Moparts

FCA + PSA = STELLANTIS

Posted By: KISSAlien

FCA + PSA = STELLANTIS - 07/15/20 09:26 PM

And no my caps lock wasn't stuck on: https://www.autoblog.com/2020/07/15/stellantis-fca/
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: FCA + PSA = STELLANTIS - 07/15/20 09:31 PM

Wow, first time Chrysler has not been in the name. I bet Walter P is at high RPM in the grave.

I like the name, just not for this company.

This and cancelling Drag Week in the same day, not sure I can take it. :-)
Posted By: Mr PotatoHead

Re: FCA + PSA = STELLANTIS - 07/15/20 09:32 PM

Start building your charging station.
Posted By: A39Coronet

Re: FCA + PSA = STELLANTIS - 07/15/20 11:31 PM

This is all I could think about when I heard...

https://youtu.be/cLQRKnZ2cK8
Posted By: Alaskan_TA

Re: FCA + PSA = STELLANTIS - 07/16/20 12:16 AM

The Chrysler, Dodge & Plymouth parent company we all know and love all died a long time ago. twocents
Posted By: vinnyd76

Re: FCA + PSA = STELLANTIS - 07/16/20 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by Alaskan_TA
The Chrysler, Dodge & Plymouth parent company we all know and love all died a long time ago. twocents

What about Bob? Where's Bob Eaton these days?
Posted By: That AMC Guy

Re: FCA + PSA = STELLANTIS - 07/16/20 03:43 AM

Wow. That sucks. But can't say it really comes as a surprise. Beginning of the end began in 1998.
Posted By: Dcuda69

Re: FCA + PSA = STELLANTIS - 07/16/20 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by Alaskan_TA

Agree. I still have my 69 B'cuda and it still draws attention every time I take it out but I have not owned a DD "Mopar" in almost 10 years. At this rate I may never have one again. Rip on me all you want but I currently have 3 late model Fords and all have been virtually trouble free. Time may change that but I'm not really in a hurry to buy anything from "Stellantis"
Posted By: 5thAve

Re: FCA + PSA = STELLANTIS - 07/16/20 05:21 AM

What a stupid name. And people thought the name FCA was bad. Guess it could be worse it could have been called Fiat Peugeot with no mention of Chrysler at all.
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: FCA + PSA = STELLANTIS - 07/16/20 10:57 AM

I'll have to get busy rebadging my old trucks.
Posted By: 360view

Re: FCA + PSA = STELLANTIS - 07/16/20 11:23 AM

They should have named it:

OldEuropeanFamilyMoney

OEFM ?

It is now controlled by and benefits the heirs of Fiat and Peugeot.

But more than 100% of the profits come from USA purchasers of petroleum fueled Jeep and Ram vehicles.

They have already admitted they are going to
use both Jeep/Ram fossil fuel vehicle profits
plus large negative interest rate European bond issues
to fund converting their vehicle production to battery operation.

It really is quite weird if you stop and analyze it.
Posted By: RCKTMN

Re: FCA + PSA = STELLANTIS - 07/16/20 11:32 AM

I think I just threw up a little in my mouth.
Posted By: BSharp

Re: FCA + PSA = STELLANTIS - 07/16/20 12:26 PM

It really does sound like something I should go demand my doctor prescribe for me to treat my moderate to severe case of _______.
Posted By: a12rag

Re: FCA + PSA = STELLANTIS - 07/16/20 01:17 PM

OMG . . . .well, it's a European company with only thought of ripping profits from North America (ram trucks, jeeps) . . . watch out Chrylser - only models are 300 and *gasp* Pacifica (who buys a major tarted up Dodge mini van ?? Not those buying a Dodge mini van) . . . . yes, sad state of affairs . . .
Posted By: RobG

Re: FCA + PSA = STELLANTIS - 07/16/20 01:31 PM

Once again the sign makers will get rich as they change signs for the 3rd time in 13 years (Daimlerchrysler/Cerberus/FCA)

The big question here is : between the 3 companies (Fiat/Chrysler/Peugeot), which of the technology centers will close up? The bean counters will surely want to save money and there is no need for 3 engineering centers.
Posted By: 6PakBee

Re: FCA + PSA = STELLANTIS - 07/16/20 01:50 PM

And just when I thought it couldn't get any worse......
Posted By: PLUM_72

Re: FCA + PSA = STELLANTIS - 07/16/20 02:21 PM

So now we all have Stella cars? Will it now be the Carlisle Stella Nationals?...

Not a fan...

