Carlisle Chrysler Nationals - PA - July 9 - 11, 2021 - 06/11/21 04:29 PM

Carlisle Chrysler Nationals - PA - July 9 - 11, 2021

Attached picture ChryslerCarlisle.jpg
Posted By: formula_s

Re: Carlisle Chrysler Nationals - PA - July 9 - 11, 2021 - 06/15/21 08:46 PM

Is there a Moparts tent this year?
Posted By: kcarfanatic

Re: Carlisle Chrysler Nationals - PA - July 9 - 11, 2021 - 06/28/21 04:02 PM

I received the field map with my sticker today, no Moparts tent this year.

Re: Carlisle Chrysler Nationals - PA - July 9 - 11, 2021 - 07/02/21 01:30 PM

Less than a week away and no posts here. I guess nobody is going.
Posted By: GODSCOUNTRY340

Re: Carlisle Chrysler Nationals - PA - July 9 - 11, 2021 - 07/03/21 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by kcarfanatic
Less than a week away and no posts here. I guess nobody is going.

With crime running wild nobody wants to say, on a public form, it they're going to Carlisle. Too many A-Holes will break into your house and steal your stuff while you're gone.
Posted By: 70Challengerse

Re: Carlisle Chrysler Nationals - PA - July 9 - 11, 2021 - 07/03/21 02:29 AM

Yeah, not worried about anyone breaking into my home...lol. I'll be there.. funny though, the owner of this site,can't even tell you theres no tent?
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Carlisle Chrysler Nationals - PA - July 9 - 11, 2021 - 07/03/21 06:25 AM

I was just at the Carlisle fairgrounds two days ago, they are ready, willing, and able to put on the best show ever! Ed says it is pretty much sold out even without the Canadians and overseas people still not coming, it will be epic!

Re: Carlisle Chrysler Nationals - PA - July 9 - 11, 2021 - 07/03/21 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by 70Challengerse
Yeah, not worried about anyone breaking into my home...lol. I'll be there.. funny though, the owner of this site,can't even tell you theres no tent?

Scuttlebutt has it he won't be there.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Carlisle Chrysler Nationals - PA - July 9 - 11, 2021 - 07/03/21 01:30 PM

What's the weather forecast? The usual death by humidity?
Posted By: McCandlessboy

Re: Carlisle Chrysler Nationals - PA - July 9 - 11, 2021 - 07/03/21 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by RWG75

It's a week out so doesn't matter. Just assume hot, humid and coin flip chance of a random storm on any given day.
Posted By: NHCharger

Re: Carlisle Chrysler Nationals - PA - July 9 - 11, 2021 - 07/03/21 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by RWG75

I drive my wife crazy by start checking the Carlisle forecast when it's two weeks out. So far the Thursday thru Sunday forecast has changed every 4 hours- as usual.
Posted By: Hollywood

Re: Carlisle Chrysler Nationals - PA - July 9 - 11, 2021 - 07/03/21 09:52 PM

I'll be there with my '21 Charger Redeye. I just put an unlocked ECM and tune in it today. The weather keeps looking better.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Carlisle Chrysler Nationals - PA - July 9 - 11, 2021 - 07/04/21 01:47 PM

It was real nice out this way for NALERTO meet a couple wks ago. This last week has been "work up sweat drinking a cold one". I so wish they'd move this show up a cpl wks bacause usual pattern.
Posted By: AARCONV

Re: Carlisle Chrysler Nationals - PA - July 9 - 11, 2021 - 07/04/21 03:10 PM

No Hellcat rides

Attached picture IMG_24691.jpg
Posted By: KGorney

Re: Carlisle Chrysler Nationals - PA - July 9 - 11, 2021 - 07/04/21 09:36 PM

We’ll be there with the Challenger. My wife always liked the bingo in the women’s oasis tent. Twice she won prizes that included free registration for the next year. Looks like no bingo this year either. Could be a pretty lean show this year with all these things being dropped. Dodge not there is a huge gap!
Posted By: adventurer

Re: Carlisle Chrysler Nationals - PA - July 9 - 11, 2021 - 07/04/21 10:56 PM

We will be there Thursday - Sunday with our 77 D150 Adventurer SE Red & White.
See ya there wave
Posted By: cudaboy340

Re: Carlisle Chrysler Nationals - PA - July 9 - 11, 2021 - 07/05/21 04:11 PM

It's NOT going to be a light show this year. I just pulled the numbers and the Showfield is currently UP 196 cars over the record year of 2019. Those numbers are based on being 4 days out from the show. That's a huge difference. We could actually break 3,000 cars this year!

