Moparts

New Corvette

Posted By: fourgearsavoy

New Corvette - 08/13/20 01:23 AM

I've been seeing a few new Vettes on the road lately and I must say they are very cool. It's hard to believe that they are an "American" made car as they clearly look like a Lambo or Ferrari work
I hope they sell a ton of them as I like seeing cool cars on the road being driven up

Gus beer
Posted By: DirectSubjection

Re: New Corvette - 08/13/20 02:41 AM

I really like it too up

The Philadelphia auto show had one back on display back in February - little did I know its the only auto show I could attend this year. Big improvement over the tacky looking last model.
Posted By: 56_Royal_Lancer

Re: New Corvette - 08/13/20 11:03 AM

A friend of mine got one in that wild blue - sort of Chevy's version of "Petty blue". All the options and carbon fiber trim including a big rear wing. I agree, it's cool to see cars like this mixed into regular traffic.
Posted By: not_a_charger

Re: New Corvette - 08/13/20 11:21 AM

Love 'em.
Posted By: moparjim79

Re: New Corvette - 08/13/20 01:09 PM

Saw one yesterday in a dark bronze metallic color. Absolutely awesome
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: New Corvette - 08/13/20 03:34 PM

The 2020s sold out not to long after they were introduced.

They are an outstanding value for that type of car.
Posted By: screamindriver

Re: New Corvette - 08/13/20 09:50 PM

I'd take one over anything made in the US at this time...I'm thinking of trading in my 2019 Camaro SS {only 4000 mi on the clock} and going for a black one like this..

Attached picture new Corvette.jpg
Posted By: tboomer

Re: New Corvette - 08/13/20 10:10 PM

That looks nice!
Posted By: dOrk !

Re: New Corvette - 08/13/20 11:46 PM

Me thimks I GUS (guess) that everyone here is a cHeEzY Chebby guy now ? tsk

So what’s the base price on one of these ? ...I looked on eBay and it seems most are going to sell for north of 100k$ eek
Posted By: tboomer

Re: New Corvette - 08/14/20 12:03 AM

Didn't say I was a Chevy guy Doc...I said it looked nice...Kinda like your Asian ladies...fun to look at but I really don't want to drive either one.... apimp

Re: New Corvette - 08/14/20 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by Noble Crusader
Me thimks I GUS (guess) that everyone here is a cHeEzY Chebby guy now ? tsk

So what’s the base price on one of these ? ...I looked on eBay and it seems most are going to sell for north of 100k$ eek

Base price for the coupe is $60K

Re: New Corvette - 08/14/20 12:24 AM

Wow!!

Attached picture Screenshot (30).png
Attached picture Screenshot (31).png
Attached picture Screenshot (25).png

Re: New Corvette - 08/14/20 12:40 AM

Cool - $85K at the level I chose

Attached picture Screenshot (35).png
Attached picture Screenshot (36).png
Attached picture Screenshot (37).png

Re: New Corvette - 08/14/20 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by tboomer
Didn't say I was a Chevy guy Doc...I said it looked nice...Kinda like your Asian ladies...fun to look at but I really don't want to drive either one.... apimp

Ok t ... but yur still cHeEzY though ! grin

And don’t knock DRIVIN an Asian babe !! smoke

Re: New Corvette - 08/14/20 12:56 AM

Yo DS .... what are those options and costs ?

Major money !

Re: New Corvette - 08/14/20 01:12 AM

Yo DS .... what are those options and costs ?

Major money !

I forget - things like the Z51 sport package, added stripes, rocker extensions, expensive wheels, high cost leather interior, transparent roof covers
Posted By: rrbrucea

Re: New Corvette - 08/14/20 01:45 PM

For those who would love to have one of these Vettes in their garage, here's a chance to own one at far less than the usual price of admission. All while supporting a really worthwhile organization—The National Sprint Car Hall of Fame in Knoxville, Iowa.

