Moparts

Going to Carlisle- check with your hotel

Posted By: NHCharger

Going to Carlisle- check with your hotel - 06/19/20 12:48 AM

I was planning on calling my hotel on Monday to ask about any protocol they will have in place due to the virus. Well they beat me to it, they emailed me today, they're closed, at least through July. They offered to put me up at either of their two sister hotels for the same price just down the street. I just google earthed them, as I thought. No trailer parking. Between this and the lawsuit BS I may just throw in the towel on the show this year.

So make sure you call sooner than later to check on your reservations.
Posted By: moparts

Re: Going to Carlisle- check with your hotel - 06/19/20 02:05 AM

Tell us what Hotel it was ?

Like last year one had closed and no one told all the people with reservations
Posted By: 71charger

Re: Going to Carlisle- check with your hotel - 06/19/20 02:18 AM

If you can handle a 45 minute commute to the fairgrounds, the Country Inn and Suites at the Gettysburg outlets seems to have loads of parking.
Posted By: Roadcuda

Re: Going to Carlisle- check with your hotel - 06/19/20 05:48 AM

You could check with Carlisle and ask about on site parking. IIRC it's 20 bucks. That;s what I've been doing and have had no issues with leaving my rig there for the weekend.
Posted By: 69bfan

Re: Going to Carlisle- check with your hotel - 06/19/20 01:12 PM

In anticipation of a record turnout for the 50th anniversary of the 70 model year, the onsite hillside parking was moved to the campground area next to the fire department. It is still relative close to the gate entrance and does offer security for your trailer and tow vehicle. With the down turn of vendors, spectators and the such, they may decide to offer the onsite parking once again. Either way, you will need to check with the event staff.
Posted By: NHCharger

Re: Going to Carlisle- check with your hotel - 06/19/20 08:01 PM

Tom, it's the Hampton Inn and Suites, Ritter road, Mechanicsburg. I emailed back and forth with Jason from Hilton, he was great to deal with. As you can see from his reply they will have the large parking lot in front of the Hampton Inn open for truck and trailer parking. The two hotels they offered to move me to are right across the street so we are talking about a one minute walk.

Terry- The drive from the hotel to the fairgrounds is half the fun, unless you're trying to out run a downpour.

Good Afternoon Brian -

I confirmed with my superior that we are still allowing Hampton's lower lot to be open during the Carlisle Car Show July 9-12. You would be able to park your 24' trailer and other vehicle in their lot throughout the duration of your stay.

Best,

Jason

Jason Schultz, CHA | Area Director of Sales & Marketing | West Region
Homewood Suites by Hilton Harrisburg West | Hampton Inn by Hilton Harrisburg West
TownePlace by Marriott Harrisburg West | Hampton Inn by Hilton York | Homewood Suites by Hilton Reading
5001 Ritter Rd | Mechanicsburg, PA 17055
High Hotels Ltd. | Lancaster, PA
e. jschultz@highhotels.com
p. 717.697.4900 | d. 717.796.8606

www.highhotels.com
Posted By: moparts

Re: Going to Carlisle- check with your hotel - 06/19/20 09:11 PM

Fairfield Inn & Suites Carlisle

South end of Carlisle is open and confirmed
© 2024 Moparts Forums