Moparts

you want down force.......we have down force

Posted By: theraif

you want down force.......we have down force - 10/26/20 07:23 PM

grin
Posted By: topside

Re: you want down force.......we have down force - 10/26/20 08:13 PM

A rolling billboard. And I didn't think those cars could be any uglier... laugh2
Posted By: jcc

Re: you want down force.......we have down force - 10/26/20 09:55 PM

laugh2

Bet Reynolds number was never an issue with those guys, and now got a good idea why there has been a shortage of Plexiglass
Posted By: Dcuda69

Re: you want down force.......we have down force - 10/26/20 11:02 PM

Years ago i pitted for a guy running a sportsman car on a 1/3 mi clay oval(Chevelle body,tube chassis,stroker SBC)). Last couple weeks of every year were"open" racing(do what ya want with your car and run it) We did a big ol' wing every year. Crazy how those things affect the car! Our driver could flat foot it down the chutes and give the wheel a twitch entering the corner, then just let the wing carry him through...essentially flat footing it around the whole track. Knocked big time off our normal lap times.......they look goofy but TONS of fun!!!
Posted By: jcc

Re: you want down force.......we have down force - 10/26/20 11:21 PM

I didn't mean to suggest that the results the guys were seeing were not worthy, just it seems like overkill might be a word they used often. I give them credit for not holding back.

It reminds me of the concert business in the 70's, in that it really didn't what speaker you stacked up on each side of the stage ( there weren't many options), but always sounded better with more. grin

Re: you want down force.......we have down force - 10/26/20 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by jcc
I didn't mean to suggest that the results the guys were seeing were not worthy, just it seems like overkill might be a word they used often. I give them credit for not holding back.

It reminds me of the concert business in the 70's, in that it really didn't what speaker you stacked up on each side of the stage ( there weren't many options), but always sounded better with more. grin

LOL...there was tons of overkill going on at the track we were at........probably why we had such a blast!! Your speaker analogy is spot on! punkrocka
Posted By: skicker

Re: you want down force.......we have down force - 10/27/20 03:57 PM

I won a couple of the RWYB races in the late 90's...

We never got that carried away though... shake_head

They typically keep the divisions separate around here just to keep it a little more even. twocents

The fastest division when they added the sideboards would run flat out never lifting... eek

Several would have both right side tires a foot off the ground... realcrazy
Posted By: theraif

Re: you want down force.......we have down force - 10/27/20 05:17 PM

that track is to small for the big sails , it needs a big dirt track
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: you want down force.......we have down force - 10/27/20 09:13 PM

When I was a kid I used to race R/C cars on a dirt oval. Those big side wings made a crazy difference in how the car performed.

Re: you want down force.......we have down force - 10/27/20 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Bad340fish
When I was a kid I used to race R/C cars on a dirt oval. Those big side wings made a crazy difference in how the car performed.

That's cool! They're still racing dirt oval RC stuff. I mess around with RC cars but not the dirt oval stuff. RC drag racing has become very popular also!
Posted By: roadrunninMark

Re: you want down force.......we have down force - 10/28/20 06:02 PM

He needs a rudder on that thing to help it turn.
© 2024 Moparts Forums