Moparts

Where were Ponch & Jon at?

Posted By: Hugh Jorgan

Where were Ponch & Jon at? - 08/22/21 02:58 PM

https://autos.yahoo.com/chevy-dealer-replaces-customers-corvette-144300867.html

work
Posted By: TJP

Re: Where were Ponch & Jon at? - 08/22/21 03:35 PM

I know exactly where that was. interstate 880 (also referred to as hiway 17) in Milpitas Ca. I used to work off Dixon Landing Rd about 45 or so years ago. It was all open land and 2 lane roads at the time. The I/S back then was also only 2 lanes each way. The idiot was pretty ba--sy doing those speeds in that area. Wonder if he's looking for a job LOL beer

BTW last I heard Ponch was in mexico doing films / soap operas. Rumore has it he developed an attitude and got himself blacklisted in Hollywood shruggy
Posted By: DirectSubjection

Re: Where were Ponch & Jon at? - 08/22/21 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by TJP
[quote=Hugh Jorgan]

BTW last I heard Ponch was in mexico doing films / soap operas. Rumore has it he developed an attitude and got himself blacklisted in Hollywood shruggy

He's a piece of ****

He came up to one of my friends and said something very offensive to her, he's known for things like that

Re: Where were Ponch & Jon at? - 08/23/21 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by DirectSubjection
Originally Posted by TJP
[quote=Hugh Jorgan]

He's a piece of ****

He came up to one of my friends and said something very offensive to her, he's known for things like that

tsk
Well that goes along with what I've heard in addition to him demanding outrageous money. So maybe he likes things down south a bit more LOL stirthepot
Posted By: topside

Re: Where were Ponch & Jon at? - 08/23/21 03:54 PM

Back in the 80s-90s, that stretch of 880/17 could be pretty nutty for the most part.
A better area was the 280 between SSF & San Carlos or so - we'd run that at 130 or whatever in the wee hours, nobody around.
Gave that up when I noticed deer in some areas...

I saw "Fremont Chevrolet" and wondered if that was the old Central Chevrolet (which was also in Fremont).
Worked there for a bit, and while the owner & one son (the GM) were good people, the other son who ran Service/Parts/Bodyshop was basically a POS.
Not sure if Central relocated and changed their name, though.

Re: Where were Ponch & Jon at? - 08/24/21 01:12 AM

A better area was the 280 between SSF & San Carlos or so - we'd run that at 130 or whatever in the wee hours, nobody around.

D/A me did that on 280 closer to hiway 84 (Woodside Rd) at 145 + on a motorcycle with my now wife on the back. Pitch dark out, I guess I thought I was immortal. realcrazy beer
Posted By: bee1971

Re: Where were Ponch & Jon at? - 08/24/21 01:26 PM

Dodge Charger wanted some fun
© 2024 Moparts Forums