Moparts

Over 440,000 Cooper built tires being recalled

Posted By: DaveRS23

Over 440,000 Cooper built tires being recalled - 03/02/21 02:07 PM

Seems the sidewalls can fail.

www.yahoo.com/news/tires-among-440-...xiXhENkE84ZFAywFiNpYBcl2W6ZlFiN6CApNPt-G
Posted By: poorboy

Re: Over 440,000 Cooper built tires being recalled - 03/03/21 02:06 AM

Sounds like Cooper tires fit right in with Goodyear tires already. Apparently, the workers at Cooper got a head start on the company ownership change of hands.

The first set of tires I ever bought new were a set of Cooper tires, way back 40+ years ago. Within a month of having put those new Cooper tires on my car, I blew two of them out withing a week of each other. Cooper did replace the defective tires without question, I didn't keep the car long enough to know how the rest of the tires held up. Haven't bought Cooper tires since... Gene
Posted By: fc7_plumcrazy

Re: Over 440,000 Cooper built tires being recalled - 03/03/21 06:37 PM

at least the comon cooper cobras are not on the recall list

Carsten
Posted By: Fat_Mike

Re: Over 440,000 Cooper built tires being recalled - 03/03/21 09:35 PM

"The problem, according to the NHTSA: “A sidewall failure may cause the tire to rapidly deflate, increasing the risk of a crash.”

Nice verbiage.
Posted By: poorboy

Re: Over 440,000 Cooper built tires being recalled - 03/04/21 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by Fat_Mike
"The problem, according to the NHTSA: “A sidewall failure may cause the tire to rapidly deflate, increasing the risk of a crash.”

Nice verbiage.

That was my experience with the Cooper tires I had all those years ago. I was driving down the highway with all 4 tires full of air, then the next second, a loud bang and one of them didn't have any air in it at all. Rapid deflate! It was an equally fast learning experience for this 17 year old kid whom was probably traveling well over the then 65 mph speed limit. I'm happy to report nothing more then the tire got damaged. When that 2nd tire blew out the next week, I was well experienced on how to handle the situation. Gene
Posted By: Sunroofcuda

Re: Over 440,000 Cooper built tires being recalled - 03/04/21 03:56 AM

In aircraft terms - more like power decompression!
© 2024 Moparts Forums