Working against my own self interest here, cuz yes, I've already bought tickets. Drawing will be at 10 PM tomorrow night. Good luck!

https://sprintcarhof.tapkat.org/win...lZ_jxQrHYfNbrDg6AF2rZ1azLPEfyNT7pySGY_24

Re: New Corvette - 08/14/20 01:46 PM

Paul Stanley (singer from KISS) just got a white one. He said he loves it. What's not to love? An incredible car at an incredible price point.
Posted By: 62maxwgn

Re: New Corvette - 08/14/20 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by tboomer

Ok t ... but yur still cHeEzY though ! grin

And don’t knock DRIVIN an Asian babe !! smoke

You got a problem with cHeEzY ? And I have more room than you! no beer

Attached picture PB120618.JPG
Posted By: moparx

Re: New Corvette - 08/14/20 03:58 PM

what do the row of switches down the passenger side of the console control ?
beer
Posted By: MONC

Re: New Corvette - 08/14/20 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by moparx
what do the row of switches down the passenger side of the console control ?
beer

EVERYTHING ! grin
Posted By: calmopar

Re: New Corvette - 08/14/20 06:46 PM

Is that the "Pace Car" edition?
Posted By: jcc

Re: New Corvette - 08/14/20 09:53 PM

Ok, so its sexy, does it perform as well as it looks?

Re: New Corvette - 08/15/20 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by jcc
Ok, so its sexy, does it perform as well as it looks?

By all accounts I've read, yes.
Posted By: SattyNoCar

Re: New Corvette - 08/15/20 02:04 AM

Originally Posted by 56_Royal_Lancer
A friend of mine got one in that wild blue - sort of Chevy's version of "Petty blue". All the options and carbon fiber trim including a big rear wing. I agree, it's cool to see cars like this mixed into regular traffic.

Anyone follow Cleetus McFarland on YouTube? He just got a blue one..........

Posted By: Mr PotatoHead

Re: New Corvette - 08/15/20 05:58 AM

Nice car, nice ford blue. I could of done without the skirt in the vid. He dont know it yet but its all down hill from here, even a 30 year gradual slope.
Posted By: 3hundred

Re: New Corvette - 08/15/20 12:23 PM

C8 Corvette Hoods are Opening at Speed
Imagine cruising down the road in your brand new C8 Corvette. You aren’t hammering the car, just moving along with traffic at 35 miles per hour when the hood pops open and completely obstructs your view. You didn’t touch the button to open the cover for the frunk, but it still opened.

Attached picture 38883405_3fc7_4390_b683_6d214d8d4d7d_8ba823e9f3d6f88ceacb2525f2963b481f604ae5_jpeg_4acabac687368edf1a5281a29cd8b16fcdd63a3c.jpg
Posted By: 2boltmain

Re: New Corvette - 08/15/20 12:26 PM

Looks like Chevy did a great job with the new Vette. I read they acknowledged their Corvette loyal base is and has been older-and wanted to reach that younger demographic (opposite of...cough cough Harley Davidson who is happy selling to old doods.) The new Vette looks awesome and will be successful in drawing in young buyers. Its a much better car than the Toyota/BMW Supra and better value. Affordability? With as long term as car financing can be that wont be a problem.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: New Corvette - 08/15/20 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Satilite73

Them cars be UGLY puke twocents
Every Corvette I've rode in or drove where not well constructed or assemble cars, DANG the UAW and GM designers down
Dodge Vipers are another, better story up scope
Posted By: Sunroofcuda

Re: New Corvette - 08/15/20 08:13 PM

I've been seeing these on the road now for almost a year - maybe the past 5 months without camo. I live about 12 miles from the GM Milford proving grounds. To me, they look over-styled & a bit funky. They do not look like "Corvette" to me - they look like a high-performance Nissan something. Rear half of the car looks very boxy. I don't know - they are cool, but they just do not scream Corvette. Seeing a photo is one thing, seeing what they look like going down the road is a whole nother story. I just can't really warm up to them.
Posted By: Matt M

Re: New Corvette - 08/16/20 01:32 PM

This is a Corvette to me....

