Moparts

After nearly 18 months , Its MINE ,,,all MINE

Posted By: gtx6970

After nearly 18 months , Its MINE ,,,all MINE - 10/20/20 05:29 PM

After over 20 years of lusting for this very car. And after nearly 18 months of getting in a position to pull that trigger.
The car is finally in MY garage ,,,and will be for a very VERY long time to come.

I dont plan to changes much ,,,mainly a few detail items . And find a set of the stock spinner hubcaps for the someday tire / wheel change. When I feel like a change from the 15" chrome magnums . But for the most part it will stay pretty much as I bought it

Attached picture Poster-pic.jpg
Attached picture 20201018_102245_resized.jpg
Attached picture engine1.jpg
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: After nearly 18 months , Its MINE ,,,all MINE - 10/20/20 05:32 PM

Beast! Congrats!!!
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: After nearly 18 months , Its MINE ,,,all MINE - 10/20/20 05:32 PM

cool Hemi Satellite.. usually you see them in a 'dere
Posted By: Neil

Re: After nearly 18 months , Its MINE ,,,all MINE - 10/20/20 05:39 PM

Nice car!

I'd just add some redline radials on the magnum wheels and call it done.
Posted By: topside

Re: After nearly 18 months , Its MINE ,,,all MINE - 10/20/20 05:40 PM

Nice ! Great colors.
I understand the spinner-covers idea, but the 15" Magnums look so nice on there.
IIRC, didn't they have a blue streak tire when new ?
Posted By: 69_SIX_PACK

Re: After nearly 18 months , Its MINE ,,,all MINE - 10/20/20 05:55 PM

Very nice indeed, congratulations.

Dave
Posted By: MONC

Re: After nearly 18 months , Its MINE ,,,all MINE - 10/20/20 05:58 PM

Nice, how bouts you show us what it's got! wink

Meaning some video doin what it does best !

Re: After nearly 18 months , Its MINE ,,,all MINE - 10/20/20 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by topside
Nice ! Great colors.
I understand the spinner-covers idea, but the 15" Magnums look so nice on there.
IIRC, didn't they have a blue streak tire when new ?

yes, blue streaks were OE stock.

Just with the red interior I think they would look really out of place. So the blue streaks are not an option , at least for me
This is a couple ideas I have floating around for tires or wheel choices I REALLY like them both .

Attached picture grab-this-rare-1966-plymouth-satellite-426-hemi.jpg
Attached picture Satellite1.jpg
Attached picture 1966-plymouth-satellite-date-code-correct-hemi-30k-miles-original-black-black-1.jpg

Re: After nearly 18 months , Its MINE ,,,all MINE - 10/20/20 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by MONC
Nice, how bouts you show us what it's got! wink

Meaning some video doin what it does best !

Gots to get it transferred and tagged, then some small trips to burn 2 year old gas out ( not going to take long ) Will run a couple tanks of 105 octane ( avail fairly close by )
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: After nearly 18 months , Its MINE ,,,all MINE - 10/20/20 06:12 PM

Congratulations! boogie
Posted By: markz528

Re: After nearly 18 months , Its MINE ,,,all MINE - 10/20/20 06:38 PM

Congrats. Took you long enough! LOL! I would of went after it if you didn't grab it..........

Re: After nearly 18 months , Its MINE ,,,all MINE - 10/20/20 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by markz528
Congrats. Took you long enough! LOL! I would of went after it if you didn't grab it..........

Ha, I have pretty much had this car locked up for well over a year. I had to get all the cards in order ( not to mention talk the wife into letting me blow our original budget clear out of the water . ( like almost double ) And that took some time to make happen .

2 separate times in the past 6 months he actually turned down A LOT more than what I paid for it,,,,, I feel like he was glad to see me get the car as its next caretaker

I was there the day he bought it and had it delivered back in 1998 . Told him then , if he didnt want it. I did. And have lusted for it ever since. Trust me it puts a BIG smile on my face when I walk into the garage and see it sitting there grin boogie

Re: After nearly 18 months , Its MINE ,,,all MINE - 10/20/20 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by gtx6970
2 separate times in the past 6 months he actually turned down A LOT more than what I paid for it,,,,, I feel like he was glad to see me get the car as its next caretaker

Knowing him I don't doubt it for a second!
Posted By: 5thAve

Re: After nearly 18 months , Its MINE ,,,all MINE - 10/20/20 11:49 PM

Cool! have fun with it!
Posted By: Sunroofcuda

Re: After nearly 18 months , Its MINE ,,,all MINE - 10/20/20 11:51 PM

"Eight cylinders all mine, all right, hold tight, I'm a highway star!"

