Moparts

OT Ceiling Fan

Posted By: jcc

OT Ceiling Fan - 08/14/20 01:03 PM

I installed my first DC motor ceiling residential fan last weekend.
I like its 50,000hr LED dimmable light, its 9 fan speeds, its supposed to use only 40% of the power of a typical fan, its quiet, and has a wireless remote for all features.
Down side, its over double the typical fan cost, and it remains to be seen how reliable.

So far I like boogie
Posted By: BloFish

Re: OT Ceiling Fan - 08/14/20 05:01 PM

I have a few of these, https://www.bigassfans.com/fans/haiku/ in different models and love them.
Posted By: Mr PotatoHead

Re: OT Ceiling Fan - 08/14/20 06:29 PM

I must ask, what the heck does a 9 speed fan have over a 3 speed fan other then 6 more possible issues.

Great review, Mr Yelp.

Originally Posted by jcc
I like its 50,000hr LED dimmable light, its 9 fan speeds, its supposed to use only 40% of the power of a typical fan, its quiet, and has a wireless remote for all features.
Down side, its over double the typical fan cost, and it remains to be seen how reliable.

So far I like boogie

Posted By: wingman

Re: OT Ceiling Fan - 08/14/20 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Potatohead
I must ask, what the heck does a 9 speed fan have over a 3 speed fan other then 6 more possible issues.

Great review, Mr Yelp.

Attached picture this-one-goes-to-eleven.jpg
Posted By: 5thAve

Re: OT Ceiling Fan - 08/14/20 09:07 PM

$1,200 fans, 9 speeds.. holy crap. The one in my living room might have even been under $40 and while it has 3 speeds the chain hardly ever gets pulled to change it.
Posted By: jcc

Re: OT Ceiling Fan - 08/14/20 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Potatohead

Great review, Mr Yelp.

Originally Posted by jcc

So far I like boogie

Kinda like asking what mileage a 512 Ferrari gets
On a 3 speed low is almost useless, mid blows the paper off my desk, and on a nine speed, I got 2-3 speeds between to chose from.
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: OT Ceiling Fan - 08/15/20 06:07 PM

9 speed is comparable to having a variable speed dial fan I would suppose, which was common on a wall switch. He got a remote one, so probably why so many speeds. You get it right where you want it. I'm shopping for one for my dad right now. He has lamps on both sides of his chair and no room on his tables next to him, so I want to combine lights and fan.
© 2024 Moparts Forums