Moparts

Mopar Nationals 2020

Posted By: Imrare

Mopar Nationals 2020 - 06/12/20 01:11 PM

This isn't a "tech" question but I'm trying to get a consensus from the Mopar Community.

I've been trying to get information related to the Mopar Nationals, Columbus OH in August and how the show may differ amid the Covid-19 virus and Social Distancing Guidelines. Has anyone heard if Ohio is fully open after the Covid-19 close-down? I have reviewed the Mopar Nationals web-site and it appears the latest update was February 19, 2020. I've sent emails to the Mopar Nationals recently asking these questions but have not received a response.

Has anyone heard, is it happening as usual? Has the Covid-19 changed anyone's mind about attending such a crowded event (not just at the show but the hotels, restaurants, etc.? Thank you for the feedback.
Posted By: burdar

Re: Mopar Nationals 2020 - 06/12/20 02:13 PM

I just made hotel reservations just in case. I can cancel up to the day before. Most of the hotels I looked at were all booked up for that weekend so it seems like people are still planning to go.
Posted By: RobG

Re: Mopar Nationals 2020 - 06/12/20 02:20 PM

Look at the Ohio Health Department website for business operation requirements for social distancing. Any event activities will be requires to follow these rules.
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Mopar Nationals 2020 - 06/12/20 03:50 PM

Haven't missed it since 1988 no damn virus will keep me from going... twocents
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: Mopar Nationals 2020 - 06/13/20 12:30 AM

My understanding is the Nats staff was / is waiting till a decision was / is made in regards as to whether Carlisle happens or not.
Posted By: SNK-EYZ

Re: Mopar Nationals 2020 - 06/13/20 07:06 AM

Jim Belinda has been posting on FB that at least for now it's still on.

I emailed him a couple days ago asking how it was looking, no response so far.

He is a member on here, but rarely posts.

We're planning on being there, we'll see what happens.

This will be my 36th year attending the Mopar Nats. drive
Posted By: Magnumguy

Re: Mopar Nationals 2020 - 06/13/20 02:27 PM

With the Ohio State Fair being cancelled, I'd be leery of high expectations. County fairs are cancelling as well.
Posted By: LimelightCuda

Re: Mopar Nationals 2020 - 06/13/20 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Rhinodart
Haven't missed it since 1988 no damn virus will keep me from going... twocents

The same here! No way am I missing it!!
Posted By: formula_s

Re: Mopar Nationals 2020 - 06/13/20 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Magnumguy
With the Ohio State Fair being cancelled, I'd be leery of high expectations. County fairs are cancelling as well.

The Ohio State Fair is the same week as The Nats, Don't see how local /state officials would allow a large event in that sewer called National Trail.

Re: Mopar Nationals 2020 - 06/14/20 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by formula_s
Originally Posted by Magnumguy

The Ohio State Fair is the same week as The Nats, Don't see how local /state officials would allow a large event in that sewer called National Trail.

The fair I thought was end of July or thereabouts. Did they reschedule? I had heard not too recent it'd been cancelled
Posted By: formula_s

Re: Mopar Nationals 2020 - 06/14/20 01:28 PM

Fair dates were 7/29 to 8/9, same weekend as the Nats.
Posted By: 05dakota

Re: Mopar Nationals 2020 - 06/19/20 04:00 PM

the good guys columbus show in july was cancelled also
Posted By: 05dakota

Re: Mopar Nationals 2020 - 06/21/20 03:51 PM

anyone have any followup? isnt the pre reg deadline next week?

