Moparts

Help with TV

Posted By: carhunter

Help with TV - 11/30/20 06:33 PM

I'm looking to buy a 50 or 55 in.TV. I'm looking at Samsung or LG.
There's to many options to pick from.I'm just looking for TV with a good picture,is there anything else I should be looking for.
Any advise would be appreciated because I'm lost right now.Thanks for any help.
Posted By: 3hundred

Re: Help with TV - 11/30/20 06:41 PM

You might look here linky Best Buy cyber Monday
Posted By: topside

Re: Help with TV - 11/30/20 07:07 PM

Bought a 55" LG last year from Best Buy; they even delivered it.
The staff was great at explaining the tech, the differences, and pros/cons of the various TVs.
Very happy with the entire deal.
Posted By: Dcuda69

Re: Help with TV - 11/30/20 07:42 PM

I have 2 Samsung 55" 4k UHD Smart TVs.. love them. One I bought at Target a few years ago and one at Best Buy just this summer. Both have been awesome!
Posted By: Sinitro

Re: Help with TV - 11/30/20 07:52 PM

Samsung and LG dominate the big HD flat screen category but...
Unfortunately they tend to be less compatible with other HDMI audio and video components especially for the CEC operation.
CEC is the system control software that handles the 1 button Power On and input modes. Samsung and LG rewrote their CEC software outside the standards, making it unreliable with other brand HDMI components. In our AV install biz we typically use the Sony flat screen products they are far more compatible but usually a few more $$..

Just my $0.02... wink
Posted By: Fat_Mike

Re: Help with TV - 11/30/20 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Dcuda69
I have 2 Samsung 55" 4k UHD Smart TVs.. love them. One I bought at Target a few years ago and one at Best Buy just this summer. Both have been awesome!

^^^^ Those 2 things right there; 4k resolution, and smart TV capability.
Posted By: jcc

Re: Help with TV - 12/01/20 12:28 AM

Best advice, whatever you buy, DO NOT ENTER another Electronics store or website until the one you bought stops working, because in 2 years its price will always be half as much as you paid, and the features doubled.
Posted By: carhunter

Re: Help with TV - 12/01/20 02:48 AM

Thanks everyone.
I think I'm going with the Samsung 55 smart tv.
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: Help with TV - 12/01/20 02:53 AM

I had other brands in the past but I have had the best performance and luck with Sony.
Posted By: markz528

Re: Help with TV - 12/01/20 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by carhunter
Thanks everyone.
I think I'm going with the Samsung 55 smart tv.

I just bought one a couple of weeks ago. There are many to choose from. I ended up with the Q70T. QLED. Do your research so that you know which one you want.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Help with TV - 12/01/20 02:20 PM

A few years back I needed to upgrade my 60" rear projection - floor model bought from a Sears clearance outlet at 1/2 price. I just wanted a plain ol tv and don't give me any of yer new fangled smart tv noise. Quickly found out they don't make "cranky old man" tvs any more. Ended up with a Samsung 60" 4k UHD and I love it. Built in and down loadable apps for Netflix, Hulu, youtube, etc, etc. Weak internet browser but have gotten mileage out of being able to stream content from Win10 boxes on the same net. Samsung is smart in that their tvs are usually running their own demo display vs the common cable feed all the other get. It's of course optimized to look amazing but I don't know how they sell anything next to it.
© 2024 Moparts Forums