327/365 4 Speed

Attached picture Larry's Corvette.JPG
Posted By: second 70

Re: New Corvette - 08/16/20 04:54 PM

Mine

Attached picture 09D29B4B-53A9-4DFB-965D-0272D6B34795.jpg
Posted By: second 70

Re: New Corvette - 08/16/20 04:57 PM

I have a friend still waiting on his to be built. It was suppose to be built on Feb. 8 but due to covid it's been delayed. 3 so far have arrived at our dealer.

Re: New Corvette - 08/17/20 07:17 PM

I mentioned earlier in this thread that my buddy just took delivery of his 2020 'Vette.It was supposed to have the big carbon fiber wing but it wasn't available when his was built so it has the standard wing. Off-white perforated leather. He stopped by today and we went for a ride. It's zippy!

Attached picture c82.jpg

Re: New Corvette - 08/17/20 07:19 PM

boogie

Attached picture c83.jpg
Posted By: 6bblgt

Re: New Corvette - 08/17/20 07:39 PM

a little off topic & price point, but .....
a friend stopped by on Sunday & took me for a ride in his new Taycan - very "ZIPPY" like a slot car

for a car that weighs 5246 pounds
eek

60 mph in 2.4 seconds and the quarter-mile in 10.5 at 130 mph
up

Attached picture 2020-porsche-taycan-123.jpg
Posted By: ChryCoGuy

Re: New Corvette - 08/18/20 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
Originally Posted by Satilite73

Them cars be UGLY puke twocents
Every Corvette I've rode in or drove where not well constructed or assemble cars, DANG the UAW and GM designers down
Dodge Vipers are another, better story up scope

For some reason I can't find a 2020 Viper on Dodge's website... work

For that matter, went to 2 local dealers a few weeks ago to look have a look at a Charger or Challenger (wanted an AWD daily driver), but all I saw was trucks, Jeeps, vans, 1 new V6 Challenger, and a couple of used Chargers and 300s. I guess the move away from cars is almost complete. It's OK, though, because the local Acura dealer had plenty of V6 AWD TLXs on the lot with great incentives... got one sitting in the driveway now - Stellantis lost out because I don't want to drive around in a slug of an SUV every day.

For the record, I've seen a few new Corvettes on the road and I like them, even though I prefer front engine rear drive configurations.
Posted By: 2fast4yourBrain

Re: New Corvette - 08/22/20 03:53 AM

Only looks good in black.

in other colors, not a fan of that black part on the rear intake.

I think it looks a little out of proportion in the rear where the intake sticks out as far as the rear fender.

Hence, I think the ONLY C8 I would like would be the upcoming Z06 or ZR1 w/bulging rear fenders.

And good gawd, the rear wing on the base car is just plain stupid looking.

Other than that, I saw the coupe and 'vert at SEMA 2019....I liked the 'vert better I think.

Still too much wheel gap. Needs lowering.
Posted By: abodyjoe

Re: New Corvette - 08/22/20 05:47 AM

i've seen a few around and think they look great. i'd drive the hell out of one.
Posted By: Kern Dog

Re: New Corvette - 08/22/20 08:56 AM

It is quite surprising to see so many nice words about a Chevrolet product from "Mopar" guys.
Every thread about a new Charger or Challenger has about a 50/50 brag versus complain ratio.
Posted By: ChryCoGuy

Re: New Corvette - 08/22/20 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Frankenduster
It is quite surprising to see so many nice words about a Chevrolet product from "Mopar" guys.
Every thread about a new Charger or Challenger has about a 50/50 brag versus complain ratio.

And what does that tell you?
Posted By: migsBIG

Re: New Corvette - 08/22/20 05:09 PM

Seen it as SEMA last year, loved it. Gonna wait a few years for the used ones to go down in price, then have a fun car that will have a bunch of aftermarket support for it. Currently, twin turbo's and carbon kits are the latest add-ons for the new Vette. Seen rendering of the new Viper for 2021, looks like an import racer designed it, plus the V-10 is not even an option.
Posted By: abodyjoe

Re: New Corvette - 08/22/20 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Frankenduster

yea i still don't like a 4 door charger and the looks of the challenger. so whats the point? just because i like my classic mopars doesn't mean i have to be a fan boy of the new stuff fiat is building. the power they are making is cool. just not the cars themselves for me.
© 2024 Moparts Forums