Moparts

Stabil what one?

Posted By: 340SIX

Stabil what one? - 10/03/20 11:50 PM

I want "Storage' but also want "Protection" since it has a Metal Tank so need 360. And here in La, we have to have 10% Ethanol in all our gas!
Should I get the Stabil Marine 360 that is Blue? Or use the Yellow 360 that says use now and also add Red to store? As in use both I assume they can be mixed? I have Red already but would like the stuff that is for Alky and Tanks as well?
Posted By: Sunroofcuda

Re: Stabil what one? - 10/04/20 12:42 AM

First recommendation is don't store it with any fuel with any ethanol in it. You should be able to find "recreational" fuel somewhere - it's got zero ethanol. Here's a link for the listings for stations in Louisiana - hopefully something near you: https://www.pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=LA
Posted By: topside

Re: Stabil what one? - 10/04/20 01:38 AM

There's a Lucas additive for ethanol that I use for my generator & mower, that's also for storage (stabilizer). Zero problems.
I've been using the red Stabil for years in the cars & truck that sit during the winter, they have regular pump 10% ethanol fuel in them, zero issues.
Posted By: BlueRacer69

Re: Stabil what one? - 10/04/20 01:44 AM

I agree with sunroofcuda. Try to find some rec. gas. ( recreational fuel ).
Posted By: 340SIX

Re: Stabil what one? - 10/04/20 02:08 AM

I keep 3 barrels at hurricane time and then use it in the cars to use it up. 100% gas is 2 to 3 times as much $.
Originally Posted by BlueRacer69
Posted By: Dcuda69

Re: Stabil what one? - 10/04/20 03:00 AM

ALL my stuff gets premium pump fuel(e10) and Seafoam. 1 oz/gal. Been doing that for years with zero fuel issues. I don't drain anything. Hell, I ran my weed wacker(Ryobi) half the summer on last years fuel. All my 50:1 2 stroke stuff is mixed out of the same fuel. Chain saw, weed wacker, leaf blower...2 stroke. Tractor, snow blower, pressure washer, log splitter all 4 stroke. Zero issues!!
Posted By: A12

Re: Stabil what one? - 10/04/20 08:34 AM

What are you storing or I should ask how much fuel does the tank hold? Did I miss what you are storing if so sorry. Reason I'm asking is if it is only a few gallons just go to any lawn and garden center and buy a couple of quarts or gallons of canned non-ethanol 92/93 octane gasoline and any Stabil, Seafoam, etc., and mix accordingly. There's True Fuel, VP, and even Stihl Motomix 2-stroke premix non-ethanol at 93 octane, good for a year opened and 3 year shelf life not opened. You should also be able to find non-ethanol marine fuel near any water or marina if you need a larger quantity.
Posted By: MI_Custumz

Re: Stabil what one? - 10/04/20 11:02 AM

I used to put the red Stabil in my snowblower until it gummed up the carb (Stabil has a shelf life). I now run recreation fuel in it. No issues since then as far as running. I use Startron to store stuff instead of Stabil now. I used to add Seafoam for storage, but now just add a bit in the small engines to run them dry, add fuel and put them in the shed. I add a tad of Startron to the jug I use for recreation fuel as a stabilizer. I would recommend Startron if using fuel with ethanol and second choice would be Seafoam. No experience with Stabil 360 or marine version.
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: Stabil what one? - 10/04/20 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by 340SIX
I keep 3 barrels at hurricane time and then use it in the cars to use it up. 100% gas is 2 to 3 times as much $.
Originally Posted by BlueRacer69
Not in Tulsa Oklahoma.
Easy to find and and if I remember correctly about the same price as E10 91 octane.
Posted By: BSB67

Re: Stabil what one? - 10/04/20 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by Dcuda69
................ I don't drain anything. Hell, I ran my weed wacker(Ryobi) half the summer on last years fuel. All my 50:1 2 stroke stuff is mixed out of the same fuel. Chain saw, weed wacker, leaf blower...2 stroke. Tractor, snow blower, pressure washer, log splitter all 4 stroke. Zero issues!!

Same, plus two mowers, two leaf blowers, two outboard motors, and an inboard. I use regular gas for most everything, and I don't add anything. I couldn't imagine even keeping track of what's got what and when. Hell, I've got 12 fuel cans.

Pulled my 68 GTS out in June. It sat since November 2015. No fuel additives when it went into storage. It started right and ran fine.
Posted By: 1fastrunner

Re: Stabil what one? - 10/05/20 01:47 AM

I've had the RoadRunner stored for over 2 years twice and used the red Stabil with no issues. They have a new one for Ethanol, haven't tried it yet.
Jim
© 2024 Moparts Forums