Moparts

Subways bread isn't bread

Posted By: Mr T2U

Subways bread isn't bread - 10/01/20 11:59 AM

i read this and laughed.

Subways Subs bread has to much sugar to be considered real bread according to the Ireland supreme court.
i never really cared for their subs. now i know why.

Subways bread isn't real bread.
Posted By: SRT6776

Re: Subways bread isn't bread - 10/01/20 12:14 PM

Those aren't real subs either, just something that kinda looks like one made with the cheapest ingredients humanly possible.
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: Subways bread isn't bread - 10/01/20 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by SRT6776
Those aren't real subs either, just something that kinda looks like one made with the cheapest ingredients humanly possible.

Agreed!.....ALL the "fast food" served in the last 30+ years has been pure crap... even more so the last decade, can't even find a decent pizza joint anymore
Posted By: not_a_charger

Re: Subways bread isn't bread - 10/01/20 01:24 PM

I haven't eaten fast food in 12 years. I'll never eat it again. puke I used to live on fast food, too. My go-to order at McD's was 3 double cheeseburgers, 3 large fries, large shake. I'd have that a few times a week. I'd hit up BK and Arby's regularly as well. Not anymore.
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: Subways bread isn't bread - 10/01/20 01:50 PM

Not a big deal to me as I have very little bread or sugar in my diet anyways.
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: Subways bread isn't bread - 10/01/20 01:52 PM

Just what everyone needs in their diet, more sugar!
Posted By: SRT6776

Re: Subways bread isn't bread - 10/01/20 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by 340Cuda
Just what everyone needs in their diet, more sugar!

Check the label on any pasta sauce jar, the sodium levels will make you wince
Posted By: Hugh Jorgan

Re: Subways bread isn't bread - 10/01/20 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by not_a_charger
My go-to order at McD's was 3 double cheeseburgers, 3 large fries, large shake. I'd have that a few times a week.

Wow! It's amazing you're still on this side of the dirt!
lol
Posted By: 340SIX

Re: Subways bread isn't bread - 10/01/20 02:42 PM

There was a guy who eat a quarter pounder with cheese every day for what was it 25years or something. He had the receipts
Originally Posted by Hugh Jorgan
My go-to order at McD's was 3 double cheeseburgers, 3 large fries, large shake. I'd have that a few times a week.

lol
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: Subways bread isn't bread - 10/01/20 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by SRT6776

Just as with McDonald's and every other fast food joint. Read the ingredients. It looks like the contents of a chemistry set made to look and taste like food.

I used to eat it everyday. Once I got away from it for a while, and would stop during a busy day for a sandwich or something, you realize how nasty it is. I can cook for myself and use whatever spicy ingredients I can stand and be fine. But an order of fries or a fast food burger gives me terrible heartburn now. It's the chemicals.

The crap used to be a cheap meal. Now, $8 for a halfa$$ sandwich and fries is stupid. I just don't do it.
Posted By: Sniper

Re: Subways bread isn't bread - 10/01/20 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by CMcAllister

Just as with McDonald's and every other fast food joint. Read the ingredients. It looks like the contents of a chemistry set made to look and taste like food.

Sounds like an impossible burger, lol. I had one, once. One taste of it and I was transported back in time about 30 years to when I was in the Navy, the ship was getting some yard work done at a civilian shipyard next to a kelp processing plant and that burger tasted just like what that kelp plant smelled like. Anyone that thinks that tastes like meat doesn't know what meat tastes like. It was also a big drier than a regular Whopper. Foitunately, I what a Texas double Whopper on stand by to remove hte taste of the kelp burger.
Posted By: BloFish

Re: Subways bread isn't bread - 10/01/20 03:35 PM

Oddly I have never eaten at Subway.
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: Subways bread isn't bread - 10/01/20 03:53 PM

Years ago I read they don't really have wheat bread either (not that it matters anymore because the wheat in this country is garbage wheat), they just use food dye in their white bread.

I'm the same as not_a_charger. No fast food. Fast food has been years and years. In fact, call me boring, but I don't eat out, period, other than a salad on rare occasions. I'll get a coffee out, and certainly not with someone else pouring.

There's a link in the story regarding a Dunkin Donuts work who left a load of mucus in a Police Officers coffee. I'd like to get my hands around his neck.

Re: Subways bread isn't bread - 10/01/20 03:59 PM

lol

It really is. That was 360 lb. me. 190 lb. me doesn't eat that crap. biggrin
Posted By: MONC

Re: Subways bread isn't bread - 10/01/20 04:54 PM

lol

Was curious what your weight was then vs now. Good deal up
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: Subways bread isn't bread - 10/01/20 05:57 PM

So? Animal crackers aren't animals and peanuts aren't nuts.

Re: Subways bread isn't bread - 10/01/20 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by MONC

lol

Was curious what your weight was then vs now. Good deal up

I was 165-170 for about 5 years. Started losing weight in 2008, got down to 162 within a year. Eventually burned out on the work required to maintain that weight, plus I was extremely tired all of the time. In 2014, I started to put healthy weight back on by design, got to 190, and have been there ever since. I eat right, and work out a lot, and I'm in better shape than most people half my age.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Subways bread isn't bread - 10/01/20 06:51 PM

Outstanding! What willpower that must have took! wave
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Subways bread isn't bread - 10/01/20 08:59 PM

That was interesting, I had no idea there was that much sugar in Subway bread. I eat a subway foot long once or twice a month. It isn't anything regular but if I'm stuck in some town that has a Subway I know what I like on the menu. I guess now I know to skip the cookie since the bread already has the cookie baked in.
Posted By: Powerflow

Re: Subways bread isn't bread - 10/01/20 09:41 PM

We go to Jersey Mike's because they use better ingredients. Try it sometime if you have one nearby.
Posted By: Neil

Re: Subways bread isn't bread - 10/01/20 09:47 PM

I eat at Subway maybe 2x a month, but I only get the 6" subs.

I've found that the local pizza places sell sandwiches that taste better than what you would expect. I've been going there for sandwiches more than Subway lately.
Posted By: jcc

Re: Subways bread isn't bread - 10/01/20 10:03 PM

I haven't eaten fast food in 12 years. I'll never eat it again. puke I used to live on fast food, too. My go-to order at McD's was 3 double cheeseburgers, 3 large fries, large shake. I'd have that a few times a week. I'd hit up BK and Arby's regularly as well. Not anymore.

Did your hair turn orange?

Sorry, couldn't resist. biggrin
Posted By: Mr T2U

Re: Subways bread isn't bread - 10/01/20 10:46 PM

never really cared for subway subs. i never really cared for the bread now i know why.
i usually don't eat fast food when i can help it.
when i am pressed for time i will order it. i usually would stop at wendys and get a grill chicken sandwich and a baked potato. i don't drink soda so i don't order it. i drink crystal light in small packages for a 16 oz water bottle.

lately i have been stopping at cousins and use a coupon. they have a online code for buy 1- 7 1/2" sub and either a order of fries or a bag of chops and a soda and get a free 7 1/2" sub. with the code pretzelmeal ( must use it as 1 word like i posted it)
i have only tried this online and found a error in the system and you just order 1 sub. add another sub then use the code to get a free sub. the extra items aren't required so it's basically a BOGO offer instead of having to order a meal.in my mind i think this is a pretty good deal. this code is valid thru 10/24
Posted By: moparjim79

Re: Subways bread isn't bread - 10/02/20 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by 340SIX
There was a guy who eat a quarter pounder with cheese every day for what was it 25years or something. He had the receipts

lol

A few things- 1, subway food is pure garbage, period. Prices are as much of a joke as the "food?" they push.

2- Back in 2003 or 2004, a movie called Super Size Me, a documentary, produced by a fellow named Morgan Spurlock i think, turned me.off from eating fast food for a good 15 years. No regrets there at all.

