Moparts

Britain urged to spend money developing....

Posted By: 360view

Britain urged to spend money developing.... - 11/17/20 11:26 AM

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-11-sexbots-older-adults-disabilities-ethicist.html

Sample quote

The sexbot industry should include older adults with disabilities in the design and marketing of its products, to support their emotional health and wellbeing and help counter ageism and stereotyping, argues an ethicist in the Journal of Medical Ethics.

End quote
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: Britain urged to spend money developing.... - 11/17/20 02:21 PM

I guess the back order on Cherry 2000's will be longer than I thought?.... or perhaps not, I'm not getting any younger though....

Attached picture Cherry_2000_001.jpg
Posted By: HoosierTA

Re: Britain urged to spend money developing.... - 11/17/20 03:36 PM

Some people actually sat in a meeting, thought this up, and drafted a statement.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Britain urged to spend money developing.... - 11/17/20 04:10 PM

Do you lay around dreaming this crap up along with the covid links/ shruggy
Posted By: 360view

Re: Britain urged to spend money developing.... - 11/17/20 05:20 PM

I can dream up different weird stuff at times, but this morning when I read that I was totally surprised.

If Elon Musk had proposed that as his next company, I guess I would have not been as surprised.
Posted By: 6PakBee

Re: Britain urged to spend money developing.... - 11/17/20 08:31 PM

I thought that's another use for a vacuum cleaner. But I could be wrong, that's just something I overheard..... grin
Posted By: jcc

Re: Britain urged to spend money developing.... - 11/18/20 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by 360view
https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-11-sexbots-older-adults-disabilities-ethicist.html

Sample quote

The sexbot industry should include older adults with disabilities in the design and marketing of its products, to support their emotional health and wellbeing and help counter ageism and stereotyping, argues an ethicist in the Journal of Medical Ethics.

End quote

I wonder if they will be pre "polarized" based on the end user, just to keep things moving for a happy ending?
Posted By: That AMC Guy

Re: Britain urged to spend money developing.... - 11/18/20 12:28 PM

I've been single for well over 15 years now. Bein' honest, I do miss the companionship sometimes, but I certainly don't miss the rest of the sizzling hot mess that comes along with it. Did anybody ever watch that really well done TV series out of the UK called "Humans"? It was set in the not-so-distant future and had fully autonomous live-in androids. If we could reach that sort of technology where they can cook, clean, feed the cat, mow the lawn, do the shopping and laundry AND I can plow it?

Sign me up!

Don't care what it costs. It's probably still cheaper than a wedding, living with the cow for ten years, and the divorce.
Posted By: moparjim79

Re: Britain urged to spend money developing.... - 11/19/20 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by DAYCLONA
I guess the back order on Cherry 2000's will be longer than I thought?.... or perhaps not, I'm not getting any younger though....

Wow haven't seen that in years
Posted By: John Brown

Re: Britain urged to spend money developing.... - 11/19/20 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by moparjim79
Originally Posted by DAYCLONA

Wow haven't seen that in years

-> Cherry 2000, full movie, in English.....
Posted By: Sunroofcuda

Re: Britain urged to spend money developing.... - 11/19/20 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by 6PakBee
I thought that's another use for a vacuum cleaner. But I could be wrong, that's just something I overheard..... grin

I think it's overblown.
Posted By: Sunroofcuda

Re: Britain urged to spend money developing.... - 11/19/20 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by RamblerMan
I've been single for well over 15 years now. Bein' honest, I do miss the companionship sometimes, but I certainly don't miss the rest of the sizzling hot mess that comes along with it. Did anybody ever watch that really well done TV series out of the UK called "Humans"? It was set in the not-so-distant future and had fully autonomous live-in androids. If we could reach that sort of technology where they can cook, clean, feed the cat, mow the lawn, do the shopping and laundry AND I can plow it?

Sign me up!

Don't care what it costs. It's probably still cheaper than a wedding, living with the cow for ten years, and the divorce.

Reminds me of the Twilight Zone episode where the guy is sentenced to be imprisoned on another planet. He gets a visit from a supply rocket several times a year, & one time they bring him a robot woman who he falls in love with. GREAT episode!!
Posted By: John Brown

Re: Britain urged to spend money developing.... - 11/19/20 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Sunroofcuda
Originally Posted by RamblerMan

Sign me up!

Reminds me of the Twilight Zone episode where the guy is sentenced to be imprisoned on another planet. He gets a visit from a supply rocket several times a year, & one time they bring him a robot woman who he falls in love with. GREAT episode!!

cbsnews.com/the-10-greatest-twilight-zone-episodes/The Lonely
Posted By: Tom_440

Re: Britain urged to spend money developing.... - 11/19/20 07:35 PM

I agree. Let Britain perfect the robots. I'm sure a good one would not be cheap, but you can lock them in the closet when you don't want to use them, they don't get jealous if you have more than one, and at the end of the day they are way cheaper than alimony and child support.
Posted By: DUFFMAN

Re: Britain urged to spend money developing.... - 11/19/20 11:26 PM

So what will the used market be like for these? shock
Posted By: MarkZ

Re: Britain urged to spend money developing.... - 11/20/20 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by DUFFMAN

Can't be any worse than the lot lizards at any Flying J.
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: Britain urged to spend money developing.... - 11/20/20 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by DUFFMAN

"low mileage" originals, numbers matching, supplied with original monroney sheet and "broad-cast" sheet will command top dollar.... the market will also be saturated with "perfumed pigs" and back-halved rebuilt wrecks, as well as clones....
© 2024 Moparts Forums