Corvette with body kit - 06/08/20 03:05 PM

That actually does not look horrible

[Linked Image]
Posted By: bigdad

Re: Corvette with body kit - 06/08/20 03:06 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: Corvette with body kit - 06/08/20 04:27 PM

Be still my heart!, that's about the only piece of modern Detroit Iron I'd want to invest in....NICE!, but sad, as you've now caused a "disturbance in the Force!"..... as I must now have one....dammm it!, and it's in my favorite color too!

Mike
Posted By: SRT6776

Re: Corvette with body kit - 06/08/20 04:35 PM

Does look good but I'd have a real car designer make a few tweaks, head and tail lights seem out of proportion along with a few other things a designer could fix in 30 seconds.
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Corvette with body kit - 06/08/20 05:01 PM

That is probably the best "retro conversion" I have seen on a modern car.

There is a 68 Mustang "kit" on an 05 Mustang around here and its just terrible, it looks like a bloated 68.

There is also a 53 corvette kit on a C5 chassis and its not near as bad as the mustang but it just isn't right. You can look at it and clearly see both corvettes lol.
Posted By: 56_Royal_Lancer

Re: Corvette with body kit - 06/08/20 05:13 PM

That rear 3/4 view is strong. In that photo it appears every car to the left is a Mopar, so then there's that. scope
Posted By: burdar

Re: Corvette with body kit - 06/08/20 05:17 PM

That rear 3/4 view is strong.

iagree That looks really good. The front shot though...something doesn't look right IMO. The windshield / roof look out of proportion. Too tall maybe. Not much you can really do to that part of the car though.
Posted By: 5thAve

Re: Corvette with body kit - 06/08/20 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by burdar
That rear 3/4 view is strong.

iagree That looks really good. The front shot though...something doesn't look right IMO. The windshield / roof look out of proportion. Too tall maybe. Not much you can really do to that part of the car though.

Especially in that shot. It makes the side look tall like a pacer window or something.
Posted By: Lee446

Re: Corvette with body kit - 06/08/20 06:16 PM

That pic was taken at the saturday night Kemah, TX. cruise-in. The yellow Mopar is my old 70 GTX that I sold to the fellow with sunglasses on his hat. I could be wrong, but that looks like Darrell Wiscnewski driving the Vette. He owns Bayway Motors and has a large collection of muscle cars including original hemi cars, real Shelby Cobras and God knows what else. I really like that Vette though.
Posted By: 65pacecar

Re: Corvette with body kit - 06/08/20 06:35 PM

Was a C6 Grand Sport used as a base. I usually hate the body kit cars but that one works, beautiful car.
Posted By: racerx20

Re: Corvette with body kit - 06/08/20 07:59 PM

I was looking at the pics and realized that was taken at our local cruise night here in Kemah TX. It has a Bayway tag on it, guessing it's owned by the owner who has a huge car (mostly Mopar) collection. up
Posted By: jcc

Re: Corvette with body kit - 06/08/20 10:05 PM

It looks awesome to me.
Posted By: SattyNoCar

Re: Corvette with body kit - 06/09/20 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by Lee446
That pic was taken at the saturday night Kemah, TX. cruise-in. The yellow Mopar is my old 70 GTX that I sold to the fellow with sunglasses on his hat. I could be wrong, but that looks like Darrell Wiscnewski driving the Vette. He owns Bayway Motors and has a large collection of muscle cars including original hemi cars, real Shelby Cobras and God knows what else. I really like that Vette though.

So, it's a recent pic? I'm close to Kemah, may have to go check it out.
Posted By: RobG

Re: Corvette with body kit - 06/09/20 02:07 PM

There was a company at SEMA that last few years that builds there retro-classics on C6 and C7 chassis. The '56 - to '60 MY versions look spectacular.

https://www.crcoachworks.com/models
Posted By: racerx20

Re: Corvette with body kit - 06/09/20 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Satilite73

Every Saturday night between the Home Depot and the Chic Fil A.
Posted By: RoadRunner

Re: Corvette with body kit - 06/09/20 03:14 PM

I agree. I kind of like it. I've seen the 50s era vette kits on modern chassis and don't like them. But this works pretty well IMHO.
Posted By: second 70

Re: Corvette with body kit - 06/09/20 03:22 PM

I think it would look better with chrome bumpers like my 65.

Attached picture 09D29B4B-53A9-4DFB-965D-0272D6B34795.jpg
Posted By: SattyNoCar

Re: Corvette with body kit - 06/09/20 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by racerx20
Originally Posted by Satilite73

Every Saturday night between the Home Depot and the Chic Fil A.

I know where it is, been there a number of times. biggrin Just wondering how old the pic is. work
Posted By: Neil

Re: Corvette with body kit - 06/09/20 10:13 PM

Front view is nice. Not a split window fan though.
Posted By: Pacnorthcuda

Re: Corvette with body kit - 06/09/20 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Neil
Front view is nice. Not a split window fan though.

I didnt used to be a split window fan either, but about 10-15 years ago I started noticing them and how awesome the rear end really is, especially in Black or Red..... I’m a fan now.

One of the VERY few cars where the hardtop is considerably more desirable than the roadster. 300SL Gullwings and FHC XKE’s being other members of a that very rare class.
Posted By: DirectSubjection

Re: Corvette with body kit - 06/09/20 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by Pacnorthcuda

One of the VERY few cars where the hardtop is considerably more desirable than the roadster. 300SL Gullwings and FHC XKE’s being other members of a that very rare class.

And my Crossfire biggrin
© 2024 Moparts Forums