Moparts

Non Mopar but She Finally Arrived!!

Posted By: Dr V

Non Mopar but She Finally Arrived!! - 11/25/20 01:23 AM

After a long wait, she finally arrived at the dealership today. I ordered it July 3 2019. I've never waited so long for a car in my life but I did end up with one of the last 2020s. Sebring orange, white guts, dual carbon black stripe, high wing, yellow stoppers, Z51 with magnetic ride and full carbon where available. . Too bad it didn't come with studded snows. Its 34 degrees in Erie today..

Attached picture 627948858.jpg
Attached picture 627948894.jpg
Attached picture 627948883.jpg
Attached picture 627948980.jpg
Posted By: TJP

Re: Non Mopar but She Finally Arrived!! - 11/25/20 01:29 AM

up Enjoy once it warms up or at least is dry out smile
Posted By: CYACOP

Re: Non Mopar but She Finally Arrived!! - 11/25/20 01:35 AM

Nice ride. A Vette is on my bucket list.
Posted By: RoadRunnerLuva

Re: Non Mopar but She Finally Arrived!! - 11/25/20 01:39 AM

Leave as is...no dealer prep...trailer it home, store it for 25 years, take it to a Mecum auction, triple your dough!
Posted By: DirectSubjection

Re: Non Mopar but She Finally Arrived!! - 11/25/20 01:42 AM

Beautiful car, great color choices! Be careful driving it - sport tires don't stick well until they heat up.
Posted By: A39Coronet

Re: Non Mopar but She Finally Arrived!! - 11/25/20 01:48 AM

My father-in-law picked up his a month or so ago after a long wait. From pictures it was just a little too wild for me, but in person it's wayyy too wild for me. For the price, the first year cars are a steal, and are a work of art. I was caught of guard at how loud it was during the first cold start. He had it for two days before someone offered him $10k more than he paid for it.
Posted By: SRT6776

Re: Non Mopar but She Finally Arrived!! - 11/25/20 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by RoadRunnerLuva
Leave as is...no dealer prep...trailer it home, store it for 25 years, take it to a Mecum auction, triple your dough!

That doesn't bode well with your sig

Re: Non Mopar but She Finally Arrived!! - 11/25/20 02:26 AM

Originally Posted by SRT6776
[quote=RoadRunnerLuva]Leave as is...no dealer prep...trailer it home, store it for 25 years, take it to a Mecum auction, triple your dough!

That doesn't bode well with your sig [/quote

I drive em all gang. Nothing sits in my garage except for the survivor RR
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Non Mopar but She Finally Arrived!! - 11/25/20 03:14 AM

Seen lots of them destroyed by "techs" putting them on lifts and not thinking about the weight bias to the rear, be very cautious having anyone work on it! Nice ride for something built in the old Chrysler Airtemp plant...LOL
Posted By: Grizzly

Re: Non Mopar but She Finally Arrived!! - 11/25/20 05:56 AM

A 2004 Viper has 500 horsepower and 525 lb/ft torque and weighs 3410 pounds. What are the specs on one of those things? 250 pounds heavier, 5 less hp, and 55 lb/ft less? I guess if a 16 year old Viper wants the Hammer Lane you should keep right, lol.

To each their own, at least those cheap, gawdy looking things will never be mistaken for a real mid-engine European car.

Sorry, not sorry to burst your bubble, but it's a goofy-looking rip-off of a hand-built Italian sports car built by a sorry-excuse-for-a-car-company that celebrated their 100th anniversary by going BANKRUPT.

Shame on anyone for supporting these Tax-Payer-funded 4sswipes. twocents

What were you expecting? A gushing out-pouring of support on a Mopar site? Definitely not from Me. smirk

Good Gawd even the 2004 ME412 looks more modern than this glorified fiero:

Attached picture 41.jpg
Attached picture 40.jpg
Posted By: Grizzly

Re: Non Mopar but She Finally Arrived!! - 11/25/20 06:06 AM

Edit:

Great shots of all those fairly new half and three quarter tons all up in the air with the hoods open. tonguue Plenty of job security going on in that shop. up
Posted By: DirectSubjection

Re: Non Mopar but She Finally Arrived!! - 11/25/20 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by Grizzly

What were you expecting? A gushing out-pouring of support on a Mopar site? Definitely not from Me. smirk

i will - again congrats!
Posted By: Kern Dog

Re: Non Mopar but She Finally Arrived!! - 11/25/20 07:49 AM

If YOU are happy with it, that is great. They are damn ugly to me. They look like they took a Camaro and let Dave Kindig loose on it.
Posted By: 73DAD

Re: Non Mopar but She Finally Arrived!! - 11/25/20 12:30 PM

Looks great, love the color, hope you get a good day to enjoy it soon!

