Moparts

Dodge/Ram dealers very limited inventory?

Posted By: carcrazyguy

Dodge/Ram dealers very limited inventory? - 04/03/21 11:53 AM

Just curious if your local Dodge/Ram dealer is looking a little thin right now? My 2 local dealers don’t have 10 new trucks between them. Usually each one has 30-50, new trucks at any given time. What they have left are the bare bones reg cabs, tradesman quad cabs and a couple of Cummins. I honestly don’t see how they are keeping people employed with the lots so bare. The other brand dealers are packed with cars/trucks. Just wanted to see if it is a local/regional issue or is it a Dodge/Ram issue?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Dodge/Ram dealers very limited inventory? - 04/03/21 12:39 PM

Her new jeep came with some number of free oil changes so was at the local dealer last week. Pretty wells stocked with Renegades, Wranglers, Gladiators. About the usual number of commercial trucks, one Durango in the showroom. Not a single 300, Charger, Challenger or even a mini van. The truly odd thing: a loaded up Gladiator with a clearance tag reading in big bold letters "Last One!" and now only $57,000. The odd part being the nearly identical one parked next to it with the same exact clearance tag calling it the last one. I know I should have taken a picture.
Posted By: Mastershake340

Re: Dodge/Ram dealers very limited inventory? - 04/03/21 01:29 PM

Both new and used vehicle inventories are very lean right now everywhere due to chip shortages and other component shortages.
This problem started last year and has been getting worse this year, with little sign of anything getting any better.
I was in the market for a late model used truck, but prices were really high, not far from new. However new inventories were low too.
I finally ended up ordering a new Ram, and it actually sounded like it got built ahead of schedule a couple weeks ago and might get delivered soon, if it wasn’t one of the vehicles they are building and then parking in storage until a missing module or two comes in.
I’m wondering if the dealer will try to talk me out of it when it arrives since they could undoubtedly sell it to someone else for more?
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: Dodge/Ram dealers very limited inventory? - 04/04/21 04:49 PM

Mainly the expensive high end Rams on the lots around here, I ordered mine February 26th ( regular cab / shortbed ) no dealers around here have them so I ordered one. actually the dealer I purchased mine at had two: one 6 cylinder, and one almost identical to the one I bought but it had 3.21 gears and a high tech electronics package I didn't need, turns out it was ordered in then the customer backed out of the sale. Mine is supposedly shipping Thursday April 8th we will see how long it takes to get here. Not too bad as the dealer originally told me 8-12 weeks.

Attached picture 36460047-C974-430D-91FB-90C1488EFAAC.jpeg

Re: Dodge/Ram dealers very limited inventory? - 04/04/21 05:12 PM

I ordered my 2500 a few days before you ordered. They said 10-12 weeks to deliver. I got an email from customer service a few weeks later with my VIN saying expected delivery early May. Then a few days later an email from the salesman saying build scheduled 3-17 with 3 weeks later estimated delivery.
If that’s true it should be here any day now. I wonder why 2 different ETAs from 2 sources, just days apart?
I was looking at trucks on eBay last night and a dealer in NC who lists a lot of Rams had one similar options to mine and the sticker on the door said it was built 3-21, after my SBD and they have it already.
I found a site online to put in my VIN and get my build sheet, and another to get my window sticker. Nothing to track the trucks location though. Would be nice to have a heads up on status so I can get everything lined up and not have to scramble. I’m told ordered vehicles are required to be picked up promptly.

Re: Dodge/Ram dealers very limited inventory? - 04/04/21 09:23 PM

Hey mastershake could you please pm me the website for searching for my truck, ? Thanks... I tried one but the vin # came up invalid. I got the same notice from customer service, I checked in with the dealer last week and they told me ship date 4/8 .... I hear ya, I am trying to time selling my 08 and dropping my trailer at the track for the season. I already have a new tonneau cover and air bags for the new one.