Love it. I've owned one 426 Hemi car & I miss it every day. It was unceremoniously taken from me in a fire back in 1985. I still remember exactly what it felt like driving it - it was otherworldly.
Posted By: A12

Re: After nearly 18 months , Its MINE ,,,all MINE - 10/21/20 12:01 AM

Its MINE ,,,all MINE

Seems "that's what she said" grin up

Extra nice and WOW that's bad azz Bill boogie smile

Mike

Attached picture Mine all mine thats what she said gtx6970.png
Posted By: Matt M

Re: After nearly 18 months , Its MINE ,,,all MINE - 10/21/20 12:23 AM

Congrats man
Has to be a great feeling to finally get the car.
I am happy for you.

Matt
Posted By: TJP

Re: After nearly 18 months , Its MINE ,,,all MINE - 10/21/20 12:30 AM

Beautiful car, I vote for the magnums and redlines, they just look right on the car IMO ENJOY
And realize how lucky you are to have the wife you do. Do not forget to let her know byt doing unexpected little things, Maybe a note in her purse, putting toothpaste on her toothbrush etc.
wink
Posted By: adventurer

Re: After nearly 18 months , Its MINE ,,,all MINE - 10/21/20 12:48 AM

Wow congrats great car. Wish it was mine. beer
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: After nearly 18 months , Its MINE ,,,all MINE - 10/21/20 02:10 AM

My first car was a 66 Satellite, of course it had a poly 318. IF I ever went back to a plyMOUTH I would get another 66 Saty...Congrats!

Re: After nearly 18 months , Its MINE ,,,all MINE - 10/21/20 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by A12
Its MINE ,,,all MINE

Mike

Oh believe me Mike, She likes the car . She was the 1st one in it once it came off the transport ramp .

Took it up the street this afternoon a half mile round trip and my oldest daughter jumped for the ride , Im trying to burn out the old fuel before I dump 110 in it
Posted By: Jeremiah

Re: After nearly 18 months , Its MINE ,,,all MINE - 10/21/20 04:24 PM

Cool Plymouth. One of my bucket cars actually. What options did it come with? Western scroll is the cooles interior ever IMO.
Posted By: 5carguy

Re: After nearly 18 months , Its MINE ,,,all MINE - 10/21/20 08:58 PM

Congratulations Bill,it's a beauty
Posted By: 71GTX471

Re: After nearly 18 months , Its MINE ,,,all MINE - 10/21/20 10:45 PM

Beautiful car defiantly one to lust over & wait out.

Re: After nearly 18 months , Its MINE ,,,all MINE - 10/21/20 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Jeremiah
Cool Plymouth. One of my bucket cars actually. What options did it come with? Western scroll is the cooles interior ever IMO.

As factory produced , Black with metallic red interior. Hemi , console auto, Console mounted tach. Thats it. manual brakes, and steering and no radio

During the resto owner updated all the glass to tinted, changed to power steering ( still is manual drum brakes ,,,which in time I will change to power disc brakes )
Do to a snafu on a drivers side door change required changing to a left remote mirror ( long story ) .
And the car was updated to 67 dual reservoir brakes for safety reasons

Originally an 8-3/4 rear axle car as updated to a 3.54 dana because he had one laying around ,

the engine and rear axle are out of a burnt 1966 Coronet that was hemi , 4spd Dana. And the SBD dates of the 2 cars were 3 days apart. The trans is ( I think ,,,but haven't ckd in person to verify one way or the other ) a 1968 unit .
I have my doubts its an original Hemi trans and I dont care

During the restoration the car received the following NOS
With exception to the pass side door molding , all the upper body trim is NOS. the used door molding is near flawless and matches up wioth the nos on each end pretty darn close
Grille, head light bezels, turn signal; assys, hood molding, hood ornament , trunk finish panel was an NOS Belvedere panel repainted to a Satellite . both tail light lenses and one of the tail light bezels is nos, the other side is mint so I cant say with 100% certainty which side is which
Dash pad and steering wheel are both nos
Posted By: 6bblgt

Re: After nearly 18 months , Its MINE ,,,all MINE - 10/22/20 12:44 AM

drool ..... that's all I got!

Re: After nearly 18 months , Its MINE ,,,all MINE - 10/22/20 12:46 AM

Bill - am I correct that the first time I met him I saw the car and it was in pieces? This would have been in the later 90's. I recall him showing me a hemi in pieces and I thought it was for this car. This was at the old place he rented. He had a bunch of cars in there.

