Moparts

Tom Race - RT Specialties

Posted By: 71pettyblue

Tom Race - RT Specialties - 06/15/20 04:51 PM

Hi All,
I placed an online order with Tom, paid with Paypal on May 28th; but haven't received the parts, no email responses and no one answers the phone. Does anyone know why the "Clipologist" doesn't respond?
Thanks,
Tony
Posted By: burdar

Re: Tom Race - RT Specialties - 06/15/20 05:00 PM

He doesn't have any employees. He does everything himself. Lots of people have complained over the years that he's hard to get ahold of. When I've placed orders in the past, I've always used the payment option to have him call you to finalize the order. That way he HAS to call you. Keep trying his phone. I wouldn't be worried just yet. Maybe a part was back ordered. He should call and tell you that but he doesn't always do that.
Posted By: formula_s

Re: Tom Race - RT Specialties - 06/15/20 05:02 PM

That's typical of him. He's a one man band, keep trying on the phone you should get through.

Re: Tom Race - RT Specialties - 06/15/20 05:04 PM

I called Tom last year and he answered. This time I figured I would just order online since the parts were in stock. I'll give him some time.
Posted By: 70gtx440dana

Re: Tom Race - RT Specialties - 06/15/20 05:12 PM

In addition, USPS mail is also crazy slow right now. Most of my packages are taking 1-2 weeks to arrive.

Re: Tom Race - RT Specialties - 06/15/20 07:16 PM

You're right, I've seen that 2X out of LA county since last month.

Re: Tom Race - RT Specialties - 06/15/20 10:06 PM

I don't know if it's just coincidence, but I got an email from Stamps.com, Tom shipped my parts today and the package will be here Thursday. I'm sending him a personal note of THANKS!.
Tony
Posted By: klunick

Re: Tom Race - RT Specialties - 06/17/20 02:53 AM

Tom is actually a great guy and loves to talk. As others have said, he does it all by himself. Called him several years ago and I bet we talked for 45 minutes. Finally, I was like, don't you have more important stuff to do than yap with me? lol He responded, ah, it's late so your the last one.
Posted By: mopglen

Re: Tom Race - RT Specialties - 06/17/20 03:52 PM

I just ordered parts from Tom and had them in 3 days. I have ordered many parts over the years with no problems. We get along great.
© 2024 Moparts Forums