Moparts

a late model cuda

Posted By: theraif

a late model cuda - 05/25/20 07:02 PM

i seen the rumor mill started again, why would they build one to compete with the challenger ? and if they went 4 door why build to compete with the charger ? if one dose come out it would replace the viper and be 100K plus ..................... twocents
Posted By: SRT6776

Re: a late model cuda - 05/25/20 07:34 PM

There are no real rumors, just ones started by kids. Cuda was briefly considered back in 2013 or something and they chose to just make the challenger better, which is what they did.

They are apparently working on a Challenger ACR now, 325 tires all around, lots of carbon fiber, viper ACR rear wing, no back seat, demon engine etc.
Posted By: Pale_Roader

Re: a late model cuda - 05/26/20 11:31 AM

Was driving beside a new Challenger with a 71 Cuda grille a few days ago. Looked good. Best looking new one i've seen yet.

I, for one, am glad they didn't make a new Cuda. It just wouldn't be right... for many, many reasons...
Posted By: Dartsport540

Re: a late model cuda - 05/26/20 01:46 PM

My 2010 Challenger Hurst Edition, Super Cuda.

Attached picture 2010 Challenger 7-9-11 #4.jpg
Attached picture 2010 Challenger 7-9-11 #5.jpg
Attached picture tn_Kenne Bell Blower 8-20-15 003.JPG
Posted By: 2boltmain

Re: a late model cuda - 05/26/20 01:49 PM

A you tuber a year or so ago claimed FCA planned to make a Cudu on Fiats Alpha Julia platform which is V8 RWD and smaller than current Challenger.
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: a late model cuda - 05/26/20 11:03 PM

The one I used to drive around in 2009. If you notice we actually changed the quarter panels and got rid of the Challenger "bump". That turned out to be something that was just too expensive and prone to issues so we stopped doing it in 2011 or so...

Attached picture cuda converible.jpg
Posted By: redraptor

Re: a late model cuda - 05/30/20 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by theraif
i seen the rumor mill started again, why would they build one to compete with the challenger ? and if they went 4 door why build to compete with the charger ? if one dose come out it would replace the viper and be 100K plus ..................... twocents

The current LX platform Challenger was supposed to be replaced a year ago with a smaller lighter car and not a retro coupe no matter the name. Evidently adding blowers, flares, AWD, and stripe kits can extend an aging body style indefinately. Maybe they'll update it and also offer a "classic" version. shruggy
© 2024 Moparts Forums