Moparts

Latest Roadkill

Posted By: larrymopar360

Latest Roadkill - 07/28/21 04:29 AM

I love it it’s a 66 D100 Utiline swb It’s exactly like my first vehicle my senior year in high school. Poly 318 and all except mine was three on the tree and there’s is a four-speed on the floor. It makes me want to get another one.

One thing I think Frieberger said wrong and that is he said it was the last year for the poly 318 but I think it was 67. He also said after word came the LA engines which stood for light A I thought it was for later A shruggy
Posted By: SRT6776

Re: Latest Roadkill - 07/28/21 04:35 AM

??? My newest episode is the hemi gremlin
Posted By: Kern Dog

Re: Latest Roadkill - 07/28/21 05:35 AM

The LA designation is in fact "Light A" since the engine block is lighter.
Posted By: SNK-EYZ

Re: Latest Roadkill - 07/28/21 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by SRT6776

Maybe if you're streaming it, but on Motortrend TV it's the one with the 66 D-100.
That's what was broadcast tonight on TV.
Posted By: Twostick

Re: Latest Roadkill - 07/28/21 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by larrymopar360
I love it it’s a 66 D100 Utiline swb It’s exactly like my first vehicle my senior year in high school. Poly 318 and all except mine was three on the tree and there’s is a four-speed on the floor. It makes me want to get another one.

One thing I think Frieberger said wrong and that is he said it was the last year for the poly 318 but I think it was 67. He also said after word came the LA engines which stood for light A I thought it was for later A shruggy

66 was the last year for US production. Canada still used it for 67.

Kevin

Re: Latest Roadkill - 07/28/21 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by SNK-EYZ
Originally Posted by SRT6776

Maybe if you're streaming it, but on Motortrend TV it's the one with the 66 D-100.
That's what was broadcast tonight on TV.

That makes sense, I looked back and the D100 was on last season

Re: Latest Roadkill - 07/28/21 08:21 PM

Long time ago someone told me or I heard somewhere it was later A and been thinking that all this time! Okay, light A up and I wondered about the poly production because my '67 was a poly or at least I thought it was a '67.

I really enjoyed that episode! That truck really held up well to the 750 miles and some mountainous driving and they didn't have to do a lot! I wish they would not do the 440 swap but then that's what the show is all about I guess.

Attached picture 12034_5503579852497_Original.jpg

Re: Latest Roadkill - 07/28/21 11:29 PM

Technically, the LA is a light A and a later A but the term I recall from Mopar Action and various books refers to it being a Lighter engine block, hence....Light A.
Posted By: poorboy

Re: Latest Roadkill - 07/29/21 12:49 AM

I had a 66 3/4 ton pickup back in the day. It had the 318 poly and a granny low 4 speed. The truck had a Dana with a 4:10 sure grip (or what every they called it back then). That truck was a beast, in granny low, I think it could have pulled a house off its foundation. The old poly was pretty weak by the time I got it, you really couldn't park it on a hill in any gear and expect it to not be at the bottom of the hill in the morning. Even then, it drug the dirt track car on the trailer to the track every weekend, until they wouldn't pass it through the safety inspection any more. At least they gave me the warning on that last time they let it pass" Don't bring this truck back here again".

I traded the truck for a 66 Coronet with a 383 4 speed. The guy needed the truck and I wanted the car. It was an even trade, the car wasn't that great either, but it was a lot of fun for a while. drive Gene

Re: Latest Roadkill - 07/31/21 06:46 PM

I never confirmed but I think my '67 must've had 4.10's. It was winding out in third at 60 mph (3-on-tree). Yep it'd pull a house off foundation.
Posted By: Moparite

Re: Latest Roadkill - 08/01/21 01:15 PM

What is with the flip flops? confused
Posted By: 360view

Re: Latest Roadkill - 08/01/21 02:11 PM

What does that short-bed pickup weigh?

Heavier engine block, thicker sheet metal, etc

Judging by the tire appearance still less than 3500 lbs?
Posted By: lilcuda

Re: Latest Roadkill - 08/01/21 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Moparite

Apparently you aren’t familiar with David Freiburger. That’s his thing. He almost always wears flip flops, even when it’s cold. I don’t get it. My feet would be destroyed if I did that. I need arch support!
Posted By: Magnumguy

Re: Latest Roadkill - 08/06/21 10:56 PM

Somewhere I got in m y head that Ehrenberg and him or the other guy were partners at one time?

Or am I confused?

Re: Latest Roadkill - 08/07/21 01:01 AM

I don't think that they have ever met. Freiberger is a West coast guy. Ehrenberg rarely ever makes it out this far.
Posted By: SattyNoCar

Re: Latest Roadkill - 08/07/21 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by lilcuda
Originally Posted by Moparite

Apparently you aren’t familiar with David Freiburger. That’s his thing. He almost always wears flip flops, even when it’s cold. I don’t get it. My feet would be destroyed if I did that. I need arch support!

I *think* I read somewhere that the flip flops are an homage to his mentor Gray Baskerville (remember him?) who always wore them (he wrote for Hot Rod and Rod & Custom).

