Moparts

color change

Posted By: copchaser

color change - 06/20/20 02:27 PM

I've decided to repaint my 70 GTX. It's a V code 4 speed car, originally F4 green. It's been orange for 20 plus years. Last fall I decided to drop a 512 hemi in it, and now I'm mini tubbing the old girl. Here's the question, should I paint it vitamin C? hemi orange? or plum crazy? I know it's my car and my decision, just curious on public opinion. Just having a very difficult time making up my mind.
Posted By: Jim_Lusk

Re: color change - 06/20/20 03:26 PM

You've already modified farther than I would a V-code, so pick the color you like and go for it. The car will never be original again so the color doesn't really matter.
Posted By: stumpy

Re: color change - 06/20/20 04:00 PM

If you are doing a total repaint why limit yourself to the two most used colors.
Posted By: copchaser

Re: color change - 06/20/20 04:34 PM

I can always return the car back to stock. Yes, it will be a complete color change. It's very close to being ready for paint. Those three colors are the colors that I feel would look good on it. Just not sure yet, lol.
Posted By: topside

Re: color change - 06/20/20 04:48 PM

Mini-tubs are rather hard to return to stock, but to each his own.
I guess if I was going to change colors, I'd pick a color I really liked, or one not common but not too weird.
If you want to visually minimize the car's size, darker colors will do that, but require more upkeep than light colors.
Posted By: BDW

Re: color change - 06/20/20 06:18 PM

With a 512 Hemi, it’s got to be Hemi Orange!
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: color change - 06/20/20 09:08 PM

Black......

Attached picture blackgtx.JPG
Attached picture blackgtx2.JPG
Attached picture blackgtxx.JPG
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: color change - 06/20/20 09:21 PM

Im not one to condone a color change.
BUT, in this case I dont think it will hurt it.

That said, Black , ALL Black is beautiful. I used to own a black 1970 Roadrunner v code 4 spd car
Was a major pain to keep clean, but man it looked killer when it was.

Attached picture black70GTX.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums