Moparts

InfoStinks VERY Aggressive Today!

Posted By: Sunroofcuda

InfoStinks VERY Aggressive Today! - 02/10/21 02:34 PM

And I have AdBlock Plus. Just logged on & InfoStinks kept punching through every time I clicked on a thread - 5 times. Wow - what a useful popup it is! I've used it..................NEVER!

I guess the creators of it will get more & more relentless & innovative until people just say F-it & start using it!
Posted By: MarkZ

Re: InfoStinks VERY Aggressive Today! - 02/10/21 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Sunroofcuda
And I have AdBlock Plus. Just logged on & InfoStinks kept punching through every time I clicked on a thread - 5 times. Wow - what a useful popup it is! I've used it..................NEVER!

I guess the creators of it will get more & more relentless & innovative until people just say F-it & start using it!

I can't speak to why Moparts felt the need to incorporate this into their website, but you just need to change out your ad blocker. AdBlock Plus is ineffective and even allows for some entities to bypass the filtering by paying AdBlock Plus off. Uninstall it and replace it with uBlock Origin.
Posted By: fast68plymouth

Re: InfoStinks VERY Aggressive Today! - 02/10/21 03:31 PM

I don’t know if it’s related or not, but for the last week or so, the first attempt I make to reply to a thread is so slow in responding to typing commands it’s unusable.
Page back, hit reply again..... and it seems to work as usual.

I haven’t noticed this kind of behavior on any other site.
Posted By: BloFish

Re: InfoStinks VERY Aggressive Today! - 02/10/21 03:51 PM

Try reloading AdBlocker Plus.
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: InfoStinks VERY Aggressive Today! - 02/10/21 03:55 PM

Funny, sometimes my ad blockers filter everything out, sometimes most, sometimes a little and sometimes not at all. Today it is blocking everything.

When not filtering anything the site is almost unusable as everything keeps jumping around and it trying to open a messages is like playing whack a mole.

I could be wrong as I have no empirical evidence but I think traffic on this site is down and this is why.
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: InfoStinks VERY Aggressive Today! - 02/10/21 04:13 PM

Since Tom removed the purple ads I haven`t have any more issues. I use Adblock plus.
Posted By: buildanother

Re: InfoStinks VERY Aggressive Today! - 02/10/21 04:15 PM

It's a VERY valid reason for traffic to be down around here....
Posted By: GY3

Re: InfoStinks VERY Aggressive Today! - 02/10/21 04:49 PM

It makes my phone freak out while it "populates" the ad and some of them won't let you click the X to close the window. Window is HUGE on a mobile device.
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: InfoStinks VERY Aggressive Today! - 02/10/21 05:04 PM

It's freaking ridiculous.
Posted By: moparx

Re: InfoStinks VERY Aggressive Today! - 02/10/21 06:26 PM

i use addblock, and have never had problems. however, i only have a desk top unit.
so shruggy
beer
Posted By: VITC_GTX

Re: InfoStinks VERY Aggressive Today! - 02/10/21 08:34 PM

I use a computer only (no phone) and my beef isn't the infolinks at the bottom (though I don't like them) it's the ads at the top of the screen. They open after the entire rest of the page opens and then forces the page to scroll down half a page or so. Problem is I've already clicked on one of the threads but it doesn't recognize that I click until the ad opens up and then, of course, I dont' get the thread I get the ad.

I understand I don't own this site and I'm sure it taken a lot of time and money for Tom to manage it over the many years so I've never complained about it how he has done it. It is a shame that it has changed so much though because I do believe many have either left or greatly reduced how much they use the website now.
Posted By: Hemi_Joel

Re: InfoStinks VERY Aggressive Today! - 02/10/21 11:34 PM

Using the Brave browser instead of IE or Chrome totally eliminates infostinks.
Posted By: VL21

Re: InfoStinks VERY Aggressive Today! - 02/11/21 12:29 AM

I must be in a tiny minority here, I use Firefox and Adblockplus, and have yet to see any infolinks crap.

Of course, I only use a home computer ...
Posted By: Sunroofcuda

Re: InfoStinks VERY Aggressive Today! - 02/11/21 03:34 AM

Mine is a home desktop as well, & I use FireFox. Tom coached me years ago on using FireFox. No popups tonight so far.
Posted By: Jer

Re: InfoStinks VERY Aggressive Today! - 02/11/21 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by VL21

I must be in a tiny minority here, I use Firefox and Adblockplus, and have yet to see any infolinks crap.

Same here.... never seen them. No issues with this site in any way.
Posted By: Twostick

Re: InfoStinks VERY Aggressive Today! - 02/11/21 05:40 AM

No problem with my laptop, Chrome with Adblock Plus.

My phone was another matter altogether. Went to Ghostery which was good for a while but Infolinks managed to figure out how to get through and it became unusable.
Currently running Firefox with uBlock Origin and no more Infolinks.

Kevin
Posted By: justinp61

Re: InfoStinks VERY Aggressive Today! - 02/11/21 02:25 PM

Adblock plus works great using Edge but is useless with Explorer. When using my fire tablet when infojunk pops up I can open it and "opt out" and it doesn't try to open for a few days. In Explorer when I open infojunk there is no option to "opt out".

The traffic is up on other Mopar sites because of infojunk.
Posted By: Dcuda69

Re: InfoStinks VERY Aggressive Today! - 02/11/21 02:40 PM

Chrome,Ad Block Plus and Linux here...zero ads...on any site!
Posted By: moparx

Re: InfoStinks VERY Aggressive Today! - 02/11/21 07:26 PM

my exact setup as above.
beer
Posted By: GTSDart340

Re: InfoStinks VERY Aggressive Today! - 02/11/21 08:42 PM

Using adblock browser on my Android phone. No problems here!
Posted By: jughed

Re: InfoStinks VERY Aggressive Today! - 02/12/21 02:58 AM

Adblockplus works perfect....ZERO ads on any website when using my home computer.
It doesn't work w. Firefox on my Hemmo-droid phone.. which I no longer use to surf this website.

On a particular Smith & Wesson website they started running popup ads...and they deleted any comments suggesting the use of an ad blocker, and they issued 'infractions'. I stopped donating to that site once they pulled that cr@p.
Posted By: SuperRob

Re: InfoStinks VERY Aggressive Today! - 02/12/21 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by VITC_GTX
I use a computer only (no phone) and my beef isn't the infolinks at the bottom (though I don't like them) it's the ads at the top of the screen. They open after the entire rest of the page opens and then forces the page to scroll down half a page or so. Problem is I've already clicked on one of the threads but it doesn't recognize that I click until the ad opens up and then, of course, I dont' get the thread I get the ad.

Hahaha, I have the same problem here... I've got myself in the habit to wait a few seconds before I click on any of the threads to be sure that the page don't scrolls down unexpected. It's ridiculous.
Unfortunaly I don't have the possibility to install adblocker or something like that at my office.
Posted By: dOrk !

Re: InfoStinks VERY Aggressive Today! - 02/14/21 02:41 AM

Originally Posted by moparx
i use addblock, and have never had problems. however, i only have a desk top unit.
so shruggy
beer

mopX has a sEcReT that he is not revealing tsk

His infoStinks eliminator is TWO CANS AND A LONG LENGTH of specially treated string up

.... from the telephone pole and his windows2 1989 desk top with a up to date PONG vid game !
© 2024 Moparts Forums