Re: Non Mopar but She Finally Arrived!! - 11/25/20 12:52 PM

A 2004 Viper has 500 horsepower and 525 lb/ft torque and weighs 3410 pounds. What are the specs on one of those things? 250 pounds heavier, 5 less hp, and 55 lb/ft less? I guess if a 16 year old Viper wants the Hammer Lane you should keep right, lol.

To each their own, at least those cheap, gawdy looking things will never be mistaken for a real mid-engine European car.

Sorry, not sorry to burst your bubble, but it's a goofy-looking rip-off of a hand-built Italian sports car built by a sorry-excuse-for-a-car-company that celebrated their 100th anniversary by going BANKRUPT.

It's all good, your not bursting my bubble at all. I have 7 different brands in my garage. And this is my 1st Chevy. It may be around for a while it may be around for 4 months. Ya never know. Still love the Mopars though. And for the record, I know this car will never compare to my ACR as far as ability on the track, or brute horsepower, but there does have to be a slowest car in my garage.
Posted By: TooMany62s

Re: Non Mopar but She Finally Arrived!! - 11/25/20 12:58 PM

Nice Ride!!
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Non Mopar but She Finally Arrived!! - 11/25/20 03:23 PM

I may be wrong, but I believe the C8 will take the viper down on acceleration. I followed a guy on Facebook that got one of the first ones several months ago. He ran like an 11.0X within the first few days of ownership lol.

Congrats on the purchase, those are cool cars!
Posted By: oldjonny

Re: Non Mopar but She Finally Arrived!! - 11/25/20 03:32 PM

25 years....? Better idea. Take the same money, invest it in something worthwhile and make your money 10 fold and save yourself the headaches of staring at something that you are too afraid to drive. Look up what the 'saved' ZR-1's are bringing. Either you buy a car to drive it...or skip buying a car.
Posted By: theraif

Re: Non Mopar but She Finally Arrived!! - 11/25/20 07:26 PM

i`d give you a $1 if you hammer it down state st. grin
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: Non Mopar but She Finally Arrived!! - 11/25/20 08:09 PM

They are different for sure. Ive seen a couple if them around here .
I can't decide if i like them or not.
But i would beat the pants off it on a twisty road for about a day. ...then give it back.
Posted By: Mr PotatoHead

Re: Non Mopar but She Finally Arrived!! - 11/25/20 08:25 PM

Neat car, Id love to drive one some day. Grizzly is a funny guy with the Fireo comments, if you goodle them some have kits that sorta look like it.

I watched come cool vids on the new C8 last night, some may like them.

I find the big row of heat/ac related controls very cheezy and cheaply done but for the price of the car I could live with it.

Posted By: 74DartSport

Re: Non Mopar but She Finally Arrived!! - 11/25/20 08:57 PM

TBH first one I’ve seen that I like. All the blue/white/silver ones I’ve seen have the low or no wing and just look meh. The black pops off the orange and really makes it stand out.
Enjoy!
Posted By: MRVCODE

Re: Non Mopar but She Finally Arrived!! - 11/25/20 11:40 PM

Very nice! Enjoy!
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: Non Mopar but She Finally Arrived!! - 11/26/20 05:01 PM

A nice addition to a very nice collections.

Enjoy!!!
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: Non Mopar but She Finally Arrived!! - 11/26/20 06:18 PM

Was at a local cruise about 2 weeks ago, and there was one there. In a color that sure looked like curious yellow

car had people around it most of the day

Like this one,

Attached picture vette.jpg

Re: Non Mopar but She Finally Arrived!! - 11/26/20 07:03 PM

That color is very similar to curious yellow. It has a little bit more green in it though. There was a 2ss Camaro in the showroom yesterday that had that color on it. It was actually pretty cool.

Re: Non Mopar but She Finally Arrived!! - 11/26/20 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Dr V
That color is very similar to curious yellow. It has a little bit more green in it though. There was a 2ss Camaro in the showroom yesterday that had that color on it. It was actually pretty cool.

