Moparts

Detroit's 2021 North American International Auto Show

Posted By: RobG

Detroit's 2021 North American International Auto Show - 01/12/21 01:26 PM

https://motorbella.com/

Covid has cancelled another event in SEPTEMBER. There is more to the story here. Auto manufacturers are revealing more vehicles online and saving $$ Millions $$ by not attending these types of shows. OEMs have found a way to promote the new models in a manner that make the "event" all their own. Their podcast shows get more global reach for a fraction of the cost.

Moving to this Motor Bella event at the M1 Concourse race track is the auto executives way of having a garage party - most of these guys have a track-side garage here and it may be a way to add another entertainment write-off for their $80,000+ toy garage.
Posted By: MI_Custumz

Re: Detroit's 2021 North American International Auto Show - 01/13/21 10:51 AM

The week after Woodward Dream Cruise. Well played.....
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: Detroit's 2021 North American International Auto Show - 01/13/21 02:32 PM

We aren't supposed to notice such things. Good catch.
Posted By: ChallengerTA

Re: Detroit's 2021 North American International Auto Show - 01/19/21 03:50 AM

I know a few people that have garages at M1 and your talking 1 Million plus costs. The smallest garage (18x38) is $165k bare walls. When you add the upper floor, bathroom and some furniture your at $250k minimum.
Posted By: migsBIG

Re: Detroit's 2021 North American International Auto Show - 01/19/21 09:50 AM

It would be cheaper to buy a house, gut it and put your cars inside it for that cost, and you still own the property. That's just me, don't have crazy money to burn, so I think of a cheaper way. Though that race complex is awesome, it would be my vacation home to live there.
© 2024 Moparts Forums