Moparts

Visitor at the front door.

Posted By: SNK-EYZ

Visitor at the front door. - 11/21/20 02:13 AM

We feed the stray cats that run around by our house.
They've got us trained, they sit outside the dining window on the ledge to let us know that they're hungry. laugh2
There are two orange tabby's, we call them Bert and Ernie.

One of the orange tabby's (Ernie) is sitting there staring at me so I grab some food and open the front door and see a different visitor eating the cat food. eek

I opened the garage door about a foot and Ernie come running inside so I shut the door quickly.

I took a few pics through the storm door of the visitor, this is the second time we've seen him in the last couple weeks.

Attached picture IMG_3966.JPG
Attached picture IMG_3967.JPG
Attached picture IMG_3968.JPG
Attached picture IMG_3971.JPG
Posted By: topside

Re: Visitor at the front door. - 11/21/20 02:18 AM

Nice kitty laugh2 !
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Visitor at the front door. - 11/21/20 02:30 AM

Time to either call animal control or put a bullet through its head before he hurts one of the stray cats or sprays them work
Skunks are notorious for carrying rabies out here work
Posted By: Mr PotatoHead

Re: Visitor at the front door. - 11/21/20 02:33 AM

Well, it looks like you do have the WELCOME mat out.

Whack it.
Posted By: RoadRunnerLuva

Re: Visitor at the front door. - 11/21/20 02:35 AM

My wife's mother has been feeding racoons on her back deck 2 times a day 7 days a week for over 20 years now. PACKS of them show up, along with stray cats/deer/skunks/possum/groundhogs....it's just ridiculous at this point. shake_head All of those critters have torn up her deck over the years, and she doesn't care, as long as they are fed and happy. shruggy
Posted By: A12

Re: Visitor at the front door. - 11/21/20 02:38 AM

Attached picture Pepe_Le_Pew.jpg

Re: Visitor at the front door. - 11/21/20 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
Time to either call animal control or put a bullet through its head before he hurts one of the stray cats or sprays them work
Skunks are notorious for carrying rabies out here work

We're rural and there is literally every kind of wildlife out here, Deer, Bobcat's, Mountain Lions, and even Bears roam the area.

It's not like he's showed up everyday, at the rate it goes around here odds are pretty good that he'll eventually get hit in the road.

I think that a lot of the drivers around here aim for small animals, at least it seems that way.
Posted By: 3hundred

Re: Visitor at the front door. - 11/21/20 02:54 AM

Pepé Le Pew lives! laugh2
Posted By: Neil

Re: Visitor at the front door. - 11/21/20 02:57 AM

Just a black and white kitty cat. What's the big deal?
Posted By: billohio

Re: Visitor at the front door. - 11/21/20 03:12 AM

Originally Posted by RoadRunnerLuva
My wife's mother has been feeding racoons on her back deck 2 times a day 7 days a week for over 20 years now. PACKS of them show up, along with stray cats/deer/skunks/possum/groundhogs....it's just ridiculous at this point. shake_head All of those critters have torn up her deck over the years, and she doesn't care, as long as they are fed and happy. shruggy

That would be an interesting picture if there are different animals trying to eat at the same time. I saw a you tube video of a guy feeding raccoons hot dogs and there must have been 30 of them. Most of them waited their turn. Crazy
Posted By: stumpy

Re: Visitor at the front door. - 11/21/20 03:15 AM

You leave the food out and he will stick around.
Posted By: RoadRunnerLuva

Re: Visitor at the front door. - 11/21/20 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by billohio
Originally Posted by RoadRunnerLuva

That would be an interesting picture if there are different animals trying to eat at the same time. I saw a you tube video of a guy feeding raccoons hot dogs and there must have been 30 of them. Most of them waited their turn. Crazy

Yup...not uncommon at mother in law's to see that sort of scene at "dinner time"....multiple species fighting over the mounds of dry cat food she leaves on her deck. She thinks it's perfectly normal.
She routinely buys 50# bags of cat food a week to feed all these animals...that's her life. shruggy
Posted By: Sunroofcuda

Re: Visitor at the front door. - 11/21/20 05:15 AM

We had these fellas hanging around with us every evening for about a month - they'd show-up at around 6:00 PM. This was a couple different years. They were so fun to watch & photograph. We bought some bulk bags of dry dog food - they loved it. We'd also put corn out. Most we ever saw at the same time was 6 of them - they must have been from the same litter. A few times & at the SAME time, we had foxes, deer, raccoons, & rabbits all eating within feet of each other. Like a scene out of Bambi!

Attached picture Baby foxes 7.JPG
Attached picture Baby foxes 8.JPG
Attached picture Baby foxes 2.JPG

Re: Visitor at the front door. - 11/21/20 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by stumpy
You leave the food out and he will stick around.

We usually only put the food out when the cats sit at the window letting us know they're hungry and they usually finish off what we put out while they are there.

Usually it's a possum or racoon that we find out there looking for food..
We had a determined racoon that wanted to clean out the bird feeder on a 6 foot pole.
Shooting him with a pellet gun didn't phase him, he destroyed two bird feeders.
He'd rip the plastic top off to get at the bird seed.
It took putting one of the anti-squirrel rings on the pole below the feeder to get him to stop.

The skunk must have found enough crumbs to get a meal.

Tapping on the door glass didn't phase him, he seemed oblivious to me watching him.

Re: Visitor at the front door. - 11/21/20 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Sunroofcuda
We had these fellas hanging around with us every evening for about a month - they'd show-up at around 6:00 PM. This was a couple different years. They were so fun to watch & photograph. We bought some bulk bags of dry dog food - they loved it. We'd also put corn out. Most we ever saw at the same time was 6 of them - they must have been from the same litter. A few times & at the SAME time, we had foxes, deer, raccoons, & rabbits all eating within feet of each other. Like a scene out of Bambi!

At my last house 10 or 12 years ago I had a pair of foxes living in the woods behind me.
It was cool to watch them.

I made the mistake of letting a buddy bring his grandson (about 17 years old) to deer hunt on the property, he didn't get a deer so he decided to shoot one of the foxes to get it's tail.
It kinda pissed me off because they were supposed to be hunting deer not the foxes and especially just for the tail.. mad

I don't let them hunt on my property anymore.
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Visitor at the front door. - 11/21/20 02:19 PM

My grandparents called them woodspussy's... laugh2
Posted By: dOc !

Re: Visitor at the front door. - 11/21/20 05:26 PM

Coons can be REAL nasty tsk
© 2024 Moparts Forums