Moparts

Any Veteran bennies you’d like to mention ?

Posted By: dOrk !

Any Veteran bennies you’d like to mention ? - 11/11/20 09:31 AM

I’m going to hit Denny’s in about an hour ... then later Hooters for their famous big burger ....THEN Applebees for a light dinner !
Posted By: Sniper

Re: Any Veteran bennies you’d like to mention ? - 11/11/20 12:47 PM

I'd like to mention that the company I work for actually thinks so much about their veteran employees that they give all of them the day off with pay, but I can't because they don't.

All talk, no action.
Posted By: HemiSportFury

Re: Any Veteran bennies you’d like to mention ? - 11/12/20 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by Sniper
I'd like to mention that the company I work for actually thinks so much about their veteran employees that they give all of them the day off with pay, but I can't because they don't.

All talk, no action.

Yep. I never got a Veteran's Day off until I retired.
Posted By: Garry Owen

Re: Any Veteran bennies you’d like to mention ? - 11/12/20 12:33 AM

My destroyed body...

And the t/p rating that comes with.
Posted By: Exit1965

Re: Any Veteran bennies you’d like to mention ? - 11/12/20 04:57 AM

Home depot and Lowes have 10% discount. Lowes is year round and has a great system where you just sign up once and it's linked to your phone #.

Home depot is much more limited, and may or may not work for particular items, and doesn't work for any online orders. Veterans day, memorial day, and 4th of July discount is good for anyone who has served if you bring discharge papers. The other days of the year I think it's for active or retired 20+year military, or service disabled only.
Posted By: JP8

Re: Any Veteran bennies you’d like to mention ? - 11/12/20 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by Garry Owen
My destroyed body...

Yo, I've been to Camp Garry Owen in Iraq. That place sucked. There was a missing Army kid and we were looking everywhere for him. The search went on so long we thought he had been talked into leaving base or abducted. We finally found him dead in a porta shidder. Suicide.

There is a few online stores specifically for "industry professionals" and Veterans called GovX and, one I use frequently, Expert Voice. Expertvoice mostly has outdoor gear like camping companies, hunting stuff, running shoes ... If you're a Vet all you need to sign up is your DD214.
https://www.expertvoice.com/
Posted By: Sniper

Re: Any Veteran bennies you’d like to mention ? - 11/12/20 10:28 AM

For those who do not know what Garry Owen is, you've heard

Posted By: JP8

Re: Any Veteran bennies you’d like to mention ? - 11/12/20 03:17 PM

up Cool!
Posted By: Garry Owen

Re: Any Veteran bennies you’d like to mention ? - 11/12/20 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by JP8
Originally Posted by Garry Owen
My destroyed body...

Yo, I've been to Camp Garry Owen in Iraq. That place sucked. There was a missing Army kid and we were looking everywhere for him. The search went on so long we thought he had been talked into leaving base or abducted. We finally found him dead in a porta shidder. Suicide.

There is a few online stores specifically for "industry professionals" and Veterans called GovX and, one I use frequently, Expert Voice. Expertvoice mostly has outdoor gear like camping companies, hunting stuff, running shoes ... If you're a Vet all you need to sign up is your DD214.
https://www.expertvoice.com/

Never been there. Only place in Iraq I’ve been that’s been named in association with the 7th cavalry is COP X-ray.
© 2024 Moparts Forums