Moparts

Nats - Who's Going?

Posted By: vinnyd76

Nats - Who's Going? - 07/21/21 04:20 PM

Just checking to see if members are gearing up for the Nats (8/13 - 8/15)?

Another Mopar event where our Canadian family/friends will not have the opportunity to drive over to support. Today, local news at noon reported that the Canadian border will be closed through 8/21 for Canadians to travel into the United States. However, vaccinated Americans will be allowed into Canada starting on 8/9.
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: Nats - Who's Going? - 07/21/21 04:50 PM

May be a little late to be asking but where is a nice place to stay?
Posted By: SNK-EYZ

Re: Nats - Who's Going? - 07/21/21 06:50 PM

We'll be there.
There was already a thread on it here.
Stuff gets lost fast here in the general forum. laugh2

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthread...umbus-ohio-aug-13-14-15.html#Post2941437
Posted By: Savoy1964

Re: Nats - Who's Going? - 07/21/21 06:52 PM

We will be going 64 savoy and a 70 challenger. We stay at Best Western Pickerington Ohio expensive but there is another hotel right next to it Hampton Inn Columbus-East there are hotels East of the track also in Hebron.
Posted By: 71TA

Re: Nats - Who's Going? - 07/21/21 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by mopars4ever

This late in the game you'll have to stay over by the airport like me. Ugh. DO NOT eat over there. Go back to Brice Rd or there abouts for a safer area.

I stay at the Staybridge Columbus Airport. You'll have to trust me on this but its the ONLY one to stay at. Think there are 3 differet hotels right there.
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: Nats - Who's Going? - 07/21/21 10:08 PM

Great, thanks for the advice.
Posted By: Matt M

Re: Nats - Who's Going? - 07/21/21 10:46 PM

As mentioned this late best bet is the Airport Hotels.
I have stayed at the Airport Hilton Garden Inn the last few years I was there.
Its a good hotel.
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Nats - Who's Going? - 07/21/21 10:56 PM

wave Haven't missed it since 1986...
Posted By: nuthinbutmopar

Re: Nats - Who's Going? - 07/21/21 11:20 PM

Wife and I will be there to shop and spectate. Staying at the Comfort Suites at Broad & 270.
Posted By: A39Coronet

Re: Nats - Who's Going? - 07/21/21 11:40 PM

Gonna make a day trip on Friday to hopefully meet someone for parts and do a once over of the swap meet for some final items I didn't find at Carlisle. Little bit of a hike for one day but I'll make it work.
Posted By: 6PAX

Re: Nats - Who's Going? - 07/22/21 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by A39Coronet
Gonna make a day trip on Friday to hopefully meet someone for parts and do a once over of the swap meet for some final items I didn't find at Carlisle. Little bit of a hike for one day but I'll make it work.

Same here. I was hoping to find a room in Heath but haven't had any luck so I may just drive down for the day on Friday.
Posted By: John Brown

Re: Nats - Who's Going? - 07/22/21 01:59 AM

I always stayed in Newark when I went to National Trail for points meets.
Posted By: 56_Royal_Lancer

Re: Nats - Who's Going? - 07/22/21 11:10 AM

I would check Cherry Valley Hotel in Newark, about 15 minutes from the track. Very safe & secure location. It recently underwent a $22M renovation and has over 200 rooms. Nice place and since it was off the market for a while it may have rooms available. https://www.cherryvalleyhotel.com/
Posted By: A39Coronet

Re: Nats - Who's Going? - 07/22/21 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by 56_Royal_Lancer
I would check Cherry Valley Hotel in Newark, about 15 minutes from the track. Very safe & secure location. It recently underwent a $22M renovation and has over 200 rooms. Nice place and since it was off the market for a while it may have rooms available. https://www.cherryvalleyhotel.com/

My car club always gets a block of rooms here, last time I took advantage of it was in 2019 just before remodel. I met the new owner during a free "Welcome" event when they had free food, music, and beer for everyone attending the show. In all the years we've been going to the Nats, and spending rediculous inflated nightly rates for hotels on Brice, never did a Hotel do that for us. They'll always be my first choice as well.

Re: Nats - Who's Going? - 07/22/21 07:52 PM

My Mopar Nats confirmation/entry packet arrived in the mail today! boogie
Posted By: Magnumguy

Re: Nats - Who's Going? - 07/24/21 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by mopars4ever

Lancaster Ohio. About 30-40 mins away, and plenty of places to eat/sleep. Not far from Heath as well. Oh and yes, I'll be there with a red Magnum ( anyone surprised? )

Posted By: bee1971

Re: Nats - Who's Going? - 07/24/21 07:55 AM

Have not been there in about seven years or so , maybe longer

Went honestly about fifteen / twenty or more years all the way back to the Indy days

Anyways , any changes over the last few years or so , good and bad

Thanx Scott
Posted By: captainjack

Anyone get their NATS Swap Meet Tickets/passes? - 07/24/21 01:24 PM

Got my NATS vehicle show registration and tickets in the mail but not the swap meet tickets. Anyone get theirs? THANKS for the platform MOPARTS?
Posted By: 493 70 Runner

Re: Nats - Who's Going? - 07/25/21 03:04 AM

For some of you that have the insight, I am not a vendor or in the show, what if anything can I do to gain access to the site on Thursday?

Re: Nats - Who's Going? - 07/25/21 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by 493 70 Runner
For some of you that have the insight, I am not a vendor or in the show, what if anything can I do to gain access to the site on Thursday?

If you have a regular Fri/Sat/Sunday fun field entry all they require is being paid an additional $25 for early entry on Thursday.
Posted By: 493 70 Runner

Re: Nats - Who's Going? - 07/25/21 12:47 PM

Thanks for the timely response
Posted By: wvjohn

Re: Nats - Who's Going? - 07/25/21 12:58 PM

i received my swap meet spot, wrist band, and vendor windshield sticker SAT. 7-24. couldnt find swap meet site map on nats. site, they e mailed to me.
Posted By: Alaskan_TA

Re: Nats - Who's Going? - 07/25/21 01:48 PM

Are their different show classes for Survivor, Best Restoration, Barn Finds, etc. for the golf carts? work

Golf cart racing classes for the different categories? shruggy
Posted By: 56_Royal_Lancer

Re: Nats - Who's Going? - 07/25/21 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by A39Coronet
Originally Posted by 56_Royal_Lancer

My car club always gets a block of rooms here, last time I took advantage of it was in 2019 just before remodel. I met the new owner during a free "Welcome" event when they had free food, music, and beer for everyone attending the show. In all the years we've been going to the Nats, and spending rediculous inflated nightly rates for hotels on Brice, never did a Hotel do that for us. They'll always be my first choice as well.

New owners are nice guys, and the primary is local. There was a Cars & Coffee event on 6/19 and another one next Saturday at Cherry Valley Lodge.
© 2024 Moparts Forums