Attached picture stella.jpg
Posted By: PLUM_72

Re: FCA + PSA = STELLANTIS - 07/16/20 02:25 PM

New meaning to having a few Stella's...

Attached picture download.jpg
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: FCA + PSA = STELLANTIS - 07/16/20 03:34 PM

Leaving emotion aside for a minute, I still think it's the most ridiculous marketing move! And they are known for them. They couldn't keep a Chrysler name for marketing in the USA? Such a dumb move, and typical for what we've seen lately. Like getting rid of the beautiful and recognizable Pentastar.

Keep driving a once great company into the ground.
Posted By: AdventurerSport

Re: FCA + PSA = STELLANTIS - 07/16/20 04:55 PM

Sure, I'd rather they name it "Chrysler", but any name that starts with "Stell" can't be that bad, right? smile

Jeff Stellish, lifelong Chrysler fan

Re: FCA + PSA = STELLANTIS - 07/16/20 11:16 PM

The company has not had stability for over 20 years now. They've done everything to kill brand loyalty. Meanwhile, GM and Phord at least realize the blew oval and the blow tie are very recognizable symbols (I realize they are not parent company symbols but might as well be) and have much to do with brand loyalty. We don't have "Dodge" trucks anymore, we don't have the Pentastar, now we don't even have Chrysler! What's next? No more Mopar? That would certainly follow patterns. These foreign company advertising and marketing companies apparently know nothing about marketing in USA, assuming they are the ones making these decisions.
Posted By: SattyNoCar

Re: FCA + PSA = STELLANTIS - 07/16/20 11:28 PM

What's next? No more Mopar?

Hasn't it pretty much already happened before this? shruggy
Posted By: 5thAve

Re: FCA + PSA = STELLANTIS - 07/17/20 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by Satilite73

What's next? No more Mopar?

Hasn't it pretty much already happened before this? shruggy

Fiat used the mopar name for all it's parts brands and used it overseas for their service brand too so at least they cared a little bit. Or cheap enough to use a name and logo they already owned hop
Posted By: SRT6776

Re: FCA + PSA = STELLANTIS - 07/17/20 08:54 AM

Not sure it'll make it another 10 years intact, jeep and ram trucks are paying for everything over there and the high priced dodge stuff to a degree but I can't see those supporting Fiat trash as well as 3-4 French trash brands now as well. Unless the CEO is an ultra super rock star the whole thing will crumble, and they know that. This is just a bank account merger for longevity, for how long it'll last, well.
Posted By: maximus

Re: FCA + PSA = STELLANTIS - 07/17/20 11:10 AM

I heard by buying Fiat Chrysler it will become the largest auto manufacturing company in the World. I just hope my pension check keeps coming.
Posted By: Mr T2U

Re: FCA + PSA = STELLANTIS - 07/17/20 11:21 AM

not even close to the largest. would jump to #3 above Hyundai/ KIA passing both GM and Ford.
according to the linked article Toyota made 10,466,051 cars and trucks.
VW made 10,382,334

FCA made 4,600,847 and PSA made 3,649,742. so if merged the total would be 8,250,589

worlds largest car / truck manufacturers

Re: FCA + PSA = STELLANTIS - 07/17/20 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by maximus
I heard by buying Fiat Chrysler it will become the largest auto manufacturing company in the World. I just hope my pension check keeps coming.
I hope it's properly funded and they keep coming as they should!
Posted By: moparx

Re: FCA + PSA = STELLANTIS - 07/17/20 04:15 PM

does that mean a retro Citroen 2 CV with a hellcat or red eye engine is in the works ? whistling laugh2
beer
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: FCA + PSA = STELLANTIS - 07/18/20 04:11 AM

So Mopar is partially owned by the Chicoms now. How nice.

Re: FCA + PSA = STELLANTIS - 07/18/20 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by CMcAllister

So what makes you say that?

Am I missing something?

Re: FCA + PSA = STELLANTIS - 07/18/20 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by 340Cuda

Am I missing something?

Google - DONGFENG PEUGEOT

NOTHING happens in China that isn't owned by the Chicoms.

China has owned a stake in Peugeot for a few years.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: FCA + PSA = STELLANTIS - 07/19/20 12:15 PM

What I got from a quick skim of a Wiki page: Peugeot Citroën tried to get in to the chinese market and the only way they could make it work was to partner with a chinese company. China wasn't down with built in france and exported so the end of the arm twisting was PSA vehicles built in china with chinese parts. Probably kinda how toyatos get built in Ohio with of course a communist twist. There was also mention of PSA vehicles being rebadged as a chinese brand. Kinda like mitsubishis being sold as Dodges. I stop skimming around the point where it talked about the chinese part of the joint venture buying a stake in the parent company, aka PSA france. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if some chinese company already owned a piece of FCA before this latest sell out.

