Moparts

I'm in a constant battle...

Posted By: Guitar Jones

I'm in a constant battle... - 11/23/20 09:59 PM

It's 40 degrees outside. The wife keeps going through the house opening the windows and turning down the heaters. I keep going behind her closing the windows and turning the heaters back up. laugh2
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: I'm in a constant battle... - 11/23/20 10:21 PM

For as long as I can remember I was always the one feeling it was too hot in the house (summer and winter). Ever since I had my surgery we both seem to be in agreement on the house temps. shruggy
Posted By: dOrk !

Re: I'm in a constant battle... - 11/23/20 10:32 PM

You’ll be saying what Arnold said in the Terminator ! tsk
Posted By: Hemi_Joel

Re: I'm in a constant battle... - 11/23/20 10:45 PM

Tell her she should strip down to her underwear, and you put on your longjohns and a turtleneck sweater. up
Posted By: dOrk !

Re: I'm in a constant battle... - 11/23/20 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by Hemi_Joel
Tell her she should strip down to her underwear, and you put on your longjohns and a turtleneck sweater. up

OR ... just move back ... to Paradise!
Posted By: moparpollack

Re: I'm in a constant battle... - 11/23/20 11:22 PM

Time to build a man cave and keep it how you want.

Re: I'm in a constant battle... - 11/23/20 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by Hemi_Joel

We are already there, well, except for the turtle neck. I hate those things.
Posted By: poorboy

Re: I'm in a constant battle... - 11/24/20 12:30 AM

It does seem like the males and females temp standards swap as we get older. It used to be the wife was always cold, and I was hot (except when I worked outdoors in the winter, or those few years I opened up the factory and turned on the furnaces every day), but these days she is hot and I get cold. Things changed for us when we both reached 60.

I tried to convince her that she should walk around the house naked and we would both be much better, up but she's not going for it. It was worth trying, but not much changed..... Gene
Posted By: Kern Dog

Re: I'm in a constant battle... - 11/24/20 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by mopars4ever
For as long as I can remember I was always the one feeling it was too hot in the house (summer and winter). Ever since I had my surgery we both seem to be in agreement on the house temps. shruggy

Sex change? laugh2

Re: I'm in a constant battle... - 11/24/20 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by poorboy
It does seem like the males and females temp standards swap as we get older. It used to be the wife was always cold, and I was hot (except when I worked outdoors in the winter, or those few years I opened up the factory and turned on the furnaces every day), but these days she is hot and I get cold. Things changed for us when we both reached 60.

I tried to convince her that she should walk around the house naked and we would both be much better, up but she's not going for it. It was worth trying, but not much changed..... Gene

Menopause, that's what the wife is blaming.
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: I'm in a constant battle... - 11/24/20 03:11 AM

My wife pays the gas, water, and electric bills, so that means we have no hot water, no heat, and she runs around turning off the lights... eyes
Posted By: SNK-EYZ

Re: I'm in a constant battle... - 11/24/20 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by Guitar Jones

Menopause, that's what the wife is blaming.

The wife is pretty sure that she's dealing with that too. whistling

She spent most of yesterday complaining she was hot, later she's complaining she's cold.

The temperature is always 74 in the house by her choice. laugh2
Posted By: Fat_Mike

Re: I'm in a constant battle... - 11/24/20 05:59 AM

Yeah...menopause is a biatch. Keep a sweatshirt handy and hang on...

Re: I'm in a constant battle... - 11/24/20 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Fat_Mike
Yeah...menopause is a biatch. Keep a sweatshirt handy and hang on...

This has been going on for a few years now. It wasn't that big of a deal when I lived in Florida, but up here it gets pretty cold. I can't just go outside to warm up anymore. laugh2
Posted By: basketcase

Re: I'm in a constant battle... - 11/24/20 03:23 PM

for almost 30 years the wife and I have been opposites. If she's hot, I'm cold, etc. I worked for 9 years in hot kitchens, then 20 years in an even hotter factory. I'm fine on a 90 degree day with just the fan in the window after 8-12 hours in a 110+ factory. She wants the air on if the t stat shows 72. We have no register in our bedroom, so it get pretty cold in the winter when it's cold outside. That's fine, I like a cold room to sleep in, but I want the electric blanket on. SHe'd have the windows open (and has) when there's snow on the ground.
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: I'm in a constant battle... - 11/24/20 04:07 PM

Get used to flannels and a sweatshirt,

because your gonna lose
Posted By: theraif

Re: I'm in a constant battle... - 11/24/20 07:16 PM

grin
Posted By: JDMopar

Re: I'm in a constant battle... - 11/24/20 09:13 PM

Best way to fix it is Bioidentical Hormone Replacement for her......and a BIG box of Wheaties for yourself! up boogie

Re: I'm in a constant battle... - 11/25/20 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by JDMopar
Best way to fix it is Bioidentical Hormone Replacement for her......and a BIG box of Wheaties for yourself! up boogie

*sigh* I can't drink milk. laugh2
Posted By: RoadRunnerLuva

Re: I'm in a constant battle... - 11/25/20 12:51 AM

Drink almond milk, or lactaid milk.
© 2024 Moparts Forums