Moparts

uncle tony working on a 67 gtx hemi

Posted By: theraif

uncle tony working on a 67 gtx hemi - 04/26/21 06:39 PM

Posted By: MarkZ

Re: uncle tony working on a 67 gtx hemi - 04/26/21 06:46 PM

I can watch this guy for hours. Makes up most of my viewing time on YouTube now. I really wanted to make the open house, but couldn't get the time.
Posted By: SRT6776

Re: uncle tony working on a 67 gtx hemi - 04/27/21 12:36 AM

Cool to see a hemi car, I dont really get the whole slant 6 and 318 everything angle. I mean, 5.7 hemis are 50X better than both and can be found easier for dirt cheap if that's his thought process on catering to broke young guys.
Posted By: 2boltmain

Re: uncle tony working on a 67 gtx hemi - 04/27/21 01:44 PM

I like Tonys channel. It is nice to see him working on nice cars. I appreciate his budget based stuff- Bottle Rocket and such but I like to see cars with nice paint and neat engine compartments. On the other end of the scale I cant stand the typical sunday morning PowerBlock shows- they are the opposite. No budget with free donated high dollar stuff. I cringed when Tony re used piston rings in his 318 daily driver. But I understand the entire done on the cheap thing.
Posted By: ragtop

Re: uncle tony working on a 67 gtx hemi - 04/27/21 01:58 PM

Do Hemi E body's have the same boxed in piece at the far rear of the rear frame rail(next to the rear shackle), like this 67 GTX does?
Posted By: grancuda

Re: uncle tony working on a 67 gtx hemi - 04/28/21 02:23 AM

I don’t get the big buyer beware click bait. I like his videos but this whole break down how incorrect this car was, which they bought the car knowing it needed the mechanicals gone thru, was really a bunch of petty stuff especially since they were planning to go thru it all.
Posted By: Moparnut426

Re: uncle tony working on a 67 gtx hemi - 08/17/22 02:04 PM

Dads been gone for 11 years this year, that being said watching Uncle Tonys channel really brings me back to helping dad. His antics, mannerisms, hand gestures, etc etc etc are all almost identical! even down to how he holds his cigarettes, and put his hair through his hat.

Watching him assemble that 383, and watching him talk about points is just plain awesome! I wish we lived closer cause Id quit my job, and do what he does and help him with paint and body...

The dude is full of old school know how, and very budget minded for literally any home wrench guy.
Posted By: PhillyRag

Re: uncle tony working on a 67 gtx hemi - 08/18/22 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by grancuda
I don’t get the big buyer beware click bait. I like his videos but this whole break down how incorrect this car was, which they bought the car knowing it needed the mechanicals gone thru, was really a bunch of petty stuff especially since they were planning to go thru it all.

I agree. It's not like the guy was ripped off buying it. The interior looks great, which is a plus, along with body.
The whole loose bolts shouldn't be a surprise to anyone buying such a car that sat for 18 years & not sold as street-wise.
The engine breakdown details were enlightening if you were expecting a "correct" street hemi.
But any older hemi car has "history" wrt racing, mods, etc.
Overall a good video.
Posted By: NITROUSN

Re: uncle tony working on a 67 gtx hemi - 08/18/22 01:05 PM

Yawn.
Posted By: justinp61

Re: uncle tony working on a 67 gtx hemi - 08/18/22 01:28 PM

If I had just purchased a Hemi car, UT would be the last person I'd want to work on it. But's that's just me.
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: uncle tony working on a 67 gtx hemi - 08/18/22 01:44 PM

My thought also , I rarely can make it thru a full video of his .
Posted By: GY3

Re: uncle tony working on a 67 gtx hemi - 08/18/22 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by JohnRR

My thought also , I rarely can make it thru a full video of his .

Same. Drunkle Tony.

I was done after the project bottle rocket where he kept throwing out ludicrous numbers that he expected the car to run on nitrous all the while running a worn out, dry rotted 50 year-old front suspension and having it fail.

Please don't line up next to me at the track with that garbage. realcrazy

Then there was the half-assed engine that came apart on Nick's dyno, driving the '66 or '67 Charger around with gas leaking all over...etc.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: uncle tony working on a 67 gtx hemi - 08/19/22 04:01 AM

I met Uncle Tony last year at a Slant 6 event he set up. All I'll say is he is a weird little fella.
Posted By: lilcuda

Re: uncle tony working on a 67 gtx hemi - 08/19/22 04:17 PM

I watched a few episodes, mainly because I really like '66 - '67 B bodies, especially Hemis. The thing about his videos is that he needs to learn how to edit them. Do we really need to see a full minute of him filling the float bowls? No. That's just one example.

I also disagree with his assessment of the main caps during the teardown of the shortblock in the third (or fourth?) episode featuring this car.. He says they were loose in the registers because they are the wrong caps. I doubt that. Unless it was line-bored, the crank wouldn't spin with the wrong caps. He even mentions the block had a window in it that was welded up, which means it was subjected to some trauma. Main caps can get loose from detonation, but he doesn't mention that.

I do wish I had his shop, though. Not that it is anything special, I would just love to have that much space.
© 2024 Moparts Forums