Re: Dodge/Ram dealers very limited inventory? - 04/04/21 09:42 PM

Here is the window sticker site. I had to play with it a bit to make it come up with my window sticker instead of “VIN invalid” as a result.
https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=
Copy that url, and then add your VIN at the end to get it to pull your sticker. It’s like a website for your window sticker, not a website to open and then enter your VIN on the site, if that makes sense.
This site is one you open and then you enter your VIN to get your build sheet. Supposed to be good for VINs back to 1998!
https://fcacommunity.force.com/RAM/s/equipment-listing

Re: Dodge/Ram dealers very limited inventory? - 04/04/21 10:14 PM

Thank you very much I appreciate it
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Dodge/Ram dealers very limited inventory? - 04/04/21 11:48 PM

My dealership was down to one truck last week, and they put their trucks in a different lot across the street so it was VERY noticeable. They got in 6 trucks late last week, but all of them pretty much the top of the line quad cab short box 4x4's. they don't have any idea when they will see more... frown

Re: Dodge/Ram dealers very limited inventory? - 04/05/21 12:40 AM

Usually this is the row of their trucks.....and they usually have 3-4 rows...

Attached picture C5FAFDB0-29B2-44F4-ADD0-279667C17559.jpeg

Re: Dodge/Ram dealers very limited inventory? - 04/05/21 12:41 AM

More of the lot.....almost empty

Attached picture 92665D62-2013-4928-A9F3-0488F97BE4E2.jpeg
Posted By: bee1971

Re: Dodge/Ram dealers very limited inventory? - 04/05/21 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by carcrazyguy
Usually this is the row of their trucks.....and they usually have 3-4 rows...

Three to Four Rows

When did Furniture Row start selling Ram Trucks

Re: Dodge/Ram dealers very limited inventory? - 04/05/21 02:29 AM

Furniture Row definitely has more inventory....lol

Attached picture 7DC0C459-621E-4009-9F49-9EE8707812C1.png

Re: Dodge/Ram dealers very limited inventory? - 04/05/21 02:31 AM

Here is an older satellite view....

Attached picture F7D3FC3E-C3C2-4FE1-B445-DD903B05CCA7.jpeg
Posted By: cspracer

Re: Dodge/Ram dealers very limited inventory? - 04/05/21 12:38 PM

It would not surprise me if the auto makers were not also having issues getting sheet metal. I am trying to buy an enclosed trailer, and every builder told me it would be 12 weeks or more, as they struggle to get metal to build them with. It shows how much of our manufacturing depends on global sourcing. I bought my 2016 Ram pickup two years ago, and it is worth more today than what I paid for it then if you look at what they are bringing at dealerships and on-line. A friend of mine here close to Atlanta has been looking at trucks for a couple of months and is very frustrated with his search. Everything has gone up in price, if you can find it.
Posted By: AeroMonte

Re: Dodge/Ram dealers very limited inventory? - 04/10/21 03:54 PM

Our Chrysler dealers lot is extremely bare right now. Very few new units and just a handful of used stuff. They used to keep about 200 or more units total on the lot. Now maybe 50 to 75. More jeep products then anything else. I would like a new truck but not at the prices they are wanting. I just replaced the cam and other top end components on my 2012 Ram. Much cheaper and still gets the job done.
Posted By: HoosierTA

Re: Dodge/Ram dealers very limited inventory? - 04/10/21 09:37 PM

Just ordered 10 Pursuit Durango from the present inventory. Of course they buy them 100 or more at a time.
Posted By: Neil

Re: Dodge/Ram dealers very limited inventory? - 04/10/21 10:05 PM

Yota dealership here seems to have a decent sized inventory. 297 new units in stock...
Posted By: B3422W5

Re: Dodge/Ram dealers very limited inventory? - 04/11/21 03:34 AM

Microprocessor shortages have curtailed shipments
Posted By: hergfest

Re: Dodge/Ram dealers very limited inventory? - 04/11/21 05:31 AM

Been looking for a 14 or 15 Diesel long bed 2500 and the prices are insane. Found a 14 I really liked, pretty high miles at 89k, Laramie with most of the options, dealer wanted $49k. Are you kidding me? For a 7 year old truck? Local dealers are asking more than new for 17 and 18s. Did they really screw up the 19s and up that bad? I've been reading some stuff about the exploding injector pumps on the 19s and 20s that do about $15k worth of damage when they go out.