Crystal ball says never mind the Mahindra hassle, chinese built jeeps will be coming soon.
Posted By: basketcase

Re: FCA + PSA = STELLANTIS - 07/19/20 01:00 PM

Peugeot....the people who brought you this fine automobile....

Attached picture Screen-Shot-2016-07-05-at-10.27.01-AM.png

Re: FCA + PSA = STELLANTIS - 07/19/20 02:16 PM

Am I missing something?

Google - DONGFENG PEUGEOT

NOTHING happens in China that isn't owned by the Chicoms.

China has owned a stake in Peugeot for a few years.
The way I read it is that Peugeot is in a partnership with the Chinese. I don't see where the Chinese own any of Peugeot and now Stellantis.

Re: FCA + PSA = STELLANTIS - 07/20/20 04:00 AM

The way I read it is that Peugeot is in a partnership with the Chinese. I don't see where the Chinese own any of Peugeot and now Stellantis.

Wrong. The Chicoms own everything in China. They own a piece as well as the French government. China is also deeply involved in Italy.

If you thought it couldn't get any worse than being owned by a dumpster fire like Fiat, you were wrong. It's like your sister running away with gypsies and commies. At least with Daimler, there was an element of being owned by someone who produced some classy, quality vehicles rather than clown cars.

Re: FCA + PSA = STELLANTIS - 07/20/20 02:40 PM

Wrong. The Chicoms own everything in China. They own a piece as well as the French government. China is also deeply involved in Italy.

If you thought it couldn't get any worse than being owned by a dumpster fire like Fiat, you were wrong. It's like your sister running away with gypsies and commies. At least with Daimler, there was an element of being owned by someone who produced some classy, quality vehicles rather than clown cars.

Can you show me anything credible that shows that the Chinese government or any Chinese company owns a significant part of Stellantis?

Not joint ventures or partnerships, but the Stellantis Corporation?

Re: FCA + PSA = STELLANTIS - 07/20/20 05:26 PM

Peugeot and FCA are now Stillantis. So if you owned a piece of Peugeot, do you now own a piece of Stillantis?

That's France and China at the top of the list.

Attached picture Screenshot_2020-07-20 PEUGEOT Shareholders Board Members Managers and Company Profile FR0000121501 MarketScreener.png

Re: FCA + PSA = STELLANTIS - 07/20/20 05:46 PM

FCA has (had) it's own shareholders as well who will own a stake in the new entity.

My point is - the CCP now owns a piece Chrysler, or what used to be Chrysler - but who are still building Dodge, Ram, Jeep, etc and are what's left of Ma Mopar.
Posted By: FM3_1970

Re: FCA + PSA = STELLANTIS - 07/20/20 05:48 PM

Dongfeng got a 12.5 % stake in PSA as part of the joint-venture deal. Given the terms of the FCA and PSA merger, that would give it about a 6.25% share in Stellantis.

https://www.livemint.com/auto-news/...se-major-shareholder-11572546271661.html

However, Dongfeng had already agreed to lower its stake in PSA prior to the merger, so it will probably end up with about 4.5 %, giving it about a 2.25% share in Stellantis. Not sure if it's mentioned in link, but I think Peugeot family made chance to increase stake in Stellantis conditional to approving of merger, with shares likely to come from Donfeng.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...sale-to-smooth-mega-merger-idUSKBN1YN1JG

I wouldn't consider a less than 3% share significant, despite what first article I linked says. twocents More interesting to me is that Stellantis will be incorporated in the Netherlands, which will technically, sort of, make Chrysler a Dutch company. work Guess Walter wouldn't mind too much; one of the things we have in common is Dutch ancestry (the other is that I use his photo, disguised as a Blues Brother, as my profile pic).

wave
Posted By: TJP

Re: FCA + PSA = STELLANTIS - 07/21/20 12:28 AM

This is exactly why I have avoided buying anything from them. The company IMO is too unstable and will sooner or later completely disappear twocents

Re: FCA + PSA = STELLANTIS - 07/21/20 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by TJP
This is exactly why I have avoided buying anything from them. The company IMO is too unstable and will sooner or later completely disappear twocents
This is the first time I've started to believe this very well may happen.

Holding on to my V8 rear drive Mopars, tighter than ever before.
© 2024 Moparts Forums