Moparts

Selling non mopar parts... Questions

Posted By: IMGTX

Selling non mopar parts... Questions - 01/08/21 02:54 PM

This isn't a for sale ad so I won't list what I have but when cleaning my garage I found a stash of Corvair parts left by a friend when he passed about 11 years ago.

His son doesn't want them so I was going to sell them and give them to his grandson, my nephew.

I don't sell much online and have had no luck with craiglist.

What works best for selling stuff for you?
Posted By: GY3

Re: Selling non mopar parts... Questions - 01/08/21 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by IMGTX
This isn't a for sale ad so I won't list what I have but when cleaning my garage I found a stash of Corvair parts left by a friend when he passed about 11 years ago.

His son doesn't want them so I was going to sell them and give them to his grandson, my nephew.

I don't sell much online and have had no luck with craiglist.

What works best for selling stuff for you?

Facebook Marketplace and Facebook make/model specific groups.
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: Selling non mopar parts... Questions - 01/08/21 03:18 PM

I would list it on a Corvair forum. Some of the people would probably love to get that stuff.
Posted By: 5thAve

Re: Selling non mopar parts... Questions - 01/08/21 04:30 PM

If craigslist doesn't work your only other options are facebook a forum or ebay.

To me it would be a bit of a tough one because for me I'm not on facebook and never sold on ebay (plus from what I've heard it's more headaches then ever now) and forums can be tough to try to sell something if you are a new member with no posts.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Selling non mopar parts... Questions - 01/08/21 04:34 PM

Unfortunately facebook is THE place these days.
Posted By: Jer

Re: Selling non mopar parts... Questions - 01/08/21 04:54 PM

FB Marketplace is good-ish, and I've sold a lot of Corvair parts on FeeBag. A loyal crowd, but not a big $ crowd. Speed parts and good bucket seats are the big-ticket items, as are options.

If you could find a local Corvair guy and sell the entire lot to him, you'd be far ahead. If you have to join a fb group, one guy with a truck and willing to drive to you is the best way to go.
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: Selling non mopar parts... Questions - 01/08/21 09:38 PM

This one seems to be pretty active http://corvaircenter.com/phorum/list.php?1
Posted By: Mr T2U

Re: Selling non mopar parts... Questions - 01/08/21 10:55 PM

as others have posted a corvair forum would be a good place to start.

shipping the parts will be required for timely sales or plan on selling everything for $0.01 on the $1.00 or more of actual values.
i have been throwing a large amount of mopar parts away. buyers think you are amazon and can sell a $2 and ship it for free.
Posted By: Powerflow

Re: Selling non mopar parts... Questions - 01/08/21 11:05 PM

I've done OK selling stuff on forums with the added advantage of no eBay commissions to pay. The forums on the Antique Automobile Club of America (aaca.org) are pretty active. You'd probably find some takers there. A postal scale comes in handy so you don't end-up undercharging for shipping. I'd also recommend making sure you have appropriate-sized boxes to ship with before placing your ad.
Posted By: IMGTX

Re: Selling non mopar parts... Questions - 01/09/21 08:48 PM

Thank you all for the suggestions.

I will hopefully get these parts to somebody who can use them.

up
© 2024 Moparts Forums