Moparts

Anyone open a Paypal account recently?

Posted By: formula_s

Anyone open a Paypal account recently? - 02/22/21 06:22 PM

Opened an account about 2 weeks ago and the buyer sent payment , there is about 400 sitting in my account and to release it to my linked bank account they want me to send an image of my DRIVERS LICENSE!!! with all the info on it including my address and DOB. What do you think??
Posted By: 3hundred

Re: Anyone open a Paypal account recently? - 02/22/21 06:39 PM

Check the link

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5...erned-about-giving-out-info/td-p/485764#

Send a thank you note to congress. While you're at it, ask them why they aren't passing severe identity theft penalties. Ten years should be a MINIMUM. Making big rocks into little ones...
Posted By: jcc

Re: Anyone open a Paypal account recently? - 02/22/21 06:47 PM

Start here for my opinion:

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/2794127/re-ebay-paypal.html#Post2794127
Posted By: Mr PotatoHead

Re: Anyone open a Paypal account recently? - 02/22/21 06:58 PM

Ebays going off the deep end, as soon as I get forced into there managed payment system im done.

I think all these new rules and money holds is Ebay is seeing there no questions ask return deal for 180 days is biting them in the butt.
Posted By: topside

Re: Anyone open a Paypal account recently? - 02/22/21 07:36 PM

I've had a PP account for years and haven't had the OP's problem. Yet.
I typically don't keep much $ there, I have trust issues with that.
The several scam/phishing emails I get using their logo & such haven't helped.

As for Ebay's money-kiting scheme, that's already in force; I needed to give them bank acct info to re-list some stuff.
Posted By: Mr PotatoHead

Re: Anyone open a Paypal account recently? - 02/22/21 08:23 PM

Most are in it, I am not yet for some reason.

I dont sell much but have never had a issue and maybe like 16 years in, never had to send Id but id bet if i started selling different stuff out of my norm I would.
© 2024 Moparts Forums