Re: Mopar Nationals 2020 - 06/21/20 10:16 PM

My brother talked to a Nats Judge in the past few days.
the Nats is on exactly as scheduled
Posted By: 65pacecar

Re: Mopar Nationals 2020 - 06/22/20 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by gtx6970

Are you picking up a Hemi during the trip. The nasty heat and humidity will remind you of why you moved to Arizona :-)

Re: Mopar Nationals 2020 - 06/23/20 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by 65pacecar
Originally Posted by gtx6970

Are you picking up a Hemi during the trip. The nasty heat and humidity will remind you of why you moved to Arizona :-)

Thats my plan.
Posted By: TimS

Re: Mopar Nationals 2020 - 06/23/20 10:32 AM

Would surprise me if they didn't put the ax to it. Monster Mopar in Norwalk Ohio, initially scheduled for 2 weeks earlier, cancelled quite some time ago and it's a smaller event. Based on that, my thought it's just a matter of time for the Nationals. Too many people forming one in place with no control.
Posted By: drmopar

Re: Mopar Nationals 2020 - 06/23/20 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by TimS
Would surprise me if they didn't put the ax to it. Monster Mopar in Norwalk Ohio, initially scheduled for 2 weeks earlier, cancelled quite some time ago and it's a smaller event. Based on that, my thought it's just a matter of time for the Nationals. Too many people forming one in place with no control.

Monster Mopar cancelled because the track will not open all year. National Trail is open.

Re: Mopar Nationals 2020 - 06/23/20 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by drmopar

Monster Mopar cancelled because the track will not open all year. National Trail is open.

Oh. Didn't know that. Track shut down due to Covid or something else?
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: Mopar Nationals 2020 - 06/23/20 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by drmopar

Oh. Didn't know that. Track shut down due to Covid or something else?

Business decision.
Owner decided since he already lost 83 % of his revenue, it was better to cancel the whole season than be in limp mode.

https://www.dragzine.com/news/summit-motorsports-park-reportedly-not-opening-in-2020/#:~:text=Summit%20Motorsports%20Park%20President%20Bill,by%20the%20ongoing%20Coronavirus%20pandemic.
Posted By: 63CandyMatic

Re: Mopar Nationals 2020 - 06/23/20 04:30 PM

I'd be willing to wager with this recent spike in hospitalizations and increases in cases around the country, and how tough it would be to keep any kind of cleanliness/social distancing considering things like those overflowing porta-potties, there will NOT be a Mopar Nats this year.

I don't see how they could properly operate that particular venue safely without a lot of system changes.

If you're younger, and completely healthy, with very little serious complication risk, have at it, but if you know you have health and risk factors that might cause you serious bodily harm, this is exactly the kind of gathering you need to steer clear of at this time. The shoulder to shoulder proximity at the vendor and swap area would be prime breeding ground. Just my opinion.

Re: Mopar Nationals 2020 - 06/23/20 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by 63CandyMatic
I'd be willing to wager with this recent spike in hospitalizations and increases in cases around the country, and how tough it would be to keep any kind of cleanliness/social distancing considering things like those overflowing porta-potties, there will NOT be a Mopar Nats this year.

I don't see how they could properly operate that particular venue safely without a lot of system changes.

If you're younger, and completely healthy, with very little serious complication risk, have at it, but if you know you have health and risk factors that might cause you serious bodily harm, this is exactly the kind of gathering you need to steer clear of at this time. The shoulder to shoulder proximity at the vendor and swap area would be prime breeding ground. Just my opinion.

Or, if they do choose to hold it, it's going to be a very condensed version, but it's been shrinking down for a lot of years already if you've attended regularly over the decades.

Re: Mopar Nationals 2020 - 06/23/20 09:42 PM

I’ve missed one Mopar Nationals in 32 years. This will be my second one. I’m 61 with no health issues but believe in steering clear of this virus if at all possible. Same deal with the US Nationals in Indy. Let the people who don’t care about getting Covid have at it.

Just my 2 cents.
Posted By: cudatom

Re: Mopar Nationals 2020 - 06/24/20 01:38 AM

If the event is running I'll be there. Have been a spectator since the beginning and finally have an opportunity/time to be a participant.

