Moparts

Need help on getting the free ad blocker: Update !

Posted By: Cab_Burge

Need help on getting the free ad blocker: Update ! - 02/24/21 04:17 AM

I deleted Microsoft Edge from my desk top computer tonight and it must of deleted the Ad Blocker I had downloaded and install from here, I need help on getting it back help
Thanks in advance for your help thumbs
See my last post on the bottom on finally getting Ad Blocker Plus added onto my computer boogie
Posted By: John Brown

Re: Need help on getting the free ad blocker that works on this - 02/24/21 06:10 AM

uBlock Origin works quite well, along with Ghostery.
Posted By: Hemi_Joel

Re: Need help on getting the free ad blocker that works on this - 02/24/21 06:22 AM

Cab, if you use the browser brave, it does all the ad blocking automatically. It is just as easy as browsing in explorer or Chrome. It has a lot better privacy without tracking

https://brave.com
Posted By: Stanton

Re: Need help on getting the free ad blocker that works on this - 02/24/21 01:42 PM

"Adblocker Plus"

Re: Need help on getting the free ad blocker that works on this - 02/24/21 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Stanton
"Adblocker Plus"

I used the link on here to that and it worked fine, I tried finding on here and couldn't help
I also tried finding it on my desktop with the search function and had no success with that either whiney
My computer skills are not as good as some of you on here blush
I really miss not having to X out all the info link adds on every page change help
Thanks in advance again for your help bow
Posted By: 3hundred

Re: Need help on getting the free ad blocker that works on this - 02/24/21 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
Originally Posted by Stanton
"Adblocker Plus"

I used the link on here to that and it worked fine, I tried finding on here and couldn't help
I also tried finding it on my desktop with the search function and had no success with that either whiney
My computer skills are not as good as some of you on here blush
I really miss not having to X out all the info link adds on every page change help
Thanks in advance again for your help bow

Just go here:

https://adblockplus.org/
Posted By: Dcuda69

Re: Need help on getting the free ad blocker that works on this - 02/24/21 09:23 PM

I run Chrome and just look under extension right in the browser. Works great!
Posted By: 1972CudaV21

Re: Need help on getting the free ad blocker that works on this - 02/25/21 02:48 AM

I use the App, “AdGuard” with the Safari browser and it blocks all Infolinks Ads on here👍 It also allows me to watch YouTube with no ads (even official YT movies)...👏

Re: Need help on getting the free ad blocker that works on this - 02/25/21 06:15 AM

I am not registered or use anything from the Google store and google won't allow me to register to get the free Ad Block service now for my desk top computer. whiney help

Re: Need help on getting the free ad blocker that works on this - 02/25/21 07:04 PM

I did get the Ad Blocker+ to load yesterday and it is working great up
THANKS for the help bow
Posted By: Dcuda69

Re: Need help on getting the free ad blocker that works on this - 02/26/21 02:38 AM

THANKS for the help bow

Great to hear!! What browser are you using it with??

Re: Need help on getting the free ad blocker that works on this - 02/26/21 03:00 AM

Still have the Microsoft Edge showing today even after deleting it two nights ago, I guess I'm going to have take some upset actions with Microsoft support to get them to stop loading that unwanted crap on my desk top without my permission. Can you say large poop bomb delivered directly to them whistling devil Don't I wish grin stirthepot
Posted By: A990

Re: Need help on getting the free ad blocker that works on this - 02/26/21 03:38 AM

Your system is allowing automatic updates. Find the settings, and make them manual so YOU can see what the hell they are trying to do.
This is how so many people received W10, the bastiges had it under optional update by default.
This screengrab is W7, yours may look different though.

Attached picture WUD.JPG
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: Need help on getting the free ad blocker that works on this - 02/26/21 03:48 AM

THANKS for the help bow

Same here.

I used it months ago and then stopped working.

Sounded like I needed to delete it and download it again
Posted By: Sinitro

Re: Need help on getting the free ad blocker that works on this - 02/26/21 08:46 PM

Ad blockers typically need updating every week or so...
This is normal and due to the point they are adjusting their respective content filters...

Just my $0.02... wink
Posted By: W.I.N. Racing

Re: Need help on getting the free ad blocker that works on this - 02/27/21 01:34 AM

I use AdBlock Plus without any issues...set it and forget it. twocents
© 2024 Moparts Forums