Moparts

Florida SAFE DRIVER label ?

Posted By: dOc !

Florida SAFE DRIVER label ? - 06/30/20 02:14 AM

FINALLY ditched my Meeeeeechigan drivers license for a Florida one .....

..... and I’m now labeled a SAFE DRIVER? ...how is that determined ? Does the Florida DMV has access to all ticket and accident data ? Ive been a VERY GOOD BOY !
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: Florida SAFE DRIVER label ? - 06/30/20 10:29 AM

Of course they have access. Otherwise if your license was suspended or revoked you could just go to another state and get a license.
Posted By: John Brown

Re: Florida SAFE DRIVER label ? - 06/30/20 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Guitar Jones
Of course they have access. Otherwise if your license was suspended or revoked you could just go to another state and get a license.

My seester was secretary at a Florida insurance agency years back. At that time, she said Florida didn't swap information with Indiana and Arizona, the two states that I had drivers licences from at the time. Of course, things may have changed since then.
Posted By: jcc

Re: Florida SAFE DRIVER label ? - 06/30/20 03:01 PM

Its right up there with an Ebay "AAAAA+++++++++" feedback rating. eyes
Posted By: BH27G1B

Re: Florida SAFE DRIVER label ? - 06/30/20 03:25 PM

One of the best things I did when we bought a house in FL was ditch my MA license ang get one from Florida. It's a CDL Class A license and good for 8 years, plus we could homestead the FL house saving tax money.

Re: Florida SAFE DRIVER label ? - 06/30/20 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by BH27G1B
One of the best things I did when we bought a house in FL was ditch my MA license ang get one from Florida. It's a CDL Class A license and good for 8 years, plus we could homestead the FL house saving tax money.
eek work

If that is a capital gain from a previous homestead sale, that would apply in any state, welcome and turn off your blinkers and stay to right except to pass. biggrin

Posted By: Runner2go

Re: Florida SAFE DRIVER label ? - 06/30/20 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by jcc
eek work

If that is a capital gain from a previous homestead sale, that would apply in any state, welcome and turn off your blinkers and stay to right except to pass. biggrin

Pretty sure FL gives you a discount on yearly Property Taxes after 5yrs of residency.
(Not sure if it's for everyone, or old timers discount)
License being a good step 1... biggrin
Posted By: BH27G1B

Re: Florida SAFE DRIVER label ? - 06/30/20 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by jcc
eek work

We didn't sell the MA home, as we just snowbird for the winter.

Re: Florida SAFE DRIVER label ? - 07/01/20 12:11 AM

You are getting into a grey area regarding tax purposes and legal residency, I'll stay out of this.

Re: Florida SAFE DRIVER label ? - 07/01/20 12:29 AM

on topic you apimp !

BUT SOME have raised some interesting side bars ....

Here’s the pic ...

Attached picture B6D697F4-B50F-4514-8070-D6F2EEFCB760.png
Posted By: poorboy

Re: Florida SAFE DRIVER label ? - 07/01/20 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by Doc Fiberglass..
FINALLY ditched my Meeeeeechigan drivers license for a Florida one .....

..... and I’m now labeled a SAFE DRIVER? ...how is that determined ? Does the Florida DMV has access to all ticket and accident data ? Ive been a VERY GOOD BOY !

All that means is you haven't gotten in an accident, or gotten a ticket in Florida yet, or at least it hasn't shown up at the DMV yet. Give them time, all your stuff will catch up with you.

My mother just turned 82 and IL gave her a license for another 2 years, that scares me more then a little, but the thought of her getting one for another 8 years would scare me a lot more!
I guess that is just one more reason I don't want to go to Florida any more. Gene

Re: Florida SAFE DRIVER label ? - 07/01/20 12:44 AM

NO STUFF ... to catch up to me !

Re: Florida SAFE DRIVER label ? - 07/01/20 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by Runner2go
Originally Posted by jcc
eek work

Pretty sure FL gives you a discount on yearly Property Taxes after 5yrs of residency.

Nope. You have to be a permanent resident and it has to be your primary home. Which means you have to live here for at least 6 months and a day.

Re: Florida SAFE DRIVER label ? - 07/01/20 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by John Brown

My seester was secretary at a Florida insurance agency years back. At that time, she said Florida didn't swap information with Indiana and Arizona, the two states that I had drivers licences from at the time. Of course, things may have changed since then.

Many years back but the MADD crowd got that fixed years ago so now I believe most if not all of the states share now. Computers and the internet made it easy

Re: Florida SAFE DRIVER label ? - 07/01/20 02:46 AM

INTERESTING side note ... when I was comparison shopping for insurance.... after TWO CALLS ... I didn’t have to give much info on me or the car .. THEY ALREADY KNEW IT !
Posted By: Runner2go

Re: Florida SAFE DRIVER label ? - 07/01/20 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by Runner2go
Originally Posted by jcc
eek work

Nope. You have to be a permanent resident and it has to be your primary home. Which means you have to live here for at least 6 months and a day.

Well "Residency" does assume you are saying you live there enough to meet requirements. biggrin
Oct 1 - April 2 .... Let 'um prove otherwise. whistling

Keep the house in the north for the summer months... when it's hot as balls in FL
© 2024 Moparts Forums