Moparts

Save or toss these parts

Posted By: 318 Stroker

Save or toss these parts - 10/16/20 05:33 PM

I'm cleaning out my garage and came across old parts from 15 tears ago when I restored my 73 Challenger. I moved the bumpers in to look like a 72, so I have front and rear bumper brackets, and the huge chrome/rubber bumper guards, which have bad chrome but good rubber. Would there be any interest or value in any of these, or should I toss them, as I'm inclined to do?
Posted By: RobG

Re: Save or toss these parts - 10/16/20 05:40 PM

Post them in a few spots as "Free to good home". Someone may need them or pick them up - it's better then sending them to the landfill.
Posted By: SNK-EYZ

Re: Save or toss these parts - 10/16/20 05:40 PM

If you don't want to deal with trying to sell them, give the to Dan York or Clay and they can try selling them. twocents

Re: Save or toss these parts - 10/16/20 05:45 PM

Thanks Rob, I think I'll do that. I feel guilty trashing E-body parts, even though I don't need them. I'm cleaning out my garage in preparation for a move, and I've done a 180 in my thinking, from save-and-move it-mode to toss-it mode.
Posted By: wingman

Re: Save or toss these parts - 10/16/20 07:37 PM

I can't imagine anyone actually restoring and installing those huge, ugly things. But you never know--someone may want them.

And I'm sure that there are parts hoarders around who will take them off your hands...
Posted By: 71TA

Re: Save or toss these parts - 10/16/20 08:23 PM

I have a surface rusty E body dash frame that I bought years ago when i was going to put factory AC in my 71 Challenger. I grabbed it today to throw in the dumpster that I rented to clean up the shop and I just couldnt pitch it. They aren't stamping these things out anymore.

Re: Save or toss these parts - 10/16/20 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by SNK-EYZ
If you don't want to deal with trying to sell them, give the to Dan York or Clay and they can try selling them. twocents

Thanks Rich, that's probably what I will do.
© 2024 Moparts Forums