Moparts

Compact tractor rim/tire Q

Posted By: redraptor

Compact tractor rim/tire Q - 06/16/21 10:56 AM

I have a Ford 1320 that has R-1 tires. I want to get a set of R-3 turf tires on rims for mowing that I can swap out when I'm not using the loader. Seems harder and more expensive than I thought to find replacements. The rears use the same size for both R-1 and R-3. I found these:
https://www.agwheelexpress.com/stor...-ford-compact-tractor-wheel--ford-white/

Seems pricey but buying rim shells and making my own centers isn't much better.
https://www.millertire.com/categories/wheels-by-size/16x12/

Summit actually carries the tires.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/crr-570080?seid=srese2&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Brands+|+C&utm_term=4581252644079733&utm_content=GSAPI+5d3872a1b3fdb
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/CRR-574339?rrec=true

Having trouble finding the front rims with 4 3/4 bolt circle and 3 inch pilot hole. The R-1 rims have 2 1/2 inch backspacing but are 12x5 and I need at least 14x6.
Anybody here deal much in this area of equipment?
Posted By: DaveRS23

Re: Compact tractor rim/tire Q - 06/16/21 01:19 PM

I have a 1320, too. When I bought it, I got it with the turf tires. I have had to replace the front tires twice and I looked at the Carlisles. They appear to be much lighter than the original Firestones which are not exactly heavy duty. It takes some real hard looking, but the original Firestones were still available 4 years ago when I last bought them. If you can find them, they are a much better choice for our tractors than the Carlisles.

I may have to replace my front rims some day because they are severely rusted on the inside. I had to use a lot of bead sealer last tire change to get the bead to seal. I most certainly do not want to resort to tubes. I have tubes in the rear and they are a pain.

Re: Compact tractor rim/tire Q - 06/19/21 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by DaveRS23

I may have to replace my front rims some day because they are severely rusted on the inside. I have tubes in the rear and they are a pain.

Hopefully someone could point us in the right direction for rims. I have calcium in my rears. Works great but a pain also.
Posted By: RobG

Re: Compact tractor rim/tire Q - 06/19/21 12:22 PM

Check out:

Dawson tire

Steiner tractor parts

Nebraska Tire

One if these firms usually have any hard to find part for a tractor.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Compact tractor rim/tire Q - 06/19/21 05:30 PM

I have used these guys. They may have what you need but sometimes they are pretty pricey. Good luck!
https://www.tractorpartsasap.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI64bVtZyk8QIVi21vBB1XoADuEAAYASAAEgJTEvD_BwE
Posted By: 70HemiGTX

Re: Compact tractor rim/tire Q - 06/19/21 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by redraptor

I may have to replace my front rims some day because they are severely rusted on the inside. I have tubes in the rear and they are a pain.

Hopefully someone could point us in the right direction for rims. I have calcium in my rears. Works great but a pain also.

Don't use Calcium. Our tractors' tires have beet juice in them. Rims don't rust. Plus it is environmentally friendly.

Re: Compact tractor rim/tire Q - 08/28/21 11:38 AM

Well I ended up buying rim shells and tires from R.E. Miller. He told me no one in the states makes these rims for import tractors, which mine is a Yanmar.

Attached picture rims & tires.jpg

Re: Compact tractor rim/tire Q - 08/28/21 11:45 AM

I had plates cut out of 1/4 inch and turned the od/id. Then set them up in a cnc Bridgeport to drill the holes. Fortunately, I work in at machine/weld shop.

Attached picture rear plates.jpg
Attached picture front plates.jpg

Re: Compact tractor rim/tire Q - 08/28/21 11:47 AM

And the finished product. Wifey's happy it mows much better.

Attached picture turfs.jpg
Posted By: moparx

Re: Compact tractor rim/tire Q - 08/28/21 12:33 PM

"happy wife - happy life." ............ biggrin

nice job you did on the wheels ! up
beer
Posted By: TJP

Re: Compact tractor rim/tire Q - 08/28/21 03:59 PM

I may have to replace my front rims some day because they are severely rusted on the inside. I had to use a lot of bead sealer last tire change to get the bead to seal. I most certainly do not want to resort to tubes. I have tubes in the rear and they are a pain.

might think about having them blasted, JB weld the pits on bead area, sand smooth, and paint with a epoxy or urethane based paint. Another option, Check with you local powder coater. beer

Re: Compact tractor rim/tire Q - 08/29/21 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by TJP

might think about having them blasted, JB weld the pits on bead area, sand smooth, and paint with a epoxy or urethane based paint. Another option, Check with you local powder coater. beer

I think it would be easier to cut the hoops off the centers and weld them in new hoops. twocents
© 2024 Moparts Forums