Also mentioned in this movie, and interviewed, was an individual who ate a big Mac everyday, for the last 20 years at the time the documentary was filmed. Surprisingly, dude looked like he weighed 100 lbs.

Jersey Mike's in my opinion has really good sandwiches. They are really fartin expensive though.
Posted By: mr_340

Re: Subways bread isn't bread - 10/02/20 01:20 AM

Anyone figured out what the smell is at a Subway? They all smell the same, not like the smell at a bakery that makes real bread.
Posted By: poorboy

Re: Subways bread isn't bread - 10/02/20 02:22 AM

If I didn't eat fast food, I'd probably starve to death. The starve to death thing could take a while though. whistling

I didn't get this body by taking care of it. I've gained about 115 lbs in the last 47 years, since I was 17 and wrestled in the 155lbs weight class (averages a gain of about 2 1/2 lbs a year). A good share of that weight gain was just after high school, and just after getting married. I stayed at the 210-215 for many years. My weight doesn't bounce up and down like a lot of peoples do, but did usually change up or down 10 lbs between winter (up) and summer (down). Watching my diet and exercising would probably help, were I inclined to do so, which I'm not. popcorn Gene
Posted By: moparjim79

Re: Subways bread isn't bread - 10/02/20 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by mr_340
Anyone figured out what the smell is at a Subway? They all smell the same, not like the smell at a bakery that makes real bread.

I thought I was the only one who noticed! It definitely does NOT smell like a bakery in those places.
Posted By: fc7_plumcrazy

Re: Subways bread isn't bread - 10/02/20 02:38 PM

I don't like subway and don't eat there.
But I do eat a lot of garbage.
My will to loose weight is simply not big enough to have a long term positive effect

Carsten
Posted By: 5thAve

Re: Subways bread isn't bread - 10/02/20 03:10 PM

I eat at subway maybe once every couple months but my go to is local sandwich places. But I've rarely gone to those places at all since Corona pandemic. Partially to avoid people but moreso because I've been working from home.

Subways here smell more like normal bakeries then ones I've been to in the US.
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: Subways bread isn't bread - 10/02/20 05:06 PM

It ain't only Subway.

https://www.insider.com/breads-high-in-sugar-2018-11
Posted By: John Brown

Re: Subways bread isn't bread - 10/02/20 05:29 PM

Condiment catsup is high in sugar, mustard is extremely low, if you're counting calories. Mayo is also high in calories, but that comes from fat, not sugar. The big fake out is when a product claims to be 'sugar free', but neglects to say that the fat content has been increased. Losing weight isn't impossible. Swapping out small things works wonder. Coffee, almost no calories if drunk black, soda pop, high in calories. Both can deliver needed caffeine. But no way I will drink 'sugar free' soda to avoid calories. Plain ole water any time over sugar free soda.
Posted By: fullonmopar

Re: Subways bread isn't bread - 10/07/20 06:10 AM

Our Subways in Australia have 'Doctors Association' written on the wrappers, who ever they are, just gives Subway that bit of false legitimatise, they have also been done by the government down under for under paying young staff, they are up for five years back pay after a court decision.
Posted By: Magnumguy

Re: Subways bread isn't bread - 10/07/20 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by CMcAllister
[quote=SRT6776]

And we wonder why we have so many cases of cancers
Posted By: Not_A_Duster

Re: Subways bread isn't bread - 10/07/20 07:33 PM

I eat Subway a lot when I'm travelling on business....It's cheap, available in any town & generally healthier than other fast food options. It's also quick, which is important when every moment on the road not in front of customers is not earning me revenue.

So despite the high sugar content in the bread, I'll probably continue to eat it....although I can say that when I have a few extra moments, I'll get them to make me one of their salads instead of a sammich...
Posted By: Exit1965

Re: Subways bread isn't bread - 10/07/20 08:29 PM

I've never noticed the bread being especially sweet tasting. I guess cinnamon raisin bread, Kings hawaiian bread and others aren't breads either, unless somehow subway has more sugar per oz and yet isn't nearly as sweet.
© 2024 Moparts Forums