Moparts

Anybody use Hagerty and have a hail claim?

Posted By: Wagonmaster

Anybody use Hagerty and have a hail claim? - 03/17/21 08:36 PM

So, in the past few weeks, we've endured ice, snow, sub zero temperatures and now a squall line which produced enough hail to damage my car. Had it out at a buddy's, discussing all things spring related, when I got caught in a fast moving line. Took out the windshield [cracked almost all the way across and spider webbing], took off some paint from the headlight header, and I can see some dings.
Does Hagerty bow up or are they ok to deal with?. First time claim for weather stuff in my life! This was a one owner car, no dents or dings wearing all but perfect paint when I bought it. Those days are now over...Oklahoma weather defiled it. GRRR!
Posted By: not_a_charger

Re: Anybody use Hagerty and have a hail claim? - 03/17/21 08:46 PM

You were using your car in a manner permitted by the policy, and you got caught in a storm. Nothing wrong with that. Tell them the truth, and you will be fine. They'll work with the shop of your choice to get it repaired.

Re: Anybody use Hagerty and have a hail claim? - 03/17/21 08:50 PM

I appreciate the response. I've never tendered a claim before and I have heard horror stories about insurance companies, so hoping to get sage input.

Re: Anybody use Hagerty and have a hail claim? - 03/17/21 08:51 PM

Collector car policies have a lot of restrictions, but you're the insured, you were driving the vehicle for pleasure use. Nothing to worry about here.

Re: Anybody use Hagerty and have a hail claim? - 03/17/21 08:53 PM

Actually was parked, but still got whacked pretty hard.

Re: Anybody use Hagerty and have a hail claim? - 03/17/21 10:01 PM

RIght, but it's OK that it was parked, because you drove it there to visit. It's not as though it was stored there and left outside.
Posted By: topside

Re: Anybody use Hagerty and have a hail claim? - 03/18/21 01:16 AM

Managed a few shops where we repaired Hagerty-insured vehicles, and they were very easy & pleasant to deal with.
They'll step up, too, if there are rare parts, hidden damage, etc, without a problem.
Changed my toys over to Hagerty as a result.
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Anybody use Hagerty and have a hail claim? - 03/18/21 10:15 AM

From all the posts on here asking about Hagerty I feel most if not all of them have been very positive. Makes me glad I use them.
Posted By: 4406bbl

Re: Anybody use Hagerty and have a hail claim? - 03/18/21 05:42 PM

2 shop's that I deal with say Hagerty is a dream to work with. One car was at a show and was caught in a flash flood, they paid right up to the limit.
Posted By: 56_Royal_Lancer

Re: Anybody use Hagerty and have a hail claim? - 03/18/21 07:28 PM

The magazine put out by Hagerty is really good. Several Mopar stories in the current issue, including a lengthy story on the hemi.
© 2024 Moparts Forums