Moparts

Best option to ship an engine/trans NYC to Chicago or Iowa?

Posted By: furious70

Best option to ship an engine/trans NYC to Chicago or Iowa? - 05/05/21 02:10 PM

I've used Forward Air in the past but have been trying all week via email or phone and cannot reach them for a quote. Anyone else got ideas for a carrier to use?
Posted By: W.I.N. Racing

Re: Best option to ship an engine/trans NYC to Chicago or Iowa? - 05/05/21 04:38 PM

I've used Yellow Freight to send a Hemi from NY to Colorado without any issue. Crated it up and dropped it at the terminal all went well.
Posted By: belv2vert66

Re: Best option to ship an engine/trans NYC to Chicago or Iowa? - 05/05/21 06:02 PM

I have had great luck with U Ship. Everything from cars to motorcycles to lawn equipment
Posted By: Prodart440

Re: Best option to ship an engine/trans NYC to Chicago or Iowa? - 05/06/21 04:15 PM

I have also used YRC (Yellow freight) to ship from Tennessee to Washington. They were the least expensive, but not the fastest.
Posted By: furious70

Re: Best option to ship an engine/trans NYC to Chicago or Iowa? - 05/07/21 02:53 AM

yellow looks like a good price, thanks!
Posted By: srt

Re: Best option to ship an engine/trans NYC to Chicago or Iowa? - 05/08/21 01:55 PM

Fastenall.
Sold a max to a member from NJ, and from Ca to there was very reasonable.
Just be sure to fab up a pallet (I cut one down) securely strapped the engine down and built a crate around it. They need to pick up with a small forklift.
Dropped off, less than a week later it was there.
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Best option to ship an engine/trans NYC to Chicago or Iowa? - 05/28/21 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by srt
Fastenall.
Sold a max to a member from NJ, and from Ca to there was very reasonable.
Just be sure to fab up a pallet (I cut one down) securely strapped the engine down and built a crate around it. They need to pick up with a small forklift.
Dropped off, less than a week later it was there.

Hear Fastenal was a good place to try , never used them though.
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Best option to ship an engine/trans NYC to Chicago or Iowa? - 05/28/21 10:57 PM

I just went through Iowa both ways this week. I do have to pick a car up in New York in the next couple of weeks also. I am going back to Iowa on July 5th, where about in Iowa, the same place I have been?
© 2024 Moparts Forums