Re: Dodge/Ram dealers very limited inventory? - 04/11/21 12:48 PM

Ram went back to the Cp3 pump for 2021.
http://www.trucktrend.com/how-to/engine/what-is-cp4-failure
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: Dodge/Ram dealers very limited inventory? - 04/11/21 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by hergfest
Found a 14 I really liked, pretty high miles at 89k,
IMO this is low mileage compared to most Cummins PUs you see for sale used.
Posted By: ph23vo

Re: Dodge/Ram dealers very limited inventory? - 04/11/21 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by hergfest
Been looking for a 14 or 15 Diesel long bed 2500 and the prices are insane. Found a 14 I really liked, pretty high miles at 89k, Laramie with most of the options, dealer wanted $49k. Are you kidding me? For a 7 year old truck? Local dealers are asking more than new for 17 and 18s. Did they really screw up the 19s and up that bad? I've been reading some stuff about the exploding injector pumps on the 19s and 20s that do about $15k worth of damage when they go out.

i,m waiting till this [censored] chinese virus is over to order my new truck.. no need to be in a hurry as my old one still works fine..
Posted By: RobG

Re: Dodge/Ram dealers very limited inventory? - 04/12/21 05:11 PM

Dealers by me (North of Detroit) have 100s of trucks on the lots.
Posted By: SRT6776

Re: Dodge/Ram dealers very limited inventory? - 04/12/21 05:46 PM

RV sales are up 54%, if you have one and want to sell, now is the time.
Posted By: Faust

Re: Dodge/Ram dealers very limited inventory? - 04/15/21 01:42 AM

I understand the "wait time" for anew Corvette is 18 months. (would if I could)
Posted By: DaveRS23

Re: Dodge/Ram dealers very limited inventory? - 04/15/21 12:35 PM

I am going to list my '18 for sale this week. I bought an '11 yesterday to replace it.
Posted By: DusterKid

Re: Dodge/Ram dealers very limited inventory? - 04/15/21 01:55 PM

I'm not in the market for a new truck, but just browsing local dealerships they only have a handful of 2500 trucks if that. Nothing low end price range either, everything seems to be high end stuff $70K+

Re: Dodge/Ram dealers very limited inventory? - 04/15/21 02:43 PM

At least when I’ve recently checked local dealers 2500 inventories here, they’ve typically had some stripped Tradesmans, and a few loaded Laramies, maybe a Powerwagon or 2. Some of the dealers had no 2500s, or just one.
I don’t think things will be getting any better anytime soon. And prices will likely be going up due to material prices like steel and rubber rising, along with tight supply of vehicles making it unlikely dealers will be motivated to negotiate much, or for the auto makers to be generous with rebates.
I ordered a truck in February and it’s supposedly built and on its way any day now. Ordering was the only way to go for me as I couldn’t find anything close to what I wanted in a Big Horn trim. Even the salesman told me in February to order, as he couldn’t find anything around close to my desired specs.
Posted By: BIGGERED

Re: Dodge/Ram dealers very limited inventory? - 04/15/21 06:52 PM

Spoke to the commercial truck sales guy at my local dealership last week. He mentioned they can not buy any Heavy Duty trucks for the lot.
They can only place Sold Orders. He said it is an issue because Ford and Chevy can not supply HD trucks right now?

Re: Dodge/Ram dealers very limited inventory? - 04/15/21 09:32 PM

I was told by my dealer that my new 21 Ram Classic was shipping April 8th now they are saying April 27th estimated ship date, dealers around here have a few but not as many as a few months ago.

Re: Dodge/Ram dealers very limited inventory? - 04/15/21 09:57 PM

Just got a call from my salesman that my Ram came in today. Ordered 2/24. punkrocka

Re: Dodge/Ram dealers very limited inventory? - 04/15/21 11:54 PM

That’s great !!! I know we both ordered the same time hopefully mines not far behind, Good Luck with it!!!
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Dodge/Ram dealers very limited inventory? - 04/16/21 05:02 AM

I was at my dealer today. They offered to buy out my lease on my Ram because people are walking in and paying silly prices for anything used, and they don't have any used vehicles. New inventory was pretty thin too.

Re: Dodge/Ram dealers very limited inventory? - 04/24/21 04:57 AM

I watched(about 3 weeks ago) a 2008 2500 4 by 4 crew cab hemi at Manheim dealer auction in Pennsylvania( largest in the country)
Pretty nice, 91,000 miles. Typical cloth SLT type package. It had the bolt on fender flares, so very likely there was rust hiding under them.
Still, pretty nice looking truck with good miles for the year.
Wife was at home on her computer bidding on cars on Friday mornings. I give her figures on where to stop at.... on the truck....12k. Figured it was a 14,995 retail piece..trucking, service, etc
Anyhow....
It kicked off at 16k, sold for 21,250.... a gas 2008!!
Might be the craziest thing i have ever seen. 2500’s right bow are doing blood. 70-80 thousand mile 2012’s- 13’s gas motor trucks i have seen bust 30 grand

