Moparts

Company truck 2021 GMC 1500 diesel

Posted By: bigdad

Company truck 2021 GMC 1500 diesel - 05/05/21 02:00 PM

I tried to get them to buy something else but ..

We bought one of these for my work truck instead , we will see how well it performs over time

Posted By: Grizzly

Re: Company truck 2021 GMC 1500 diesel - 05/05/21 02:28 PM

Yeah, well they definitely don't have a problem with shaming their valued employees, do they? I guess they'll wish they listened to you when it spends more time in the shop than on the road?

Regarding the styling: is that a photo of the front of the truck or is it the back? confused

Wear a paper bag over your head. twocents I'd quit my job before being seen in that ugly thing. Seriously.
Posted By: oldjonny

Re: Company truck 2021 GMC 1500 diesel - 05/05/21 02:32 PM

Kind of like GM jamming the 2.7 turbo into full size trucks and then having to darn near give them away as cheap leases just to get them off the lots. GM has never been any good at building their 'own' diesel and has had to rely on someone else to actually make anything work. Kind of like their historical 4-6-8 technology back in the day. I will NEVER buy another new GM anything.

Re: Company truck 2021 GMC 1500 diesel - 05/05/21 02:41 PM

we actually bought two of them .. Mine gets used pretty hard at this location , replaced the 2012 f-150 eco boost , it had 155,000 .. kept that for back up and running errands , its in the shop right now --again ( lol )
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Company truck 2021 GMC 1500 diesel - 05/05/21 03:21 PM

The regular Duramax is a good engine, if that smaller one is as good you have no worries. My company truck is a 16 3500HD silverado with the Duramax. It had a turbo and injector under warranty but has been flawless since. I like the ford I had better but the chevy has worn on me, hate the trans, love the ride.
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Company truck 2021 GMC 1500 diesel - 05/05/21 04:25 PM

Fugly Gay Mans Chevy, good luck! runaway
Posted By: HotRodDave

Re: Company truck 2021 GMC 1500 diesel - 05/05/21 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Bad340fish
The regular Duramax is a good engine, if that smaller one is as good you have no worries. My company truck is a 16 3500HD silverado with the Duramax. It had a turbo and injector under warranty but has been flawless since. I like the ford I had better but the chevy has worn on me, hate the trans, love the ride.

Those are expensive repairs if you were to have to do them on their own and only on a 5 year old truck, I don't get people who say a vehicle is great in spite of needing expensive repairs at a young age and in my shop Duramax is king of expensive repairs.
Posted By: A39Coronet

Re: Company truck 2021 GMC 1500 diesel - 05/05/21 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Grizzly
I'd quit my job before being seen in that ugly thing. Seriously.

Lol bye!

Posted By: nutso suave

Re: Company truck 2021 GMC 1500 diesel - 05/06/21 11:00 PM

Wasn't the duramax designed by Isuzu?
Posted By: HotRodDave

Re: Company truck 2021 GMC 1500 diesel - 05/06/21 11:23 PM

yes, the v8 duramax in the 2500 and 3500 is just an isuzu butt GM owns the name duramax. This is a GM engine that will probably go over like a fart in sunday school.
Posted By: TJP

Re: Company truck 2021 GMC 1500 diesel - 05/07/21 12:35 AM

They are fugly IMO, I have a 2018 Silverado but would have to pass on that one down stirthepot popcorn
Posted By: oldjonny

Re: Company truck 2021 GMC 1500 diesel - 05/07/21 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by HotRodDave
yes, the v8 duramax in the 2500 and 3500 is just an isuzu butt GM owns the name duramax. This is a GM engine that will probably go over like a fart in sunday school.

Correct. GM struggles with Diesels. Heck, being #3 in truck sales, they continue to slide down the dumper.
Posted By: Twostick

Re: Company truck 2021 GMC 1500 diesel - 05/07/21 12:48 AM

It's built in Rayong, Thailand. I'm pretty sure it's an Isuzu too.

Kevin
Posted By: poorboy

Re: Company truck 2021 GMC 1500 diesel - 05/07/21 02:40 AM

I feel sorry for you Bigdad.
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Company truck 2021 GMC 1500 diesel - 05/07/21 12:11 PM

I talked to a guy the other day that had one, he really liked it. Said it had a 150k mile warranty on the engine. It's not a gm engine.
Posted By: Wheeler

Re: Company truck 2021 GMC 1500 diesel - 05/11/21 03:04 PM

Those are expensive repairs if you were to have to do them on their own and only on a 5 year old truck, I don't get people who say a vehicle is great in spite of needing expensive repairs at a young age and in my shop Duramax is king of expensive repairs.

The Duramax 3.0L diesel has a belt driven oil pump. shock

The oil pump belt needs to be replaced at 150,000 miles.

In order to access the belt - the transmission needs to be removed. down

"Does the Chevy 3.0L Duramax diesel have a design flaw?" https://pickuptrucktalk.com/2020/08/chevy-3-0l-duramax-diesel-design-flaw/

"What you don't know about the 3.0-liter Duramax diesel": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFNsg7bCtdA&t=344s

Re: Company truck 2021 GMC 1500 diesel - 05/12/21 12:03 PM

Lol .. nice
Posted By: Sniper

Re: Company truck 2021 GMC 1500 diesel - 05/12/21 01:43 PM

Doesn't seem to bother you enough to find another job though.

Company gives you a free truck, they are paying the bills and you complain about it.

