Moparts

The New FCA

Posted By: oldjonny

The New FCA - 01/16/21 12:21 PM

Well, its official. All of the Mopar many that just hate "foreign" cars can now drive their Peugeot Hellcat. Wonder if they will adopt some of the looks of the ever popular Peugeot? Sergio was one slick weasel.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/fiat-chrysler-psa-group-merge-to-create-new-auto-making-behemoth
Posted By: SRT6776

Re: The New FCA - 01/16/21 01:46 PM

I just hope they let the guy hat did this help with the new challenger

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Mr PotatoHead

Re: The New FCA - 01/16/21 03:20 PM

So the new challenger is going to look toyotaish?
Posted By: theraif

Re: The New FCA - 01/16/21 08:16 PM

well i dont know , if i could get something close to this grin drive
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: The New FCA - 01/16/21 08:26 PM

I still think it could be a good thing. I think it's the CAFE standards we (or at least me, the V8 lover) has to worry about. I realize the same power can be made from electric/turbo'd whatever 4's and 6's but nothing sounds like a v8! So if they would still keep the Charger/Challenger and trucks with a v8 option I'll be happy! The platforms sharing should be a good thing.
Posted By: 6bblgt

Re: The New FCA - 01/16/21 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Potatohead

or Toyota used some styling cues from Peugeot - here's a '68 504 scope which came first ....... ?

Attached picture 1968 peugeot_504_2.jpg
Posted By: 5thAve

Re: The New FCA - 01/16/21 09:20 PM

I'm staying on the fence until we see what really happens.

On the plus side from that article Tavares sounds similar to Sergio Marchionne and it's been said before that it was the way he ran things that let so many of the good things happen.
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: The New FCA - 01/16/21 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by 6bblgt
Originally Posted by Mr Potatohead

or Toyota used some styling cues from Peugeot - here's a '68 504 scope which came first ....... ?
There's some BMW styling cues in there, no?
Posted By: resqguy

Re: The New FCA - 01/17/21 01:21 AM

With the success of the Challenger, they would be nuts to "improve" the design. By that I mean make it look like a toy. With the greens in charge it maybe government rules that do the damage.
Posted By: RobG

Re: The New FCA - 01/17/21 03:05 AM

Mike Manly received 5x his salary to "finalize" the buyout. MID LEVEL MANgers are not getting significant raises and the open reqs for staffing are not being filled. My buddies team has 5 guys working and 7 spots they need to fill. He is working 65 hour weeks with no OT.

Re: The New FCA - 01/17/21 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by resqguy
With the success of the Challenger, they would be nuts to "improve" the design. By that I mean make it look like a toy. With the greens in charge it maybe government rules that do the damage.

They could definitely make it look more like a 70/71 challenger with a more suitable platform. Lower, wider, sharper design.
Posted By: 360view

Re: The New FCA - 01/17/21 04:40 PM

It would not surprise me if they try to create a still bigger merger, perhaps with a Chinese automaker.

It would not surprise me if the Agnelli heirs begin selling off their shares and diversify their holdings even more.
Posted By: Mastershake340

Re: The New FCA - 01/17/21 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by 360view
It would not surprise me if they try to create a still bigger merger, perhaps with a Chinese automaker.

It would not surprise me if the Agnelli heirs begin selling off their shares and diversify their holdings even more.

no
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/com...ith-chinese-firms/ar-BB1cOO8K?li=BBnbfcN

Re: The New FCA - 01/18/21 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by Mastershake340
Originally Posted by 360view

no
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/com...ith-chinese-firms/ar-BB1cOO8K?li=BBnbfcN

They dont want to merge with anything chinese, they want to merge with an established and un-attached car maker
© 2024 Moparts Forums