Moparts

CARLISLE HOTELS

Posted By: Magnumguy

CARLISLE HOTELS - 07/14/21 02:12 AM

Hi, looking for what y'all think or recommend for a hotel.

I usually stay with a group of friends and we rent a place to stay. Next year my wife would like to maybe go along to see what all goes on. But, I want to find a place close, reasonable, with a pool and such. Doesn't have to a chain, but maybe a small Mom & Pop place is fine with us. The closer to town and the grounds the better.

And go!!
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: CARLISLE HOTELS - 07/14/21 02:20 AM

The Microtel was awesome, free ice cream and great breakfast! BUTTTTT, it cost $700 for three nights! eek I called to get the room two weeks before and they had a room, so I said three nights and they said $520, sounded high but what can you do. Then Saturday night my room key wouldn't work, so they gave me a new one. The next day I got the bill and they told me I only asked for two days and since my stuff was still in the room they added the third night. I doubt I will stay there again... tsk
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: CARLISLE HOTELS - 07/14/21 11:48 AM

No pool but check out https://www.pheasantfield.com/. Been there a few times and really like the place.
Posted By: usp4u

Re: CARLISLE HOTELS - 07/14/21 12:41 PM

We always stay at the Best Western on 11. Its fine and close enough to the venue. Generally we reserve for the next year, so act fast.
Posted By: Twostick

Re: CARLISLE HOTELS - 07/14/21 01:21 PM

We stay at The Carlisle House bed and breakfast downtown.

https://www.thecarlislehouse.com/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=GMB

My buddy and I split on a 2 bedroom suite and when the dust settles, it's no more expensive than the chain store bug huts.

Our wives love the place and Tim and Carolyn are the best.

Just a few minutes from the fairgrounds and the best food and drink the town has to offer is within walking distance.

Kevin
Posted By: njmopar

Re: CARLISLE HOTELS - 07/14/21 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Rhinodart
The Microtel was awesome, free ice cream and great breakfast! BUTTTTT, it cost $700 for three nights! eek I called to get the room two weeks before and they had a room, so I said three nights and they said $520, sounded high but what can you do. Then Saturday night my room key wouldn't work, so they gave me a new one. The next day I got the bill and they told me I only asked for two days and since my stuff was still in the room they added the third night. I doubt I will stay there again... tsk

I tried booking there and they had a 3 night minimum for this weekend (I only need 2). I first stayed there in 2019 when they first opened and it was dirt cheap and I think they caught on to the price wars.
I would have argued that point as you could have only stayed 3 nights as per their own policy.
Posted By: formula_s

Re: CARLISLE HOTELS - 07/14/21 02:03 PM

Stayed at The Quality Inn next to the Middlesex Diner. Place was OK but the parking lot was a mess, huge pot holes , some filled with crush stone. Breakfast was a frozen egg/cheese biscuit and a warm bottle of water. The manager gave me the rate for next year but I'll wait and search the internet.
Posted By: moparjim79

Re: CARLISLE HOTELS - 07/15/21 12:05 AM

Gonna put it out there again- look at the hotels/motels off the harrisburg/Baltimore exit of the turnpike.
Posted By: Plum440

Re: CARLISLE HOTELS - 07/15/21 12:23 AM

We stayed at the Best Western Premier in Harrisburg. It was a great room, reasonably priced, awesome indoor heated pool and fantastic food from the restaurant. I believe it was only 20 mins from the Fairgrounds. It was all that was available on short notice but the family and I really enjoyed it.. Happy wife and kids made for a pleasant day at the show!
Posted By: challenger17

Re: CARLISLE HOTELS - 07/15/21 03:33 PM

Stayed at the Best Western on 11, $556 for 3 nights. Only used my credit card at the Middlesex Diner, card was hacked for over 1K. My Bank said they have contacted the local police.
Posted By: formula_s

Re: CARLISLE HOTELS - 07/15/21 03:47 PM

There was a sign next to the cash register at the Middlesex that credit cards were an additional 3.5%. Didn't use mine.
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: CARLISLE HOTELS - 07/15/21 04:12 PM

I stayed at the Sleep Inn and for the first time since I have been going to Carlisle had a decent clean room, my keycard didn't work to reenter every time I left the room , luckily it wasn't far from the front desk other than that no complaints. will probably try and stay there next year.
Posted By: Magnumguy

Re: CARLISLE HOTELS - 07/16/21 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by 11secdart
I stayed at the Sleep Inn and for the first time since I have been going to Carlisle had a decent clean room, will probably try and stay there next year.

Where's the "Sleep Inn"? I know of one at least.
© 2024 Moparts Forums