As far as vending, the last I heard, we were down to about 30 spaces remaining and that's because we refunded the remaining Canadian vendors last week who aren't able to attend. I think we'll sell those spaces pretty quickly.

It's true that Dodge won't be here this year but we have filled their midway space with a big tent where we will be showing the debut of the Herb McCandless documentary. It's 4 parts and you can sit in the shade and watch the whole thing if you'd like. A huge thank you to the McCandless family and the McCandless Collection for this opportunity. You'll be able to watch the documentary and look right over at several of the cars from Herb's career. To fill the void left by the Thrill Rides, we will have free open autocross runs and a multi-round exhaust contest. A lot of people have been asking for more track time so this is your chance. We've been doing the exhaust contest at other shows for a couple of years and it always draws a crowd. It's NOT a contest for how loud your exhaust is - it's based on the quality of the sound. But, ultimately, it's just for fun and a trophy.

There is still going to be more than enough to see and do in just 3 days!

Ed
Posted By: KGorney

Re: Carlisle Chrysler Nationals - PA - July 9 - 11, 2021 - 07/05/21 08:55 PM

Sounds like a good time, Ed. It’ll be interesting to see things changed up a little. My wife is still disappointed that there is no bingo though.😜
Posted By: Mountain Mike

Re: Carlisle Chrysler Nationals - PA - July 9 - 11, 2021 - 07/06/21 12:00 AM

MOPARS VERSUS THE WORLD FLYER UPDATE... sorry all we had a couple of medical emergencies Flyers will be posted tomorrow with more details.
MOPARS @ THE MOUNTAIN + MOPARS VERSUS THE WORLD
ALL ELIMINATOR ENTRIES $50 PAYOUT BY CAR COUNT
BK-1 MOPAR 7.35 + QUICKER
BK-2 MOPAR 7.36 + SLOWER
BK-1 WORLD 7.35 + QUICKER
BK-2 WORLD 7.36 + SLOWER
MODERN MOPAR ELIMINATOR (1990 TO PRESENT)
ALL LATE MODEL MOPARS - INCLUDES ALL FWD'S, VIPERS,CHALLENGERS,CHARGERS,300'S,RAMS,JEEPS, PROWLERS,CROSSFIRES,FIATS, WHO DID WE LEAVE OUT????
Posted By: 68jim

Re: Carlisle Chrysler Nationals - PA - July 9 - 11, 2021 - 07/06/21 11:59 PM

Have a buddy cancelling out. Up for sale is 2 vendor spots in row R and 2 car corral spaces. $60 for both vendor spots. PM or email about corral spaces - rrunner426 (at) verizon.net.

Driving up on Wednesday, can arrange to meet at one of the gates.

Jim
Posted By: rrbrucea

Re: Carlisle Chrysler Nationals - PA - July 9 - 11, 2021 - 07/07/21 12:49 AM

Well, my Cuda won't be making the trip as the 360 swap and associated work isn't yet completed. Will have to see how we go about swapping my daughter's 2013 Challenger Redline for the Cuda registration. Yeah, it's a "new car" but I'm hoping I can get her into the Young Guns class... she's 15 and the Redline is her first car! She was actually the one who found it with an online search... I think that's all pretty cool. up

Attached picture CudaHeartTransplant.jpg
Attached picture 168984791_10219215803328320_1940686189590119501_n.jpg
Posted By: DirectSubjection

Re: Carlisle Chrysler Nationals - PA - July 9 - 11, 2021 - 07/07/21 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by rrbrucea
Well, my Cuda won't be making the trip as the 360 swap and associated work isn't yet completed. Will have to see how we go about swapping my daughter's 2013 Challenger Redline for the Cuda registration. Yeah, it's a "new car" but I'm hoping I can get her into the Young Guns class... she's 15 and the Redline is her first car! She was actually the one who found it with an online search... I think that's all pretty cool. up

VERY cool! up
Posted By: Wizard

Re: Carlisle Chrysler Nationals - PA - July 9 - 11, 2021 - 07/07/21 07:33 AM

I will be in my usual O-74-O-77 and on the backside spots also right up from Legendary Auto Interiors. Total of 7 spots of parts. A/B/C and E body parts. If anyone needs anything ask me here and will see what I have. fenders, deck lids, hoods, doors, Steel rims, etc..

If anyone needs to use my 7 spots to leave their parts there that they bought while walking the rest of the show you can leave them with me at my spots and pick up whenever you want so you don't have to carry them all day. I will be there through Sunday.

