Moparts

pop ups?

Posted By: hotairballoonpilot

pop ups? - 05/21/20 05:48 PM

Ok I had the blocker on this computer. Some how its gone now. I searched to find the posts on here about what one to use. I tried one but they still are here. what should i use? Links?

thanks guys

corey
Posted By: stumpy

Re: pop ups? - 05/21/20 06:00 PM

Ad block plus. A freebie that works.
Posted By: dOrk !

Re: pop ups? - 05/21/20 06:07 PM

STOP the negative waves ... poopUps are so informative!!

Attached picture FA94AB15-2F3D-4CFB-9437-C5141ECDA40B.png
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: pop ups? - 05/21/20 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Fiberglass
STOP the negative waves ... poopUps are so informative!!

I guess that's why it has "info" in the name. They just forgot the "PIA" part. poopUps is an appropriate term.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: pop ups? - 05/21/20 09:24 PM

The same guys that can’t figure out how to deal with pop ups are trying to tell us about Coronavirus. Lol.

Re: pop ups? - 05/21/20 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by pittsburghracer
The same guys that can’t figure out how to deal with pop ups are trying to tell us about Coronavirus. Lol.

So if my computer gets a virus, do I need to wear a mask to watch COVID 8 and check my email? I already have it confined to home.

Re: pop ups? - 05/21/20 10:20 PM

I'm ready. Let's go...

Attached picture IMG_E3991[1].JPG

Re: pop ups? - 05/21/20 10:49 PM

Damn guyz ..... you’ve even got the cHeEzY guy rant going ....

I approach all this THIS WAY .... for not pOoPups... how else would I know about the special SONIC DEALS and about A & G Auto !! tsk grin

Attached picture E9261202-B3F6-408E-ABCC-34EA981C9A2C.png

Re: pop ups? - 05/21/20 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Fiberglass
Damn guyz ..... you’ve even got the cHeEzY guy rant going ....

I approach all this THIS WAY .... for not pOoPups... how else would I know about the special SONIC DEALS and about A & G Auto !! tsk grin

Looks like more Chinese crap to collapse and crush you.

Re: pop ups? - 05/21/20 11:18 PM

seaMAC ... whatchootalkinabout? tsk

Those double awesome RhineHOES are USA made ! up
Posted By: Dcuda69

Re: pop ups? - 05/22/20 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by stumpy

Yep...I use it with Chrome but it's available on Firefox also. Earlier I jumped on here using my phone with no adblock and I see what everyone is talking about. Irritating is an understatement. If my phone without an adblock was the only way for me to access this site....I'd be long gone!
Posted By: justinp61

Re: pop ups? - 05/22/20 01:45 PM

As of the last couple days my Kindle Fire has been getting pop up ads in addition to infolinks. Ad Block Plus stops everything on my desktop and laptop.

Re: pop ups? - 05/22/20 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by pittsburghracer

yeah last time I checked I have not posted anything about the virus. I am not on here posting about that or anywhere else. . All I did was ask what everyone was using again as it suddenly started and the one I tried did not work.

Re: pop ups? - 05/22/20 04:48 PM

thanks stumpy that is what I was looking for I will try that. Thanks for not stealing the thread and making it run away like others did. Just asked a question guess I should expect that I would get others to throw it sideways
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: pop ups? - 05/22/20 06:37 PM

Yeah there are plenty of people on here that will turn the subject in a blink
wave
Posted By: not_a_charger

Re: pop ups? - 05/22/20 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by hotairballoonpilot

thanks stumpy that is what I was looking for I will try that. Thanks for not stealing the thread and making it run away like others did. Just asked a question guess I should expect that I would get others to throw it sideways

One particular person has a bad habit of doing that on a regular basis, and is getting a nice, long vacation the next time I see it happen. wave I usually delete those replies, but I missed this thread until just a moment ago.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Good Ad block link help please - 05/22/20 06:55 PM

I saw a link on here several months ago and down loaded it, it work good until I had to disable it to use Kelly blue book this morning, shame on me for doing that because that deleted it and I can't find it on here to reload it or by using Google search for it whiney help
Can one of you better computer users help me get it back please help
Thanks in advance; Cab

Re: Good Ad block link help please - 05/22/20 07:25 PM

Cab... try the Ad Block Plus
wave

Re: Good Ad block link help please - 05/22/20 07:30 PM

I tried finding a good link to it but the one I down loaded made more adds appear after loading it shock
That is why I'm asking for help now to the original add on here or to a good link to them now help

Re: Good Ad block link help please - 05/22/20 07:43 PM

There is another post on here now from Hot air balloonist you might take a look at but that was
the blocker they suggested
I use Ad Block on my machine with Firefox
wave
Posted By: Runner2go

Re: Good Ad block link help please - 05/22/20 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
I tried finding a good link to it but the one I down loaded made more adds appear after loading it shock
That is why I'm asking for help now to the original add on here or to a good link to them now help

Here's a direct link to ad block plus site
As opposed to downloading from a secondary site that may ad unwanted stuff in the download

This link is to adblock page that gives you options for a variety of browsers... not just Firefox (or so it says)
https://adblockplus.org/en/download

Just put your cursor over the browser name you need (in red) and click thumbs
Posted By: Dcuda69

Re: Good Ad block link help please - 05/22/20 09:09 PM

In Chrome you can go to more tools,then extensions, then search for Adblock Plus and add it that way. Pretty easy. In the future to allow ads on a site you click the ABP sign and click allow ads on this site. That will allow ads on the site you're on without messing with the settings for other sites

Re: Good Ad block link. UPDATE!!! - 05/25/20 11:31 PM

I was finally able this morning to get the AdBlock to load and stick on my desk top computer by going to AdBlock .com and load it directly from their site up boogie
I guess from now on when a site ask me to disable my add blocker I'll open up in another browser and see how that works on doing that to that browser page only luck
Posted By: John Brown

Re: Good Ad block link. UPDATE!!! - 05/26/20 02:00 AM

I right click and go to incognito mode. Don't have adblock enabled in incognito mode. Simple, just like me.
Posted By: Dave_J

Re: Good Ad block link. UPDATE!!! - 05/26/20 03:08 AM

Firefox its right click and "Open Link In New Private Window"
© 2024 Moparts Forums