Not really worried or concerned about covid-19. I worked in the field meeting contractors and customers daily in Chicago and New York from the start. Still kicking w/o a sniffle. I understand those with underlying conditions being nervous. Thats just not me.
Posted By: 67mprfan

Re: Mopar Nationals 2020 - 06/24/20 10:05 PM

It may still be a go but are they only going to allow racers and crew and ax the swap meet and car show part

Right now their only letting in racers and crew from my understanding
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Mopar Nationals 2020 - 06/25/20 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by 67mprfan
It may still be a go but are they only going to allow racers and crew and ax the swap meet and car show part

Right now their only letting in racers and crew from my understanding

Where did you hear that from? shruggy

Re: Mopar Nationals 2020 - 06/25/20 08:19 AM

Here a link to National Trails page on the Mopar Nationals. https://nationaltrailraceway.com/events/mopar-nationals/

It says nothing about axing anything at the Mopar Nationals.
Posted By: ThermoQuad

Re: Mopar Nationals 2020 - 06/25/20 08:21 AM

Seeing the nationals die from the virus is a fitting end for that mess.
Posted By: pushbutton

Re: Mopar Nationals 2020 - 06/25/20 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by ThermoQuad

A lot of people go and have a good time,I'd hate to see anything or anybody die from the virus.
Posted By: 67mprfan

Re: Mopar Nationals 2020 - 06/25/20 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by SNK-EYZ
Here a link to National Trails page on the Mopar Nationals. https://nationaltrailraceway.com/events/mopar-nationals/

It says nothing about axing anything at the Mopar Nationals.

Speculation on my part. that's all
Posted By: 68_661charger

Re: Mopar Nationals 2020 - 06/25/20 09:21 PM

I don't get why alot of people dog the Nats. Bathrooms and golf carts? You really want a large Mopar only show to fold? Not me.
Posted By: 71TA

Re: Mopar Nationals 2020 - 06/25/20 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by 68_661charger
I don't get why alot of people dog the Nats. Bathrooms and golf carts? You really want a large Mopar only show to fold? Not me.

I agree. Its a great show. Who would use those bathrooms anyway smile I never have in YEARS. But then guys I used to work with would use the bathrooms AT WORK first thing in the morning instead of going at home. Never understood that. I taught my sons to ship, shower and shave in THAT order for a reason.
Posted By: markz528

Re: Mopar Nationals 2020 - 06/25/20 10:26 PM

Totally agree!

Re: Mopar Nationals 2020 - 06/26/20 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by ThermoQuad

It's all who and how you do it. We have a great time, especially the last few years again.

Fun is what you make it.

Re: Mopar Nationals 2020 - 06/27/20 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by 71TA

I agree. Its a great show. Who would use those bathrooms anyway smile I never have in YEARS. But then guys I used to work with would use the bathrooms AT WORK first thing in the morning instead of going at home. Never understood that. I taught my sons to ship, shower and shave in THAT order for a reason.

Used to hear a quote, "Boss makes a buck, I make a dime, that's why I poop on company time" Perhaps his thoughts.

Re: Mopar Nationals 2020 - 06/27/20 05:18 PM

Anyone have a link to register? Can't seem to find one, why I do not know.

To save time, I"m going one day, is it cheaper to just buy a one-day or what?

Re: Mopar Nationals 2020 - 06/27/20 08:23 PM

The links to the entry are about a 1/3 of the way down on the main page

Link to the entry form.

Color Version. http://moparnats.org/sites/default/files/20NatsAppWebsiteCWebsite.pdf

Black and white (to save color ink). http://moparnats.org/sites/default/files/20NatsAppMAc.pdf
Posted By: OhioMopar

Re: Mopar Nationals 2020 - 06/27/20 10:07 PM

Agreed. It is what you make of it. If you go in wanting to have a terrible time, you will. If you go in looking to enjoy yourself, you likely will.

Re: Mopar Nationals 2020 - 06/28/20 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by SNK-EYZ
The links to the entry are about a 1/3 of the way down on the main page

Link to the entry form.

Color Version. http://moparnats.org/sites/default/files/20NatsAppWebsiteCWebsite.pdf

Black and white (to save color ink). http://moparnats.org/sites/default/files/20NatsAppMAc.pdf

Thanks! I found it after asking. So imbariskin'
© 2024 Moparts Forums