Saw a really sharp 70 superbee sell there today. Red, white guts, restored, 383, Tag and sheet, no mention if matching numbers... 43,500
Posted By: SRT6776

Re: Dodge/Ram dealers very limited inventory? - 04/24/21 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by B3422W5
I watched(about 3 weeks ago) a 2008 2500 4 by 4 crew cab hemi at Manheim dealer auction in Pennsylvania( largest in the country)
Pretty nice, 91,000 miles. Typical cloth SLT type package. It had the bolt on fender flares, so very likely there was rust hiding under them.
Still, pretty nice looking truck with good miles for the year.
Wife was at home on her computer bidding on cars on Friday mornings. I give her figures on where to stop at.... on the truck....12k. Figured it was a 14,995 retail piece..trucking, service, etc
Anyhow....
It kicked off at 16k, sold for 21,250.... a gas 2008!!
Might be the craziest thing i have ever seen. 2500’s right bow are doing blood. 70-80 thousand mile 2012’s- 13’s gas motor trucks i have seen bust 30 grand

Saw a really sharp 70 superbee sell there today. Red, white guts, restored, 383, Tag and sheet, no mention if matching numbers... 43,500

Covid tax, happening to boats and RV's too. I bought a boat (last one he had in stock) and the motor is back-ordered a month

Re: Dodge/Ram dealers very limited inventory? - 04/24/21 05:39 AM

Used prices are absolutely ridiculous right now! I had looked up KBB values on my 2015 1500 Laramie 4x4 back in about August and it was like 14500. That was with like 88k miles or so. When I sold my wife’s Ram R/T we went shopping for her a new ride. The dealers were offering me “absolutely top dollar” for my truck even though I wasn’t really wanting to trade it in. Finally I gave in and said look it over and let me know what you will give me. They started at 24k. I had a hard time not taking that. I finally let them talk me into trading it in for 27k. That was with 97k miles on it. I figure if it gained that much value in that little of time I better take advantage of it before they get the supply issues worked out.
Posted By: hergfest

Re: Dodge/Ram dealers very limited inventory? - 04/24/21 08:06 AM

I've got a 2007 Ram 2500 early 5.9 diesel Laramie with 155k miles on it. I paid $22,500 about 2.5 years ago and I put 35k miles on it. From what I've seen on craigslist I'm looking at $25k+, maybe close to $30k. I want a 14 and up 2500 and those are $50k plus, at least if I can get good change for my old truck it will take the shock out of the price on the newer one. For example, there was a 06 Laramie 2500 with 166k miles on the local CL for $27,500 and it was gone in a day and a half.

Re: Dodge/Ram dealers very limited inventory? - 04/24/21 12:43 PM

I couldn't get anybody to buy my 08 H.Q.C. with 58,000 miles for $12,500 no wonder the dealer is giving me $10,000 guess he thinks he's going to sell it and make a big profit

Re: Dodge/Ram dealers very limited inventory? - 04/24/21 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by 11secdart
I couldn't get anybody to buy my 08 H.Q.C. with 58,000 miles for $12,500 no wonder the dealer is giving me $10,000 guess he thinks he's going to sell it and make a big profit

I offered you 12 and had to pay to get it from the East coast, and it has a little rust.
Posted By: not_a_charger

Re: Dodge/Ram dealers very limited inventory? - 04/24/21 10:00 PM

Our local Chevy dealer is almost empty. We just drove past a Ford dealer about 15 minutes south of us, and their lot was 1/2 empty. This is a dealer that is part of a family of dealerships that probably has 35+ locations in OH and FL, too.

Re: Dodge/Ram dealers very limited inventory? - 04/25/21 02:08 PM

Yes you did and thanks for that, shortly after that I had to make a repair and out of fear of something else going wrong I wouldn't have felt right selling it to someone on here , a friend or someone on another message board.
Posted By: moparx

Re: Dodge/Ram dealers very limited inventory? - 04/25/21 04:16 PM

the local GM dealer is just across the creek from me. [the previous owner always busted on me because he knew i loved Mopar, and i always had to "look" at his brand every time i went out the back door !]
i just looked, and he has 9 vehicles on the lot ! two trucks of which one is used, and the rest are used sedans and one suv.
beer
© 2024 Moparts Forums