Also if you are retired veteran military or active duty or Guard. You get $5.00 off your entrance fee. Carlisle just started this at the Ford show this year I went to, you don't have to show them your ID but I would take it just in case or something with your DD 214 paper work a copy of it if you don't have a Id or copy of discharge certificate or even some type of e-mail with your name on it from military just in case.

Don't forget the Drag Racing for Mopar's at South Mountain Raceway this Friday 9th July. Also Williams Grove Speedway dirt track racing every Friday night. here is schedule for Friday.

Williams Grove phone number is
RACING EVERY WEEKEND
RT. 15 South - Mechanicsburg
(717) 697-5000
Williams Grove Speedway

9-Jul 7:30 Fan Appreciation Night
410 Sprints & United Racing Club/EMMR Photo Shoot
Free entry to the front pits for General Admission ticket holders before the races!

Wizard (Dave)

Attached picture Mtn Bracket.jpg
Posted By: rrbrucea

Re: Carlisle Chrysler Nationals - PA - July 9 - 11, 2021 - 07/07/21 10:48 AM

Thanks! The car is pretty clean and low miles for an 8-year old car too. Like 54,000 miles on it.
Posted By: vinnyd76

Re: Carlisle Chrysler Nationals - PA - July 9 - 11, 2021 - 07/07/21 02:39 PM

Any open vendor spots still available?

Re: Carlisle Chrysler Nationals - PA - July 9 - 11, 2021 - 07/07/21 05:56 PM

Everything is sold out. The car coral and vendor spots sold out. They will open spots up as cars are sold off. Keep checking with them or look for people on other websites renting their spots due to problems they cant make it but the mother of all Mopar Mecca shows is going to be record breaking. Over 3,000 cars in show field now. Will be like no other show to date. Probably 80,000 plus people gonna be there. Been doing this show for over 15 years and its gonna be phenominal due to last year. Canadians cant cross the border still but still will be record breaking

Wizard
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Carlisle Chrysler Nationals - PA - July 9 - 11, 2021 - 07/07/21 06:41 PM

It looks like it going to cool off some for you guys

Attached picture 8A7C9722-3D95-42E0-B63B-BBEC8296B1EE.jpeg
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: Carlisle Chrysler Nationals - PA - July 9 - 11, 2021 - 07/07/21 07:33 PM

Does Carlisle fairgrounds still have the shuttle to South Mountain raceway?

Re: Carlisle Chrysler Nationals - PA - July 9 - 11, 2021 - 07/08/21 03:51 AM

I believe they still have the shuttle but I would call Carlisle fairgrounds and ask also if the phone lines are all jammed up from everyone calling go on Face book to South Mountain Raceway and ask them there or just call them and ask.

Re: Carlisle Chrysler Nationals - PA - July 9 - 11, 2021 - 07/08/21 04:14 AM

I just messaged South Mountain Raceway on face book. Should hear from them later today. I will let you know if I find out.
Posted By: roadrunninMark

Re: Carlisle Chrysler Nationals - PA - July 9 - 11, 2021 - 07/08/21 01:04 PM

Not being an a$$ but is it just me who doesn't care about Dave Rea? I mean, he is some guy that got a job at a mopar shop that just happened to have a TV show. Now he is supposed to be some major drawl to an event? Nope, I don't give two $hits. He could be a nice guy, but the notoriety is uncalled for.
Posted By: vinnyd76

Re: Carlisle Chrysler Nationals - PA - July 9 - 11, 2021 - 07/08/21 05:16 PM

Please PM me if you are looking for a swap spot. A friend of mine is not available to setup this year.
Posted By: beatgoeson

Re: Carlisle Chrysler Nationals - PA - July 9 - 11, 2021 - 07/08/21 10:41 PM

Not being an a$$ but is it just me who doesn't care about Dave Rea? I mean, he is some guy that got a job at a mopar shop that just happened to have a TV show. Now he is supposed to be some major drawl to an event? Nope, I don't give two $hits. He could be a nice guy, but the notoriety is uncalled for. [/quote]

Agree, this whole TV car show celeb thing has gotten out of hand. I mean Herb McCandless is a Legend I get that! but these TV show guys and gals Oh let me stand in line to get a picture LOL. Most people on this site have been into these cars way longer than any of these clowns.
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Carlisle Chrysler Nationals - PA - July 9 - 11, 2021 - 07/08/21 11:17 PM

Just went back to my spot to try and get all the water out of my tent before it collapsed, torrential rains! I also saw that someone ran over a bunch of my parts while I was gone getting my hotel room, sucks big time!
Posted By: hudsonhornet7x

Re: Carlisle Chrysler Nationals - PA - July 9 - 11, 2021 - 07/08/21 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by Rhinodart
Just went back to my spot to try and get all the water out of my tent before it collapsed, torrential rains! I also saw that someone ran over a bunch of my parts while I was gone getting my hotel room, sucks big time!

