Moparts

Mopar Action magazine

Posted By: 4aThrill

Mopar Action magazine - 04/27/21 02:45 AM

Thinking about putting an advertisement in Mopar Action, but would like to know who all still buys/reads Mopar Action before investing money into the ad.
Posted By: stumpy

Re: Mopar Action magazine - 04/27/21 03:10 AM

I didn't know it was still in print.
Posted By: SattyNoCar

Re: Mopar Action magazine - 04/27/21 03:42 AM

I still buy it, but regardless, its still a limited market. If you buy it off the newsstand, its over $8.00 an issue, and that's IF you can find a place that carries it. I used to be able to buy it just about anywhere locally, now I'm down to just two stores (Barnes & Noble and Wally World).
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Mopar Action magazine - 04/27/21 04:50 AM

I used to subscribe to every Mopar rag on the market. I stopped probably 15 years ago because anything worthwhile ended up on here as soon as the issue came out. Also, how many times can you see the same Plum Crazy E bodies before you puke?
Posted By: Kern Dog

Re: Mopar Action magazine - 04/27/21 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by stumpy
I didn't know it was still in print.

This guy also doesn't know that Indoor plumbing exists.
Posted By: 1972CudaV21

Re: Mopar Action magazine - 04/27/21 04:55 AM

What about advertising on this website? Or other Mopar forums?
Posted By: jcc

Re: Mopar Action magazine - 04/27/21 05:27 AM

Its leaning more Modern mopar as time moves on IMO, is this your market?

Re: Mopar Action magazine - 04/27/21 05:30 AM

I LOVE the magazine. I've been a subscriber since the early 2000s.
I work on my cars, I don't farm out everything. The dorks that pay others to fix their cars may not read car magazines but guys like me read them. Online forums are great but to me, nothing replaces the tactile feeling of a magazine with all sorts of info right in your hands.

Attached picture DO it 2.jpg
Posted By: SNK-EYZ

Re: Mopar Action magazine - 04/27/21 06:19 AM

I love reading the print magazines, but I'm not sure that advertising in them is cost effective anymore.

I started reproducing the E-Body and B-Body 4 speed shifter mounting brackets (the aluminum bracket that bolts between the shifter body and the trans tail housing) back in the early 1990's and bought ads in Mopar Action and MCG.
The ads aren't cheap and I never did really sell many from the magazine ads.

I sold a few retail but mostly wholesaled them to vendors like Year One (I still sell them to Year One).

It might be different for you, but for me it wasn't cost effective. twocents
Posted By: Montclaire

Re: Mopar Action magazine - 04/27/21 10:54 AM

There is a certain segment of the hobby that never participates on message boards or searches for online content. So I would say that it would depend on if what you are offering appeals to that demographic.
Posted By: sixpakdodge

Re: Mopar Action magazine - 04/27/21 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Montclaire
There is a certain segment of the hobby that never participates on message boards or searches for online content. So I would say that it would depend on if what you are offering appeals to that demographic.

My Grandfather was one of those people. If it wasn't in a magazine, he didn't know anything about it.

That being said, I still pick up Mopar Action on the news stand once in a while. I like Ehrenberg's Q&A sections, and I like to look at the ads to see what's out there. Most car features, and "techy" install articles (FI, computers, etc.) don't interest me.
Posted By: hudsonhornet7x

Re: Mopar Action magazine - 04/27/21 12:40 PM

I still read it. I too like getting my copy in the mailbox and going through the pages. The internet loses something in translation for me. For the record, I am 39 and don't own a cell phone either.
Posted By: Stanton

Re: Mopar Action magazine - 04/27/21 12:51 PM

I buy it out of habit. It the ONLY magazine I buy. There have been MANY useful articles that I plan to use once the car starts going back together. I've gained a lot of knowledge from E'berg's tech column. Sure, Youtube is great for a 5-minute how-to on something but let me see you find a whole EFI on a bigiblock Mopar using late model scrap yard parts. Good luck with that ! As for the ads, they have to be for something I'd need. And FWIW, I don't want to see any political, religious, pro-gun or anti-abortion ads in a car magazine !
Posted By: basketcase

Re: Mopar Action magazine - 04/27/21 01:07 PM

I quit buying MA years ago when they tore apart a one owner '66 Imperial just to see how fast it could go.
Posted By: CKessel

Re: Mopar Action magazine - 04/27/21 03:51 PM

I have a subscription to it. Great read still. Your other choice for advertising would be the Mopar Collectors Guide. I believe these are the only two in print that are worthwhile.
Posted By: moparx

Re: Mopar Action magazine - 04/27/21 04:27 PM

i just re-upped to those guys for two years. i'll do it again if they are still around. [provided i'm still around as well]
i have a flip phone, and it's hard to use. oh, i'm old too............ biggrin
beer
Posted By: dOc !

