Moparts

Doors Keyboardist Ray Manzarek Gone:

Posted By: Sunroofcuda

Doors Keyboardist Ray Manzarek Gone: - 05/21/20 05:39 PM

Link to article: https://www.npr.org/2013/05/24/185827139/remembering-ray-manzarek-keyboardist-for-the-doors

RIP Ray. Truly one of the greatest on the keyboard in the rock & roll world.
Posted By: Mastershake340

Re: Doors Keyboardist Ray Manzarek Gone: - 05/21/20 05:45 PM

7 years ago though. RIP

Re: Doors Keyboardist Ray Manzarek Gone: - 05/21/20 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Mastershake340
7 years ago though. RIP

Ha! WTH? Gotta get after my wife on passing old news to me!!!!!! AND, I need to look at stuff before posting! Well, anyway - RIP Ray.
Posted By: ekim

Re: Doors Keyboardist Ray Manzarek Gone: - 05/21/20 09:24 PM

Jim Morrison died also.
Posted By: T2R9

Re: Doors Keyboardist Ray Manzarek Gone: - 05/21/20 10:28 PM

No one here gets out alive.
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: Doors Keyboardist Ray Manzarek Gone: - 05/21/20 10:47 PM

"we want the world and we want it"

"NOW"

Loved the DOORS and Ray was a cool dude bow

Gus beer

Re: Doors Keyboardist Ray Manzarek Gone: - 05/22/20 02:01 AM

My aunt saw The Doors perform at the Whiskey-A-Go-Go in CA. back in the 60's before they hit it really big - she lived out there from 1965 to around 1992. She did not care for them. How cool is that!
Posted By: A12

Re: Doors Keyboardist Ray Manzarek Gone: - 05/22/20 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by ekim
Jim Morrison died also.

So they say.................or is he? wink

Some say he's a Moparts member whistling

Attached picture b0e2f4c44d4174846d2eea0871507440.jpg
Attached picture chargerdoorsx.jpg
Attached picture 5708540-41681481_8eeefdd216_o.jpg
Posted By: Pacnorthcuda

Re: Doors Keyboardist Ray Manzarek Gone: - 05/22/20 03:17 AM

Yeah I am a member here. Had a little trouble in France but I broke on through to the other side. Glad to be here riding this storm!
Posted By: not_a_charger

Re: Doors Keyboardist Ray Manzarek Gone: - 05/22/20 09:25 AM

David Crosby said that Mazarek sucked as both a keyboard player, and as a "bass" player. Not being a musician myself, I don't know if that's true or not. Also, there's the fact that the comments came from David Crosby, whose a-holeishness makes Glenn Frey appear pleasant. He also said Robby Kreiger and John Densmore were "pretty OK," and that Morrison was a poser, and "no effing good" as a singer or poet.
Posted By: RobG

Re: Doors Keyboardist Ray Manzarek Gone: - 05/22/20 12:42 PM

You have really slow internet - are you still on dial-up?
Posted By: azblackhemi

Re: Doors Keyboardist Ray Manzarek Gone: - 05/22/20 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by not_a_charger
David Crosby said that Mazarek sucked as both a keyboard player, and as a "bass" player. Not being a musician myself, I don't know if that's true or not. Also, there's the fact that the comments came from David Crosby, whose a-holeishness makes Glenn Frey appear pleasant. He also said Robby Kreiger and John Densmore were "pretty OK," and that Morrison was a poser, and "no effing good" as a singer or poet.

Why on earth did Melissa Ethridge ever pick David Crosby to be their sperm donor? If you get to pick the father of your child shouldn't you reach for the best?

Re: Doors Keyboardist Ray Manzarek Gone: - 05/22/20 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by RobG
You have really slow internet - are you still on dial-up?

Sure, but you still have to give me credit for my patience!
Posted By: A12

Re: Doors Keyboardist Ray Manzarek Gone: - 05/22/20 02:15 PM

BTW is this photo the reason the latest Charger has four DOORS...............................it's a "Tribute" Charger laugh2 laugh2

See how difficult it is to get four DOORS into two DOORS.

(argument solved grin )

Attached picture 29790aa03ef35c0e1467cc0ba9482910.jpg
Posted By: Grizzly

Re: Doors Keyboardist Ray Manzarek Gone: - 05/22/20 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by ekim
Jim Morrison died also.

laugh2

Love The Doors, but Manzerek was such a Flake. No one milked the name more than him.

Posted By: Pacnorthcuda

Re: Doors Keyboardist Ray Manzarek Gone: - 05/22/20 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by azblackhemi

Why on earth did Melissa Ethridge ever pick David Crosby to be their sperm donor? If you get to pick the father of your child shouldn't you reach for the best?

I don’t think anyone ever understood that move. Dumb looking kid too.
Posted By: RoadRunnerLuva

Re: Doors Keyboardist Ray Manzarek Gone: - 05/26/20 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by azblackhemi

David Crosby is an effing a$$hole....someone who willingly abused alcohol his entire adult life, only to get a liver transplant later in life, because he is a so called "star" .... and I'm sure there is no doubt, he jumped ahead of alot of really needy, sick patients, on that transplant waiting list at the time. The sound of his name fills me with the urge to puke If I got the chance to see him in person, he would get b%tch slapped hard.
© 2024 Moparts Forums