Moparts

Bullets shot up DO come down

Posted By: 71TA

Bullets shot up DO come down - 01/14/21 05:59 PM

Daughter and LEO son-in-law live on the border of Detroit - about 200ft away. (I live about a mile deeper into the neighborhood) On New Years eve it sounded like a war in Detroit. Non stop gun shots (we know what semi automatic gun shots sound like as opposed to firecrackers - trust me) for hours. The gun shots rang out like we've never heard before and we've lived here for about 25 years. My daughter texts this picture today of her neighbors Jeep door beltline. She said "you always said the bullets shot in Detroit have to come down somewhere"

Time to move. OUT. I always wondered why people lived in "the sticks". NOW I KNOW WHY smile

Attached picture bullet.jpg
Posted By: bigdad

Re: Bullets shot up DO come down - 01/14/21 06:14 PM

They kill at least 1-5 year in South Dallas every year this way , really dumb

Posted By: SNK-EYZ

Re: Bullets shot up DO come down - 01/14/21 06:30 PM

We're rural and on New Years Eve you can always hear some fool shooting off guns at midnight. realcrazy

At least they're less likely to hit someone or something out here.

It's always been a stupid idea to fire off a gun then.
Fireworks are one thing, something that shoots a projectile (bullet) is a very stupid idea.
The bullet is coming down somewhere when you point the gun up to fire it.
Posted By: topside

Re: Bullets shot up DO come down - 01/14/21 06:43 PM

True story:
Driving down the 880 (aka 17) freeway through Oakland in the '90s, I hear something hit the windshield.
Looking down at the wipers, a bullet is visible sitting on the driver's side wiper blade.
Unfortunately it rolled off, or I'd have saved it for my trophy case.
Posted By: stumpy

Re: Bullets shot up DO come down - 01/14/21 08:46 PM

If you have to be stupid and shoot why not into the ground?
Posted By: 3hundred

Re: Bullets shot up DO come down - 01/14/21 09:03 PM

gas lines?
Posted By: Mr PotatoHead

Re: Bullets shot up DO come down - 01/14/21 09:19 PM

I always wondered why people lived in "the sticks".

Bigger bullets that go further, just fewer. Some places in the sticks sound like a war zone on the weekends, not around me but some its mostly auto fire.

What can ya do?
Posted By: GY3

Re: Bullets shot up DO come down - 01/14/21 10:22 PM

Our city has installed microphones in certain areas of the city that can specifically pick up gunfire and pinpoint the origin.
Posted By: Stanton

Re: Bullets shot up DO come down - 01/15/21 12:02 AM

I love living in a free country where I don't have to worry abot that sh!t !!

Re: Bullets shot up DO come down - 01/15/21 12:30 AM

rolleyes
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Bullets shot up DO come down - 01/15/21 01:37 AM

Couple years after I bought my house it developed a roof leak after New Year's. Got a roofer to check it and there was a bullet hole. It has been pretty quiet for the last few years, but this year it sounded like a war zone again.
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Bullets shot up DO come down - 01/15/21 02:10 AM

Originally Posted by Stanton
I love living in a free country where I don't have to worry abot that sh!t !!

Right, right.
Posted By: cudatom

Re: Bullets shot up DO come down - 01/15/21 02:32 AM

Whenever I worked in Chicago inspecting roofs after wind and hail storms I always found a large number of bullets. Of all the cities I worked Chicago was the only place I found bullets stuck in roofs.
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Bullets shot up DO come down - 01/15/21 02:50 AM

A neighbor around the corner was killed that way. He was from south of the border and they have a ritual that includes shooting guns in the air at New Years eve. He found out the hard way that they do come down, went right through his hat and skull... pity
Posted By: 63CandyMatic

Re: Bullets shot up DO come down - 01/15/21 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by slantzilla
Couple years after I bought my house it developed a roof leak after New Year's. Got a roofer to check it and there was a bullet hole. It has been pretty quiet for the last few years, but this year it sounded like a war zone again.

I came on to share a story just like this.

A guy I know who operated a small roofing company bid and won a large job in Detroit doing roofs on a bunch of apartments/housing complexes. took him most of the summer to do the work.

When they were doing the tear offs, they noticed bullets stuck in the roofs on several of the buildings that they did. Some had several bullets in them.

He said it was scary working over there to say the least.
Posted By: Dabee

Re: Bullets shot up DO come down - 01/15/21 04:39 AM

My father In-law always fired his gun at midnight on New Years. My wife always called her parents at midnight to wish them Happy New Year. One year in the early 70s she couldn’t get through to them at midnight or the next day. He hit the phone wire between the pole and the house.
Posted By: ek3

Re: Bullets shot up DO come down - 01/15/21 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by 63CandyMatic
Originally Posted by slantzilla

I came on to share a story just like this.

A guy I know who operated a small roofing company bid and won a large job in Detroit doing roofs on a bunch of apartments/housing complexes. took him most of the summer to do the work.

When they were doing the tear offs, they noticed bullets stuck in the roofs on several of the buildings that they did. Some had several bullets in them.

He said it was scary working over there to say the least.
a friend had the same problem here in myrtle beach sc. it turned out the industrial park 1/4 mile away was full of strip clubs ! a lot of late night fools drunk and shooting in the air...often!
Posted By: fastmark

Re: Bullets shot up DO come down - 01/15/21 11:47 AM

I found a 38 slug in a roof on a rental unit. There are idiots who don’t care living all over the world. The problem is pretty simple, really. Man cares only about himself.
Posted By: DusterKid

Re: Bullets shot up DO come down - 01/15/21 12:16 PM

I never understood why everyone wants to shoot at new years. 1 its a waste of ammo, 2 its not that safe and 3 a lot of people are usually boozed up so it's even dumber. If you do shoot, at least shoot a shotgun, shooting single projectile in the air is just STUPID and irresponsible. I didn't hear that much shooting this year but I live in a pretty rural area. With as hard as it is to find ammo these days and the price of it, I surely wouldn't be wasting bullets shooting just for the heck of it.
Posted By: RobG

Re: Bullets shot up DO come down - 01/15/21 04:08 PM

When I was in collage, I would worked doing industrial roofing jobs in the summer. Many of these jobs were in and around Detroit. You would not believe the large caliber rounds we found on the roofs of these buildings. Some were military size - nobody is hunting deer in Detroit.
Posted By: wingman

Re: Bullets shot up DO come down - 01/15/21 05:54 PM

Considering the widespread ammo shortage right now those idiots are pissing away a valuable commodity.

Ammo is the new toilet paper.

Re: Bullets shot up DO come down - 01/15/21 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by wingman
Considering the widespread ammo shortage right now those idiots are pissing away a valuable commodity.

Pretty soon ammo will be the new CURRENCY!
Posted By: migsBIG

Re: Bullets shot up DO come down - 01/15/21 07:47 PM

Why don't people fire blanks instead? shruggy
Posted By: Pacnorthcuda

Re: Bullets shot up DO come down - 01/15/21 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by migsBIG

1) Because the average person doesn’t have blanks
2) Because they don’t sound the same.
Posted By: Sniper

Re: Bullets shot up DO come down - 01/15/21 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by migsBIG

People like that should be shooting blanks and I ain't talking things that go boom.
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: Bullets shot up DO come down - 01/15/21 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by wingman

Not kidding there.

IF you find popular handgun ammo or 223 rounds you will pay up considerably over prices same time last year. And thats IF you find it
© 2024 Moparts Forums