Re: Mopar Action magazine - 04/27/21 04:35 PM

Flip phone and a desktop with the UP TO DATE Pong vid game !

Yer more YESTERtech than I am whistling
Posted By: moparx

Re: Mopar Action magazine - 04/27/21 05:24 PM

my wonderful wifey of 41yrs got a sMaRt[er] PhOnE from santa, and her gal friend has been coming over a couple of times a week learnin' her how to work it.
however, i did SuCeSsFuLlY install a one year card on it for her ! boogie it has tweets and gigs and tex's and minutes, and other stuffs i don't know even know how to pronounce !
beer
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: Mopar Action magazine - 04/27/21 05:28 PM

I have a subscription to it.
Posted By: RoadRunner

Re: Mopar Action magazine - 04/27/21 08:42 PM

I just renewed. I used like Mopar Muscle better, but I do enjoy the technical content in Mopar Action. It's nice to grab a magazine and bring it to garage to review the article and see the project on the bench.
Posted By: topside

Re: Mopar Action magazine - 04/27/21 10:10 PM

MA subscriber since forever. MCG too, for the few articles per year that are informative.
I like books, magazines & manuals: portable reading, y'know,,,
When I finally pitch/donate/start a fire with my million tons of saved magazines, the ones I'll keep are MA & some HR that have good tech in them.
Posted By: roadrunninMark

Re: Mopar Action magazine - 04/27/21 11:57 PM

Just renewed a few months ago. Thet were running a special, buy 1 year get 1 year for a friend. So I paid in two installments. Now they keep sending me a reminder to pay again or the gift subscription won’t continue. I call them and they said I am paid up for the year but the gift subscription is not paid up. Huh? How is that possible? I have emailed twice now as I can’t get throught to them on the phone again. Never hear back. When my cars are done I think I will not renew as they are incompetent and not easy to deal with.

Re: Mopar Action magazine - 04/28/21 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by Stanton
And FWIW, I don't want to see any political, religious, pro-gun or anti-abortion ads in a car magazine !

Didn't the Green Brick have a "Nuke the Unborn Gay Whales" bumper sticker? Lol One of their best issues was the recalled one with Steve Juliano and the story of how he "stole" the Rapid Transit cars. There was also the article on the nitrous rental neon, which they had to appologize for.

I think Tony Defeo's 12.99 for $1299 piece was in HP Mopar? Mopar Muscle was always my least favorite, good for only the photos - they had someone ghost writing the tech articles who didn't know a torque wrench from a thermostat. One of the contributors was on here years ago and whatever I said, it really got under his skin. I think it was Dulcich.
Posted By: Ron_M

Re: Mopar Action magazine - 04/28/21 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by 4aThrill
Thinking about putting an advertisement in Mopar Action, but would like to know who all still buys/reads Mopar Action before investing money into the ad.

I have every issue and the HP Mopar issues before the split.
Posted By: 318 Stroker

Re: Mopar Action magazine - 04/28/21 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Stanton
And FWIW, I don't want to see any political, religious, pro-gun or anti-abortion ads in a car magazine !

Didn't the Green Brick have a "Nuke the Unborn Gay Whales" bumper sticker? Lol One of their best issues was the recalled one with Steve Juliano and the story of how he "stole" the Rapid Transit cars. There was also the article on the nitrous rental neon, which they had to appologize for. .

What's the story on the recalled issue with the Rapid Transit cars? Never heard that one.

Re: Mopar Action magazine - 04/28/21 08:15 PM

It was written sort of tongue in cheek, playing up that Juliano somehow stole the cars by paying a fraction of their value or by less than honest means. Somebody got torqued off about it and they had to pull any unsold issues from the news stands. It’s a great article. If I remember, that issue also featured a 1970 Vitamin C, V-code Charger, also a good article.

