Moparts

Ebay tracking

Posted By: jcc

Ebay tracking - 03/02/21 06:55 PM

Did Ebay drop the "detailed" online tracking feature lately?

I found it in the past to be useful to be able to watch an item's progress across the country.

Seems now, the only detail they share after receiving item is, "In transit".

Did they figure out a way to monetize this information thru another portal?
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Ebay tracking - 03/02/21 07:16 PM

The last items I bought came thru USPS...Both had tracking.
Posted By: GTSDart340

Re: Ebay tracking - 03/02/21 07:41 PM

eBay isn't the shipper. They sometimes will give shipping details, but it's best to go to the source. Any good seller will give you the tracking number when the item ships. I'm waiting on some R/C parts currently. I got the tracking number from the seller and went straight to USPS.
Posted By: DusterKid

Re: Ebay tracking - 03/02/21 07:51 PM

I still get tracking # thru ebay. Typically sellers ship USPS for the items I buy, and USPS has been dropping the ball on a few packages. Seems Baltimore location is the place were my package like to "rest" for a few weeks at a time. Usually doing a lost package claim makes it magically start to move.
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: Ebay tracking - 03/02/21 08:44 PM

Jcc, as DusterKid writes, the seller has to enter a tracking number by going into his or her "My Ebay" and "Selling". Same place they can "Mark as shipped" etc. I don't sell much on Ebay, but I've found it more difficult lately to navigate my way to the place to enter the tracking number after selling something. I don't know if it's just me, or they have changed something.
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: Ebay tracking - 03/02/21 08:55 PM

No changes here. Still get tracking from place to place until it reaches destination. My USPS packages have been quite steady around here. I am having issues with FedEx being late twice recently.

Re: Ebay tracking - 03/02/21 08:58 PM

I think the sellers may notice some change awhile back in order to enter tracking numbers, and maybe got lazy entering them.

Re: Ebay tracking - 03/03/21 06:37 PM

Sorry total brain fart, it was shipped thru UPS, I have the tracking number, Ebay is a superfluous detail here in this matter. tsk

Posted By: basketcase

Re: Ebay tracking - 03/03/21 07:14 PM

use the USPS or UPS site...always more up to date the E bay link.

Re: Ebay tracking - 03/04/21 03:01 PM

Ever since it has been shipped, only message avaliable in the format below, it stated "In Transit"

This morning it changed to "Out for Delivery"

In the past, you could watch its movements thru I suppose various UPS depots across the country, that feature seems to be no longer available, and hence my question to see if there was another trick to seeing that daily shipping progress, or what I would call "tracking". biggrin

Out for Delivery 03/04/2021 7:09 A.M. Fort Myers, FL, United States
Past Event Shipped 02/26/2021 7:27 P.M. Newbury Park, CA, United States
Past Event Label Created 02/26/2021 5:26 P.M. United States
Posted By: BloFish

Re: Ebay tracking - 03/05/21 06:30 PM

rant

Attached picture E13B8156-496B-40D7-801F-70E7BA6A8418.png

Re: Ebay tracking - 03/05/21 08:06 PM

So are we to assume, USPS will soon follow UPS's reduction of service model to cut costs and also cut out real "tracking"? eyes
Posted By: Mr PotatoHead

Re: Ebay tracking - 03/05/21 08:20 PM

I dont think its a reduction, I think its just your package was not scanned like it should of been.

From time to time I get zero tracking and some times it says its 500 miles away but ends up at my door that day.

I always screen shot progress as after its delivered they like to clean up there tracking screen.

I used to get upset and anxious but now im just like when it gets here it gets here but they always seen to want to mess up the 50 year old part vs a replaceable item.

Re: Ebay tracking - 03/06/21 12:11 PM

Except for me, this has been the results for the last few UPS shipments around the country lately, not the odd occurrence. and hence my original question.
Posted By: 6PakBee

Re: Ebay tracking - 03/06/21 02:04 PM

I've noticed the same think about tracking. The notifications used to be of the form (and I'm paraphrasing, I can't recall the exact language) "Your package has been accepted" to "Your package is in transit to the next facility", to "Your package has been received at the xxx facility" followed by "Your package is in transit to the next facility" to "Your package is out for delivery" to "Your package has been delivered. Each transfer between centers was noted. Now it's more like "Your package has been accepted", "Your package is in transit", "Your package has been delivered" regardless of how many transfers occurred or where it is exactly. My personal thought, at least with USPS, is that with the more detailed tracking people could see a package was in USPS purgatory for days (or weeks) at a center. Solution? Make sure the tracking is so brief the customer can't see this.

Re: Ebay tracking - 03/07/21 12:12 AM

Are you all speaking of experiences with or without a UPS account? Does it make a difference?
Posted By: TJP

Re: Ebay tracking - 03/07/21 01:32 AM

I've experienced a few bumps since the covid thing. It got pretty bad through the holidays with ALL of the carriers. I do receive package on almost a daily basis and things seem back to normal now. twocents
© 2024 Moparts Forums