Moparts

Mopar Nats - Construction on Rt 40

Posted By: 56_Royal_Lancer

Mopar Nats - Construction on Rt 40 - 08/04/21 08:20 PM

State Route 40 in Hebron will be under construction during the Mopar Nats this year. This is on the west side of Hebron.

It will be open to local traffic only. See the illustration for details. The red dot is where the road is closed -and has been for a while - for culvert replacement.
National Trail Raceway have posted a detour using state Route 37 South – Interstate 70 East to Route 79.

Newark Heath & Hebron are located North of I-70 and Buckeye Lake is Located South of I-70. See Map of Detour.

Attached picture nats detour.jpg
Posted By: OhioMopar

Re: Mopar Nats - Construction on Rt 40 - 08/05/21 11:24 AM

As long as I can get to Buckeye Lake on Saturday. Lol. That does make it difficult to head to the little ice cream shop in Hebron for lunch so I don't have to pay $7.00 for a slice of pizza!
Posted By: 56_Royal_Lancer

Re: Mopar Nats - Construction on Rt 40 - 08/05/21 11:34 AM

OhioMopar - go out of the back gate and cross Rt 37 and go to Hebron on Refugee Rd. This will get you to the " Little ice cream shop" with no backtracking. Hope that helps

Re: Mopar Nats - Construction on Rt 40 - 08/05/21 11:46 AM

Not a huge problem. We've been hauling a small propane grill and a cooler full of food around with us to shows with us this year. But we probably can't keep ice cream frozen for that long! Lol. Good tip, though. Going out the back gate also helps avoid the drunk rednecks beggintg for burnouts out gate A!
Posted By: FM3AAR

Re: Mopar Nats - Construction on Rt 40 - 08/05/21 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by 56_Royal_Lancer
State Route 40 in Hebron will be under construction during the Mopar Nats this year. This is on the west side of Hebron.

Thanks for the heads up. thumbs
Posted By: burdar

Re: Mopar Nats - Construction on Rt 40 - 08/05/21 03:19 PM

Thanks for the heads up.

iagree I stay west of the track so I always take 70 to 37 but when going to Heath in the evening I would have just gone east on 40. Thanks
Posted By: 05dakota

Re: Mopar Nats - Construction on Rt 40 - 08/06/21 03:30 AM

since i wont be there it wont effect me
Posted By: SNK-EYZ

Re: Mopar Nats - Construction on Rt 40 - 08/06/21 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by 05dakota

Well for those of us that will be there we're happy that he shared the information. laugh2

It's amazing the negativity that comes out when discussing the Mopar Nats.

Is it as good as 20-30 years ago?
No, but we still have a good time when we're there. drive

It's all what "YOU" make of it.
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Mopar Nats - Construction on Rt 40 - 08/07/21 03:14 AM

Good thing we are staying in Zanesville again this year, we always take 70 to 37 anyway...

Re: Mopar Nats - Construction on Rt 40 - 08/07/21 10:05 PM

Looks like a lot of construction on 70 this year. I've been checking the maps and it looks like there is a big slow down just east of Indianapolis. I'm trying to mentally prepare for it in advance...

Also going to have to take a different route through Indy this year since 70 is closed right through the middle of the city. Probably going to take 465 down south around town.
Posted By: bee1971

Re: Mopar Nats - Construction on Rt 40 - 08/07/21 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by burdar
Looks like a lot of construction on 70 this year. I've been checking the maps and it looks like there is a big slow down just east of Indianapolis. I'm trying to mentally prepare for it in advance...

Also going to have to take a different route through Indy this year since 70 is closed right through the middle of the city. Probably going to take 465 down south around town.

465 to 40 ?

Where does the construction end exactly on 70 East of Indy ? Looks like both west and east lanes I70 is closed during certain months

Thanx for the heads up - Coming from WI
Posted By: kcarfanatic

Re: Mopar Nats - Construction on Rt 40 - 08/07/21 11:05 PM

since i wont be there it wont AFFECT me

Fixed it for you.

https://www.londonschool.com/nordic...and-effect-and-when-should-they-be-used/
Posted By: LimelightCuda

Re: Mopar Nats - Construction on Rt 40 - 08/07/21 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by SNK-EYZ

Well for those of us that will be there we're happy that he shared the information. laugh2

I agree. I still have a blast at this show. Thanks for the heads up on the construction.

Re: Mopar Nats - Construction on Rt 40 - 08/07/21 11:59 PM

465 to 40 ?

Where does the construction end exactly on 70 East of Indy ? Looks like both west and east lanes I70 is closed during certain months

Thanx for the heads up - Coming from WI

I'm coming from Iowa.
My usual route is 80 to 74. 74 all the way to Indy. Then 465 south to Sam Jones Expressway and then onto 70E. 70 is closed through the middle of Indy. I think I'm going to take 465 south all the way around Indy and catch 70 on the east side.

If you google Indianapolis and click on the map, you can look at traffic conditions and see where 70 is closed. As I type this, I don't see a big slowdown east of Indy but it was there all last week.

Re: Mopar Nats - Construction on Rt 40 - 08/08/21 06:14 AM

I quit going I-70 20 years ago, I always take US 30 cut down a couple of different ways. It takes more time, but sometimes it is actually quicker because of all the construction and idiots on 70 plus going around Indy is just a pain anymore...

Re: Mopar Nats - Construction on Rt 40 - 08/08/21 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Rhinodart

I quit going I-70 20 years ago, I always take US 30 cut down a couple of different ways. It takes more time, but sometimes it is actually quicker because of all the construction and idiots on 70 plus going around Indy is just a pain anymore...

Idk if you took 30 to 71 or further east, but try to avoid that. There's construction in Mansfield and and 30 is down to 1 lane in a lot of places. Its suuuuucks.

Re: Mopar Nats - Construction on Rt 40 - 08/08/21 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by OhioMopar
Originally Posted by Rhinodart

Idk if you took 30 to 71 or further east, but try to avoid that. There's construction in Mansfield and and 30 is down to 1 lane in a lot of places. Its suuuuucks.

No, I go down US 23 from Upper Sandusky. Yes it sucks towards Columbus but I am not a fan of major highways anyway. I take 117 to 33 sometimes also, more stuff to see in the ghetto known as Lima...LOL
Posted By: bee1971

Re: Mopar Nats - Construction on Rt 40 - 08/08/21 09:40 PM

Hopefully my new Garmin will point me in the direction of many Mopars

So with that said , I will end up in
Posted By: roadntrack

Re: Mopar Nats - Construction on Rt 40 - 08/09/21 02:04 PM

Yes, I-70 East of Indy is 1 lane for several miles.

Re: Mopar Nats - Construction on Rt 40 - 08/11/21 04:02 AM

Went out US 30 last night and all was good, just a couple short bridges under construction and of course trashed through Mansfield, so cut down to Columbus before then. I did blow out a tire on my minivan around 9PM and the spare would not release from the undercarriage as it has never been out of there and the MV is a 2006! Had to use my motor club and it took forever for them to find someone, I looked on my phone and found one down the road and he was there in 20 minutes after and hour and a half wait. I got to my motel in Austintown at 2 AM. I plan on going out US 30 on Thursday morning...
Posted By: Stroker

Re: Mopar Nats - Construction on Rt 40 - 08/12/21 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by SNK-EYZ

I'm not as good as I was 20-30 years ago, either!
My alcohol consumption is a lot less, though lol
© 2024 Moparts Forums