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Danny

Re: Latest Roadkill - 08/07/21 01:19 PM

i get home from work and cant get out of my steel toed boots and into my flops fast enough lol
Posted By: moparx

Re: Latest Roadkill - 08/07/21 03:18 PM

and yet, i wear steel toe "sneakers" because i have MS and Peripheral Nephropathy, and my feet have very little feeling in them.
i "kick" stuff all the time. biggrin
beer

Re: Latest Roadkill - 08/07/21 06:26 PM

Aww that's cool John thanks for posting. up
Posted By: 5thAve

Re: Latest Roadkill - 08/10/21 04:54 PM

He mentioned the flip flop Gray Baskerville thing more then once. I think one time he did say he initially did it in memory of him and found it was comfortable so kept doing it.
Posted By: lilcuda

Re: Latest Roadkill - 08/12/21 08:55 PM

I do remember Gray Baskerville. I did not know David Freiburger started wearing flip flops in his honor. I learned something today.
Posted By: migsBIG

Re: Latest Roadkill - 08/13/21 01:22 PM

I unsubscribed from Motortrend On Demand because they nolonger uploaded monthly shows I wanted to watch and would make the dumbest side shows that offered very little in watchable material. David F, Steve D and Lucky C are the only guys worth watching. They let Tony & Finnegan ruin a 1968 Charger they claimed was a 'preserved' vintage car project, only to install a japanese 6 banger into it. When I seen the previews for that, I said nope and figured Motortrend is now 'jumping the shark'. RoadKill/Garage, Hotrod garage (early episodes), Engine Masters, Junkyard Gold, Dirt Everyday (early episodes) & Fast & Loud were the best shows. They onlyonly air the shows for 8 episodes and the rest of the year was nothing but 'filler shows,. Why should I pay for a full year to get terrible shows I don't want to watch?

I decided to go back to Youtube and support other car streamers that had some great content like Daily Driven Exotics, Donut Media, The New Gas Monkey Garage, B is for build, Emilia Hartford, Life at Speed, Hoonigan & update to Outlaw Racers on their respected channels. Less acting and more cars and tech. I find it way more entertaining.
Posted By: Moparite

Re: Latest Roadkill - 08/14/21 11:36 AM

Apparently you aren’t familiar with David Freiburger.

Actually i am and i don't get it either. Anybody wearing them! I had a pair when i was a kid and every rock/stick etc went under your feet(ouch). Hated them then just like now. Reminds me of the people of walmart.
[Linked Image]

Re: Latest Roadkill - 08/14/21 05:02 PM

Some people love the comfort.
I don't like to wear long pants or boots but have to wear them for work. If I could, I'd be in shorts and running shoes every day. I don't like the burden of wearing too many clothes. I am not a nudist by any stretch. I just don't like the feeling of heavy clothes hanging on me. Maybe DF likes the air between his toes? I know that cramped and sweaty feet are not comfortable.

Re: Latest Roadkill - 08/14/21 06:12 PM

I don't like flip flops either but I think the paying homage to someone part is cool. Also, chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual. But now I know why I have always lost women to guys like you.

Re: Latest Roadkill - 08/14/21 06:25 PM

Never liked flip flops but I like water shoes, slip on, can walk in the lake with them, dry fast.

Re: Latest Roadkill - 08/14/21 07:30 PM

Also, chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual.

AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! panic panic panic panic panic panic
beer

Re: Latest Roadkill - 08/14/21 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by moparx
Also, chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual.

AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! panic panic panic panic panic panic
beer

laugh Someone has got to get the movie reference!

Re: Latest Roadkill - 08/14/21 09:55 PM

Of course. John Winger/Bill Murray in 1981 Stripes.

Re: Latest Roadkill - 08/14/21 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by Frankenduster
up

Re: Latest Roadkill - 08/16/21 03:55 PM

up

i never saw that movie, so you can imagine my surprise when Larry posted. laugh2
but still................... eek devil stirthepot biggrin
beer
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: Latest Roadkill - 08/17/21 12:46 AM

Don`t like flip flops either but I do wear strap type sandals. I won`t leave home without them. LOL

Re: Latest Roadkill - 08/17/21 05:33 PM

up

i never saw that movie, so you can imagine my surprise when Larry posted. laugh2
beer
LOL that must have been a bit creepy laugh
Posted By: 6bblFLASH

Re: Latest Roadkill - 08/17/21 05:43 PM

"you can`t leave,all the plants will die"

Re: Latest Roadkill - 08/18/21 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by 6bblFLASH

well that's easy................i tell my wife that all the time ! grin
beer

Re: Latest Roadkill - 08/18/21 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by 6bblFLASH
Who can grow more than me? Talk about massive potential for growth! I am the little acorn that becomes the oak!
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: Latest Roadkill - 08/18/21 05:47 PM

up

beer

How have you never seen the movie Stripes?
Posted By: 340SIX

Re: Latest Roadkill - 08/18/21 07:15 PM

Not sure what was on last night since they have a few shows on Motor Trend with Hot Rod.
Was filmed at 2 home shops one on Pa and other in Ga.
Built 2 cars and raced at home tracks was still a good show and DVRed was 42 min.
Still better than most everything on last night.

Re: Latest Roadkill - 08/18/21 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by 340SIX
Not sure what was on last night since they have a few shows on Motor Trend with Hot Rod.
Was filmed at 2 home shops one on Pa and other in Ga.
Built 2 cars and raced at home tracks was still a good show and DVRed was 42 min.
Still better than most everything on last night.
Yeah despite being two chebbies I enjoyed that too.
© 2024 Moparts Forums