Moparts

2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L revealed

Posted By: KISSAlien

2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L revealed - 01/07/21 01:24 PM

https://www.autoblog.com/2021/01/07/2021-jeep-grand-cherokee-l-three-row-reveal/#slide-2287769

Attached picture JP021_154GC.jpg
Attached picture JP021_079GC.jpg
Posted By: Pacnorthcuda

Re: 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L revealed - 01/07/21 01:31 PM

Boring.
Posted By: DirectSubjection

Re: 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L revealed - 01/07/21 02:03 PM

I like it, plays off the new Wagoneer styling
Posted By: Grizzly

Re: 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L revealed - 01/07/21 04:28 PM

Right on, another dull unit to look out for on the highway that resembles a Dump Truck from the '70's.

McIntosh sound system and future hybrid is about the only thing to get excited about here.
Posted By: stumpy

Re: 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L revealed - 01/07/21 05:14 PM

Took away the one reason for buying a GC over a Durango. One of the best features of the GC was the fact it only had two row seating.
Posted By: KISSAlien

Re: 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L revealed - 01/07/21 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by stumpy
Took away the one reason for buying a GC over a Durango. One of the best features of the GC was the fact it only had two row seating.

This is the "L" version. The smaller version 2-row will be released after the 3-row,
Posted By: SRT6776

Re: 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L revealed - 01/07/21 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by KISSAlien

This is the "L" version. The smaller version 2-row will be released after the 3-row,

The fact this isn't being shown alongside a new durango (same platform, built in same factory) is disturbing and doesn't bode well for Dodge as a brand long term. Its essentially the durangos replacement.
Posted By: moparjim79

Re: 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L revealed - 01/08/21 01:16 AM

Not a grand cherokee. It looks like designers said " hey, wonder what it would look like if we put Billybob Thortons' sling blade face on a Durango?"

Good Lord no thanks MMMMMHMM
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L revealed - 01/08/21 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by SRT6776
Originally Posted by KISSAlien

The fact this isn't being shown alongside a new durango (same platform, built in same factory) is disturbing and doesn't bode well for Dodge as a brand long term. Its essentially the durangos replacement.

They already unveiled the freshened up 2021 Durango a few months back when they announced the hellcat package. They changed the nose up some, redid the interior, raised the speed limit on the R/Ts to 145 and added an E torque option I think. They did a decent job of propping up an aging platform. My wife drives an 18 R/T and we love it.
Posted By: SportFuryS/23383

Re: 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L revealed - 01/10/21 09:09 PM

We were just talking about this on the ForCBodiesOnly (FCBO) forum. I personally think that it looks like it got in an accident already without getting into one. It does look better than the Wagoneer though, with that thing you might as well drive an Escalade. Just my twocents
Posted By: Sunroofcuda

Re: 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L revealed - 01/10/21 09:24 PM

Hmmm - they were able to blend a little Ford Flex styling in with it.
Posted By: Mr PotatoHead

Re: 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L revealed - 01/10/21 09:33 PM

Aero-Square confused
Posted By: jcruse64

Re: 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L revealed - 01/11/21 07:37 PM

When did Buick take the Jeep brand over???

Re: 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L revealed - 01/11/21 08:05 PM

Its almost like each brand needs its own design team. I can see ram and charger in that front end, clearly drawn up by the same team.
Posted By: DUFFMAN

Re: 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L revealed - 01/13/21 04:43 AM

No matter what Jeep did, if it looks different than the current model people are going to be over critical.

I think they did a nice job. It looks more aggressive than the current GC and the styling shows the direction Jeep is going in. The big mouth leads me to believe they're expecting to add some huge power plants and needed to design in a lot of potential for cooling.
Posted By: DirectSubjection

Re: 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L revealed - 01/13/21 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by DUFFMAN
No matter what Jeep did, if it looks different than the current model people are going to be over critical.

I think they did a nice job. It looks more aggressive than the current GC and the styling shows the direction Jeep is going in. The big mouth leads me to believe they're expecting to add some huge power plants and needed to design in a lot of potential for cooling.

iagree
Posted By: JonC

Re: 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L revealed - 01/14/21 01:08 AM

First impression not good, however it may grow on me as time goes by.
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L revealed - 01/14/21 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by DirectSubjection
Originally Posted by DUFFMAN

iagree

Same here. And it's muscular and could've been really bad when you look at what we've been seeing from other makes (and smaller Jeeps), which are swoopy lines and curves and complete lack of muscular lines.
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L revealed - 01/14/21 11:46 AM

Interesting they say it and the Durango are now on an alfa platform? I didn't see them make a big deal about changing platforms when they announced the HellCat Durango last year.

Re: 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L revealed - 01/14/21 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Bad340fish
Interesting they say it and the Durango are now on an alfa platform? I didn't see them make a big deal about changing platforms when they announced the HellCat Durango last year.

New Jeep is, the Durango isn't
Posted By: 300rag

Re: 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L revealed - 01/14/21 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by SRT6776
Originally Posted by Bad340fish

New Jeep is, the Durango isn't

Yet...
2022 it will be the same platform
© 2024 Moparts Forums