Some people.

I have a company truck, for the record. Not what I would have chosen but it does the job and I don't complain about it either. Other than it's a pita to park in town, 2019 Silverado 2500, 4 door, long bed, 4x4. I had a Colorado prior to this monstrosity. That was the perfect size.
Posted By: 6PakBee

Re: Company truck 2021 GMC 1500 diesel - 05/12/21 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by bigdad

Lol .. nice

I seem to remember that there is a Ford engine with a timing chain in the rear of the engine. #1 son had one (a Ranger IIRC) that he purchased with the extended warranty. Three chains later he traded it off. He is definitely NOT a gearhead but it got to the point he could hear it when the chain needed replacement.

Re: Company truck 2021 GMC 1500 diesel - 05/12/21 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Sniper
Doesn't seem to bother you enough to find another job though.

Company gives you a free truck, they are paying the bills and you complain about it.

Some people.

I have a company truck, for the record. Not what I would have chosen but it does the job and I don't complain about it either. Other than it's a pita to park in town, 2019 Silverado 2500, 4 door, long bed, 4x4. I had a Colorado prior to this monstrosity. That was the perfect size.

where did I complain ? Heck no, got a good job .. its up to them what they buy
Posted By: Nukechargerboy

Re: Company truck 2021 GMC 1500 diesel - 05/12/21 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by 6PakBee

Lol .. nice

I seem to remember that there is a Ford engine with a timing chain in the rear of the engine. #1 son had one (a Ranger IIRC) that he purchased with the extended warranty. Three chains later he traded it off. He is definitely NOT a gearhead but it got to the point he could hear it when the chain needed replacement.

Glad I didn't buy that truck now! What's the flat rate on that belt change?
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Company truck 2021 GMC 1500 diesel - 05/12/21 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Nukechargerboy
Originally Posted by 6PakBee

Lol .. nice

Glad I didn't buy that truck now! What's the flat rate on that belt change?

The guy I spoke to said about $5500, also said he'd trade it before then. LOL
Posted By: moparjim79

Re: Company truck 2021 GMC 1500 diesel - 05/13/21 01:42 AM

I tried to get them to buy something else but ..

We bought one of these for my work truck instead , we will see how well it performs over time

You did post on a Mopar site, so what did you expect? Yeah, its horrendously ugly, WHO CARES? If they are covering the cost of everything, its really simple--continue to be greatful. I dislike my work truck, but I LOVE not paying for anything that goes with it, and its pretty much always got the job done. As far as quitting your job instead of being seen driving around in it as another poster replied, only something an absolute phucktard would say.
Posted By: Dcuda69

Re: Company truck 2021 GMC 1500 diesel - 05/13/21 02:10 AM

Originally Posted by Wheeler

"Does the Chevy 3.0L Duramax diesel have a design flaw?" https://pickuptrucktalk.com/2020/08/chevy-3-0l-duramax-diesel-design-flaw/

"What you don't know about the 3.0-liter Duramax diesel": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFNsg7bCtdA&t=344s

It sounds like a company truck.........why would the driver care? That stuff is a company issue. I'm not a GM guy but if my boss gives me a brand new anything to drive...I'm smiling!!! If it fails...their issue, not mine!

Edit: I've been in a 19 GM diesel 1/2 ton......amazingly quiet! Not sure I'd own one but not a bad ride!
Posted By: Grizzly

Re: Company truck 2021 GMC 1500 diesel - 05/13/21 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by moparjim79
. As far as quitting your job instead of being seen driving around in it as another poster replied, only something an absolute phucktard would say.

No Phucktard, that's something someone with pride and decency would say. Have you ever looked into the history of Blunder Motors or are you just some kind of Wannabe Mo' Fart? Do you know that they bent the Taxpayer over for 11.9 Billion dollars?

Obviously, you can't say schitt to your boss if your mouth was full of it because you'd be too busy on your hands and knees for a paycheck. At the bottom of the ladder at your job cleaning urinals?

I don't have to do that. wink Good People in any company can call shots on something as trivial as vehicle brand that they have to drive. twocents

Run along with your mop and pail, Goofball: I hear your Boss coming around the corner. spank
Posted By: abodyjoe

Re: Company truck 2021 GMC 1500 diesel - 05/13/21 11:33 AM

quite a few guys on a travel trailer site i'm on have them and so far really like them.. guess time will tell how well they will hold up..
Posted By: moparjim79

Re: Company truck 2021 GMC 1500 diesel - 05/14/21 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by Grizzly
Originally Posted by moparjim79
. As far as quitting your job instead of being seen driving around in it as another poster replied, only something an absolute phucktard would say.

No Phucktard, that's something someone with pride and decency would say. Have you ever looked into the history of Blunder Motors or are you just some kind of Wannabe Mo' Fart? Do you know that they bent the Taxpayer over for 11.9 Billion dollars?

Obviously, you can't say schitt to your boss if your mouth was full of it because you'd be too busy on your hands and knees for a paycheck. At the bottom of the ladder at your job cleaning urinals?

I don't have to do that. wink Good People in any company can call shots on something as trivial as vehicle brand that they have to drive. twocents

Run along with your mop and pail, Goofball: I hear your Boss coming around the corner. spank

Oh, you spoiled little ass pirate. Theres so much I could say about what you've posted just here on this thread thats probably only the norm in podunk village where you live, but I digress.
© 2024 Moparts Forums