That sucks JB! I have missed the last two years now as each time I have gone to leave for the show, I get a call that a close family member has died. Got to take care of funeral arrangements and so on, as my family is very small. So I hope to get there next year as I need a bunch of stuff.
Posted By: njmopar

Re: Carlisle Chrysler Nationals - PA - July 9 - 11, 2021 - 07/09/21 01:40 AM

That sucks. I see this occur way too often, people do not know how to park in tight spots with big vehicles. And the saddest part is they dont care.
Posted By: Magnumguy

Re: Carlisle Chrysler Nationals - PA - July 9 - 11, 2021 - 07/10/21 02:08 PM

For the first time in a long time, I won't be there this year. Just a busy summer and all. I see it's a week later next year. I know some here look me up. Not that I have any fame or anything

Posted By: 1972CudaV21

Re: Carlisle Chrysler Nationals - PA - July 9 - 11, 2021 - 07/11/21 05:59 AM

Sorry to hear. Torrential rain has been an issue in Connecticut over the last week or so.
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: Carlisle Chrysler Nationals - PA - July 9 - 11, 2021 - 07/11/21 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by roadrunninMark
Not being an a$$ but is it just me who doesn't care about Dave Rea? I mean, he is some guy that got a job at a mopar shop that just happened to have a TV show. Now he is supposed to be some major drawl to an event? Nope, I don't give two $hits. He could be a nice guy, but the notoriety is uncalled for.

It's a long held throw back/tradition from the early show car era when event holders thought they needed additional attractions like show girls, big name racers, movie stars, TV/radio personalities, etc to offset a weak showing of vehicles, plus every dime they bring in is all that matters at times too often, personally I can agree with your sentiment, when I go to a car show, the vehicles are the stars, that's all I'm interested in, most of the time I don't even want to talk to the owners, as I find most have very little knowledge of how their car was built/finished as it was usually done by a shop or other individuals, sure they're loaded for bear to tell me how their car is one of one because it's cigar lighter delete or some other numbers nonsense... but like any big event there's always something for everyone, some are drawn to just see Duke boys, models, movie stars, TV personalities, racers, etc.... nice thing is if you don't like it, just move on to the desired subject at hand.... plus some guys have no choice but to drag along the wife/kids who have no interest in anything automotive, so non automotive distractions/attractions can be a blessing sometimes to cut down on the nagging/whining.....
Posted By: Kern Dog

Re: Carlisle Chrysler Nationals - PA - July 9 - 11, 2021 - 07/11/21 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by 1972CudaV21

Sorry to hear. Torrential rain has been an issue in Connecticut over the last week or so.

When the show is held in Connecticut, let me know.

Attached picture 1 laugh 4X.jpg
Posted By: 65pacecar

Re: Carlisle Chrysler Nationals - PA - July 9 - 11, 2021 - 07/11/21 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by DAYCLONA
Originally Posted by roadrunninMark

It's a long held throw back/tradition from the early show car era when event holders thought they needed additional attractions like show girls, big name racers, movie stars, TV/radio personalities, etc to offset a weak showing of vehicles, plus every dime they bring in is all that matters at times too often, personally I can agree with your sentiment, when I go to a car show, the vehicles are the stars, that's all I'm interested in, most of the time I don't even want to talk to the owners, as I find most have very little knowledge of how their car was built/finished as it was usually done by a shop or other individuals, sure they're loaded for bear to tell me how their car is one of one because it's cigar lighter delete or some other numbers nonsense... but like any big event there's always something for everyone, some are drawn to just see Duke boys, models, movie stars, TV personalities, racers, etc.... nice thing is if you don't like it, just move on to the desired subject at hand.... plus some guys have no choice but to drag along the wife/kids who have no interest in anything automotive, so non automotive distractions/attractions can be a blessing sometimes to cut down on the nagging/whining.....

I agree, I usually don’t care about the celebrities etc. but I understand the attraction for some. With that being said, I was at a show in SoCal and Gene Winfield was there doing some talks and panel beating, I enjoyed that celebrity guest and the knowledge/passion he still has for the hobby.
© 2024 Moparts Forums