Moparts

Mildly interesting...

Posted By: BloFish

Mildly interesting... - 05/23/20 08:38 PM

While replacing a through wall vent this morning, I discovered a small fortune hidden inside. The house was designed and built in 1959 by Joseph Eichler, for Dr. Foley. We purchased it from his wife in 2012, and have slowly been restoring and maintaining the integrity of the home. There was a terrible accident in 1984 https://www.upi.com/Archives/1984/0...lifornia-to-Illinois-with/9134462254400/ that shook our little town at the time. His mother and father have since past, but his brother lives in the Sacramento area. I will attempt to locate him and return his brothers treasure.

Attached picture E3D2FF40-20B0-4FF1-BE2F-0C92677A3AAB.jpeg
Posted By: Ramrod39

Re: Mildly interesting... - 05/23/20 08:47 PM

Yep, that is interesting. Good luck doing your good deed.
Posted By: 67vertman

Re: Mildly interesting... - 05/23/20 08:56 PM

Nice find and a good deed, to return them.

I wish my Wheat pennies, where as organized as those. Mine are in wrappers, and jars with some organized by years, but not Mint. I guess I need to get busy. lol
Posted By: FM3AAR

Re: Mildly interesting... - 05/23/20 09:14 PM

Good deed indeed. thumbs
Posted By: jcc

Re: Mildly interesting... - 05/23/20 09:35 PM

So this assortment/collection of pennies has special value, or just sentimental?

So what was FAA finding on crash, odd a small plane "explodes" in mid air at altitude(?) and sounds intact(?) after impact with ground, and found on fire?

Interesting and odd, IMO.

Re: Mildly interesting... - 05/23/20 10:16 PM

Estimated cash value is estimated to be $50.00 To me, the sentimental value would be priceless.
I don’t remember hearing any further details surrounding the crash. At that time, I was a Paramedic working in the same hospital as the involved Dr.’s, so there was very little gossip passing through the halls.

Re: Mildly interesting... - 05/23/20 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by jcc

So what was FAA finding on crash, odd a small plane "explodes" in mid air at altitude(?) and sounds intact(?) after impact with ground, and found on fire?

Just searched and found this...

https://www.baaa-acro.com/sites/default/files/2020-03/N9150N.pdf
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: Mildly interesting... - 05/24/20 10:00 PM

There's an old cliché about doctors operating aircraft.

https://www.kevinmd.com/blog/2019/05/why-doctors-crash-planes.html

Attached picture Drs.PNG

Re: Mildly interesting... - 05/25/20 01:01 AM

Interesting read John, thanks
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Mildly interesting... - 05/25/20 02:16 AM

The first I bad remark I heard about Doctors being bad pilots and flying involve the Beech Craft Bonanza V tail single engine air planes that a lot of doctors bought and flew in the early to late 1950s, the bad mouth was they where knowns as the forked tail doctor killers in the general aviation groups shruggy
Those airplane had a well known history of knocking the tail off when they exceeded the VNE, velocity never exceed speed.
The story went along that most of the Dr. always being in a hurry and not watching the air speed indicator when descending and BANGO goes the tail whiney
My first night of ground school for getting the training needed to fly as a private pilot, the instructor said 95% or more of general aviation (private pilots) accidents where pilot errors shock I thought to myself that has to be baloney sauce, nobody is stupid enough to kill themselves in a airplane, BOY was I WRONG about that whiney
Sounds like this pilot got into conditions he wasn't competent to fly successfully in whiney work
Posted By: jcc

Re: Mildly interesting... - 05/25/20 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by BloFish
Originally Posted by jcc

Just searched and found this...

https://www.baaa-acro.com/sites/default/files/2020-03/N9150N.pdf

Thanks

272 Knots max recorded on radar would not seem to be enough as a layman to knock the wings off a twin turbo prop.

Looks like to me, poor choice of routing, in severe unpredictable weather, that broke up the ACFT.
© 2024 Moparts Forums