Re: Mopar Action magazine - 04/28/21 08:21 PM

It’s April 2001. There’s a silver Crossfire on the cover.
Posted By: 318 Stroker

Re: Mopar Action magazine - 04/28/21 08:31 PM

It’s April 2001. There’s a silver Crossfire on the cover.

Thanks, I'll go through my past issues to see if I have that one.
Posted By: RoadRunnerLuva

Re: Mopar Action magazine - 04/28/21 08:40 PM

I subscribed on and off for alot of years. But the latest I had...the issues kept coming to my residence all torn up, or folded badly in half...so after last issue, that was time to give it up for good. No more room for mags anyway, I have too many as it is.
Posted By: not_a_charger

Re: Mopar Action magazine - 04/28/21 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Frankenduster
I LOVE the magazine. I've been a subscriber since the early 2000s.
I work on my cars, I don't farm out everything. The dorks that pay others to fix their cars may not read car magazines but guys like me read them. Online forums are great but to me, nothing replaces the tactile feeling of a magazine with all sorts of info right in your hands.

Agree with this 100%. I love having the info at hand, and I enjoy re-reading them at times. Same reason I subscribe to Hemmings instead of solely relying on online classifieds, Ebay, etc.
Posted By: DynoDave

Re: Mopar Action magazine - 04/29/21 01:19 AM

Ma and MCG subscriber (MCG longer).

I only subscribe to MA for Ehrenberg's tech articles. The rest of it is like reading articles written by Beavis and Butthead. So I tend to thumb through it more quickly.

MCG I read every page. twocents
Posted By: 1972CudaV21

Re: Mopar Action magazine - 04/29/21 01:57 AM

Do you guys like Chrysler Power? I’m not sure if it’s still sold in stores?

Attached picture D42044B6-3779-4756-A1C0-2D76D3F56B97.jpeg

Re: Mopar Action magazine - 04/29/21 03:56 AM

I like the spirit of Chrysler Power but when I see feature cars with bad bodywork and black engine bays, it smacks of a Harbor Freight-esque magazine.
Posted By: YGBSM

Re: Mopar Action magazine - 04/29/21 11:57 AM

I've been buying and reading Mopar Action since the early 1990s. E-berg's articles are the best. Get a subscription. Even with the move to Nashville, they still have good customer service.
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Mopar Action magazine - 04/29/21 12:59 PM

I used to subscribe to both Mopar Muscle and Mopar Action. Let them both lapse a few years ago. The tech articles had gotten boring and not very useful in my opinion.
Same w/ Hot Rod and Car Craft. I always liked Car Craft the most, but both became garbage eventually.
Posted By: DynoDave

Re: Mopar Action magazine - 04/29/21 10:40 PM

I didn't know Chrysler Power was back again...again.
Posted By: SattyNoCar

Re: Mopar Action magazine - 04/29/21 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by DynoDave
I didn't know Chrysler Power was back again...again.

iagree
Posted By: Stroker

Re: Mopar Action magazine - 04/30/21 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by 1972CudaV21

I don't think I've seen it anywhere but Barnes & Noble.
I was surprised to see Mopar Action at County Market, a grocery chain in the midwest.
Hell, I was surprised to see them still selling magazines
Posted By: Jim_Lusk

Re: Mopar Action magazine - 04/30/21 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by 1972CudaV21

Our local WinCo has carried it, but we don't go in there often.

Was glad to see Roland at Spring Fling a few years ago, though. We go WAY back...

Attached picture DW248753.JPG
Posted By: geo.

Re: Mopar Action magazine - 05/01/21 02:28 AM

Originally Posted by topside
MA subscriber since forever. MCG too, for the few articles per year that are informative.
I like books, magazines & manuals: portable reading, y'know,,,
When I finally pitch/donate/start a fire with my million tons of saved magazines, the ones I'll keep are MA & some HR that have good tech in them.

Same here, as long as Ehrenberg keeps coming up with interesting tech or has a pulse!
I think I bought the first issue in maybe 1989.
Long live Mopar Action!
© 2024 Moparts Forums