Color is called shock
Posted By: second 70

Re: Non Mopar but She Finally Arrived!! - 11/27/20 04:08 PM

This is a base model that friend ordered. Only $65K Only thing missing was it was supposed to have a rear spoiler but the company that made them went out of business due to covid so all they did was give him a coupon for further Gm purchase. Lol

Attached picture IMG_2234.JPG
Posted By: abodyjoe

Re: Non Mopar but She Finally Arrived!! - 11/28/20 01:00 AM

nice. love those new vettes..
Posted By: RoadRunnerLuva

Re: Non Mopar but She Finally Arrived!! - 12/02/20 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by SRT6776

That doesn't bode well with your sig

Nope in this case it doesn't, does it? Just thought op would hold onto it as a non-driver collector item and store away for future big monetary gain...well have fun with it...do a burnout for me. wink
Posted By: Kiddart

Re: Non Mopar but She Finally Arrived!! - 12/02/20 08:08 PM

enjoy the new car!!! I love them but some of the colors are not very eye appealing. yours is the cats meow!!
Posted By: 19swinger70

Re: Non Mopar but She Finally Arrived!! - 12/04/20 03:29 AM

I think they look fantastic. Have fun with it!
Posted By: calmopar

Re: Non Mopar but She Finally Arrived!! - 12/04/20 07:54 PM

Or you could not buy it, put the cash in the stock market, and in 25 years you would have a 7x value - go to Mecum, spend 3x on the car someone else stored and have 4x left over for hair transplants and tooth caps. up

Re: Non Mopar but She Finally Arrived!! - 12/05/20 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by calmopar

Or you could not buy it, put the cash in the stock market, and in 25 years you would have a 7x value - go to Mecum, spend 3x on the car someone else stored and have 4x left over for hair transplants and tooth caps. up

7 second electric cars are going to be out in 3-4 years, which will make all this stuff obsolete. The vette will be one of the crazy electrics as they've said it was already set up for it, AWD too.
Posted By: MowP4rsn

Re: Non Mopar but She Finally Arrived!! - 12/05/20 06:23 AM

eek drool That is gorgeous!
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Non Mopar but She Finally Arrived!! - 12/05/20 01:24 PM

Very nice! I hope you have a ball driving it.
Posted By: dart4forte

Re: Non Mopar but She Finally Arrived!! - 12/05/20 03:31 PM

It is a nice car, where do you plug it in?
Posted By: 71TA

Re: Non Mopar but She Finally Arrived!! - 12/06/20 02:10 AM

Congrats!

My 28yo son sells Vettes for a Chevy dealer here in the Detroit area. His dealership, Les Stanford, is one of the top dealers in the country. His name is all over the internet when searching for Vettes. The top GM sales guy on the PLANET works there also. Sells over 1500 cars a year. He's like a dealership within a dealership. Has his own staff and focuses on specific customer "groups".

Top 4 Corvette dealers of 2019

1 Kerbeck Corvette – Atlantic City, NJ – Dave Salvatore
2 MacMulkin Corvette – Nashua, NH
3 Criswell Corvette – Gaithersburg, MD – Mike Furman
4 Les Stanford Chevrolet – Dearborn, MI – James Fillmore
Posted By: migsBIG

Re: Non Mopar but She Finally Arrived!! - 12/06/20 10:40 AM

After a long wait, she finally arrived at the dealership today. I ordered it July 3 2019. I've never waited so long for a car in my life but I did end up with one of the last 2020s. Sebring orange, white guts, dual carbon black stripe, high wing, yellow stoppers, Z51 with magnetic ride and full carbon where available. . Too bad it didn't come with studded snows. Its 34 degrees in Erie today..

Probably the only chevy I wanted to own. After 1973, there wasn't a bow tie worth owning, til now.

Attached picture 53648535_786652675042796_5991972590489436160_n.jpg

Re: Non Mopar but She Finally Arrived!! - 12/06/20 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by migsBIG

Probably the only chevy I wanted to own. After 1973, there wasn't a bow tie worth owning, til now.

Its the first Chevy to ever enter my garage. New or old...
Posted By: RoadRunner

Re: Non Mopar but She Finally Arrived!! - 12/06/20 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by migsBIG

Probably the only Chevy I wanted to own. After 1973, there wasn't a bow tie worth owning, til now.

Its the first Chevy to ever enter my garage. New or old...

Congratulations. I wasn't a huge fan of the looks until I saw one in person. I still think the side scoop is "off" a bit. Not sure what they could have done different, well, I do, but it is functional. I think I'd get mine in black as to hide the side scoop. The yellow and orange sure do pop though.
© 2024 Moparts Forums