Moparts

Mega Mopar Action At Thunder Mountain Today - Pics

Posted By: goldfish

Mega Mopar Action At Thunder Mountain Today - Pics - 06/07/21 12:59 AM

Hello!

I went to Mega Mopar Action At Thunder Mountain @ Bandimere Speedway in Morrison Colorado today. I hadn't been able to attend since 2012. It was a beautiful day for a show and racing.
I was expecting 75% classic and 25% new, but I think that ratio was reversed. Pretty cool seeing a Demon Challenger racing in real life. smile

Here are the pics.
https://www.hamtramck-historical.com/events/MoparAtThunderMountain2021-1.shtml

Thanks,
Mike
Posted By: BloFish

Re: Mega Mopar Action At Thunder Mountain Today - Pics - 06/07/21 03:41 AM

Thanks for sharing up
Posted By: Redbird

Re: Mega Mopar Action At Thunder Mountain Today - Pics - 06/07/21 04:49 AM

I went today for probably the 1st time in 10 years.

The good: I spoke with several interesting people. It was astounding to see how much faster the current muscle cars are than vintage cars.

The bad: The number of vintage cars there has dropped significantly. As it had always been, it is just time in a big asphalt parking lot. Not much at all at the swap meet any more. It seemed like a dying event to me.

Today probably marks the end of my attendance there. I'd much rather fly out to Mopars in the Park in Minnesota the same weekend. It is such a better and more enjoyable event for me.

I don't really care about drag racing, it is just a noisy distraction for me. There was a little sprinkle mid day. One of the slower cars spun out and hit the wall. It seemed like an expensive fender bender for someone.

I go to a number of car shows every year that I enjoy. Those I'll continue to go to.
Posted By: fc7_plumcrazy

Re: Mega Mopar Action At Thunder Mountain Today - Pics - 06/07/21 02:29 PM

thanks for sharing the pics

All Mopar shows in Germany are just for classics so there is usually a 1979 cut off date.
So people in newer Mopars don't attend. And those who have both bring their old cars instead of the more comfortable modern one

Carsten
© 2024 Moparts Forums