I started my 65 Fury 2 door cop car restoration in 1996. I met him I think through an ebay sale and he said you need a factory service manual to restore your car. Come to the shop and pick one up. I can't thank him enough for that as he was dead right.

The car is almost done............. LOL!
Posted By: bobby66

Re: After nearly 18 months , Its MINE ,,,all MINE - 10/22/20 01:37 AM

I love the 66-67 body style. Black with a Hemi? Perfect! bow drive

Re: After nearly 18 months , Its MINE ,,,all MINE - 10/22/20 01:54 AM

Bill - am I correct that the first time I met him I saw the car and it was in pieces? This would have been in the later 90's. I recall him showing me a hemi in pieces and I thought it was for this car. This was at the old place he rented. He had a bunch of cars in there.

Mark,
He bought this car as a project rolling body in 1998 , The engine in this car was never in pieces at the bldg in Price Hill , he sent it out to have built it went out complete and assembled and returned as such .
This car was never at the bldg he owned in Covington Ky . He sold that bldg and moved to Price Hill earlier in the 90s I think
Odds are the dis-assembled hemi you saw is the one for his brothers hemi Challenger RT/SE

This car was completed and done ,,I think the spring of 2004

in 16 years he put a grand total of 850 miles on it
Posted By: cudagerry

Re: After nearly 18 months , Its MINE ,,,all MINE - 10/22/20 09:32 AM

Congrats, beautiful machine!
Redline tires with the chrome magnums would look really nice with the red interior I think.
Posted By: not_a_charger

Re: After nearly 18 months , Its MINE ,,,all MINE - 10/22/20 10:08 AM

Congratulations. thumbs
Posted By: 65pacecar

Re: After nearly 18 months , Its MINE ,,,all MINE - 10/22/20 04:05 PM

Congratulations. Beautiful car and perfect timing to enjoy the Az winter in.
Posted By: crackedback

Re: After nearly 18 months , Its MINE ,,,all MINE - 10/22/20 06:47 PM

Nice car. Enjoy it as it should be. It's in good hands!
Posted By: NANKET

Re: After nearly 18 months , Its MINE ,,,all MINE - 10/22/20 08:15 PM

Super nice car, congrats! It looks way better with magnums. That one with the caps And whitewalls looks pretty bad with the wheelwell and rocker trim missing.

Why don’t you drain the crap gas out, you’ll run a chance of gumming up the carbs and fouling the plugs.

Re: After nearly 18 months , Its MINE ,,,all MINE - 10/22/20 08:50 PM

Mark,
He bought this car as a project rolling body in 1998 , The engine in this car was never in pieces at the bldg in Price Hill , he sent it out to have built it went out complete and assembled and returned as such .
This car was never at the bldg he owned in Covington Ky . He sold that bldg and moved to Price Hill earlier in the 90s I think
Odds are the dis-assembled hemi you saw is the one for his brothers hemi Challenger RT/SE

Thanks! Does he have more than one brother? I have met and talked to a brother several times. He works (or at least did up to last year) at Siemens in Norwood.
Posted By: OhioMopar

Re: After nearly 18 months , Its MINE ,,,all MINE - 10/22/20 09:45 PM

Awesome car, Bill. My first Mopar was a '66 Satellite. 361 Commando, but had a '70 HP 383 out of a Road Runner in it. .509 cam, TCI 10" convertor, Cheetah valve body, 3.91 gears, etc. etc. Fun car. Probably more car than I needed at 18. If I ever see a gold on gold '66 Satellite 361 Commando car, I'll do my best to buy it. Then paint it white. Lol. Enjoy.

Attached picture '6601.jpg

Re: After nearly 18 months , Its MINE ,,,all MINE - 10/22/20 11:32 PM

Mark,

Thanks! Does he have more than one brother? I have met and talked to a brother several times. He works (or at least did up to last year) at Siemens in Norwood.

Nope just the one brother ( younger ) and im not 100% sure where he works but that sounds familar

Re: After nearly 18 months , Its MINE ,,,all MINE - 10/22/20 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by NANKET
Super nice car, congrats! It looks way better with magnums. That one with the caps And whitewalls looks pretty bad with the wheelwell and rocker trim missing.

Why don’t you drain the crap gas out, you’ll run a chance of gumming up the carbs and fouling the plugs.

Im already planning new plugs and it only has right at 1/4 tank now. Im thinking I will have it burned out by the weekend and then plan is fill it with race gas at least for the 1st tank or 3

Re: After nearly 18 months , Its MINE ,,,all MINE - 10/22/20 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by OhioMopar
Awesome car, Bill. My first Mopar was a '66 Satellite. 361 Commando, but had a '70 HP 383 out of a Road Runner in it. .509 cam, TCI 10" convertor, Cheetah valve body, 3.91 gears, etc. etc. Fun car. Probably more car than I needed at 18. If I ever see a gold on gold '66 Satellite 361 Commando car, I'll do my best to buy it. Then paint it white. Lol. Enjoy.

There is a gold with gold 66 satellite convert in Phoenix for sale.
Ive seen it in person and its a REALLY nice car. In all honesty I gave it some serious thoughts instead of the car I bought

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/d/scottsdale-1966-plymouth-satellite/7211652472.html
Posted By: Kippy

Re: After nearly 18 months , Its MINE ,,,all MINE - 10/22/20 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by A12
Its MINE ,,,all MINE

Mike

Oh believe me Mike, She likes the car . She was the 1st one in it once it came off the transport ramp .

Took it up the street this afternoon a half mile round trip and my oldest daughter jumped for the ride , Im trying to burn out the old fuel before I dump 110 in it

Your post made my day!!! I love this thread and the enjoyment about seeing a guy get the car of his dreams makes me smile.
My honest wishes to see you and your wife enjoy your new car.
I only wish I could throw a dollar on the front seat for good luck

Re: After nearly 18 months , Its MINE ,,,all MINE - 10/23/20 12:22 AM

Thanks when the ramp door opened i felt like a 3 year old with a new kiddy pool.

Attached picture 20201022_172120.jpg
Posted By: PLATINUM6BBL

Re: After nearly 18 months , Its MINE ,,,all MINE - 10/23/20 02:33 PM

Thanks when the ramp door opened i felt like a 3 year old with a new kiddy pool.

I too love the 66-67 body style. Drove a 66 Satellite convertible for many years as a kid and knew a guy with a 66 Hemi Satellite convertible.
BTW, in my stash at mom & dad's is (4) spinner caps from the 66 Satellite I had. I get them dug out and I'll see if you're still looking.
Posted By: jcruse64

Re: After nearly 18 months , Its MINE ,,,all MINE - 10/23/20 03:17 PM

Congratulations!!! Sweet ride, I hope you enjoy it for many years!
Posted By: OrangeProwler

Re: After nearly 18 months , Its MINE ,,,all MINE - 10/23/20 09:03 PM

Congratulations and nice ride.

Re: After nearly 18 months , Its MINE ,,,all MINE - 10/23/20 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by PLATINUM6BBL

I too love the 66-67 body style. Drove a 66 Satellite convertible for many years as a kid and knew a guy with a 66 Hemi Satellite convertible.
BTW, in my stash at mom & dad's is (4) spinner caps from the 66 Satellite I had. I get them dug out and I'll see if you're still looking.

Let me know about the hubcaps

Re: After nearly 18 months , Its MINE ,,,all MINE - 06/18/22 10:43 PM

Not sure how.
But I ran across this thread again,
The car has basically remained unchanged except burnt thru a lot of gas , and I mean A LOT. Ive put right at 8000 miles on it in a tad over 18 months . Its been to Phoenix area at least 3 times for shows / cruises .We took it to Show Low / PineTop area then on to Winslow last summer, All back roads no interstate hwy trip

Only change has been some basic maint work , underhood detailing. and redline radials .

I did recently pick up a red 67 Coronet hardtop a while back and just yesterday made a deal to buy a pale yellow 1966 Satellite ( although a measly 383 auto ) So pretty good odds the Coronet will go up for sale the next month or so

I Need garage space

Attached picture left-side.JPG
Attached picture DVS-7-june22.jpg
Attached picture Talking-Sticks,2022.jpg
Posted By: SattyNoCar

Re: After nearly 18 months , Its MINE ,,,all MINE - 06/19/22 02:22 AM

All beautiful rides! I'm partial to the Satellites too.

Ive put right at 8000 miles on it in a tad over 18 months

Glad to see you're actually able to get the car out and enjoying it. Probably not too many can say they've put that many miles on their ride in that amount of time.

beer
Posted By: SomeCarGuy

Re: After nearly 18 months , Its MINE ,,,all MINE - 06/19/22 10:36 AM

I think you should buy a warehouse next and go for a set in all colors.
© 2024 Moparts Forums