Moparts

What’s up with MCG, 2 issues same day?

Posted By: Mastershake340

What’s up with MCG, 2 issues same day? - 05/18/20 03:51 PM

I just heard the sound of my mailbox lid clanking shut, which means the mails here. Sadly the most interesting event of the day these days in this trapped at home era. I go to get my mail, and find the several car mags there. 2 of them are Mopar Collectors Guide. June and July issues. I wonder why they are sending 2 months at once?
Posted By: VCODE

Re: What’s up with MCG, 2 issues same day? - 05/18/20 03:52 PM

Same thing here. 2 months at one time?
Posted By: jcc

Re: What’s up with MCG, 2 issues same day? - 05/18/20 04:55 PM

My "RaceCar Engineering" almost did the same thing. Must be a publisher CYA thing. I've had to allocate extra time on the toilet.
Posted By: Sinitro

Re: What’s up with MCG, 2 issues same day? - 05/18/20 05:01 PM

Mine arrived about 1 week apart...

Just my $0.02... wink
Posted By: topside

Re: What’s up with MCG, 2 issues same day? - 05/18/20 05:42 PM

My MCG issues arrived in normal time & separation.
God only knows with the USPS nowadays, seems this virus deal has affected them.
Heck, some days I get no mail, or 1 piece, and the magazines sometimes weeks after they're on the newsstands...

For the last couple years, sometimes my mail goes to another house, and I get theirs. same street #, totally different in every other way.
Posted By: ricomondo

Re: What’s up with MCG, 2 issues same day? - 05/18/20 08:14 PM

Mine came a day apart. Maybe it has to be with the publishing during the Wuhan?
Posted By: 5carguy

Re: What’s up with MCG, 2 issues same day? - 05/18/20 08:19 PM

Mine were about a week apart.Wish Muscle Car Review was still around.
Posted By: DynoDave

Re: What’s up with MCG, 2 issues same day? - 05/19/20 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by topside
My MCG issues arrived in normal time & separation.

Same here.
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: What’s up with MCG, 2 issues same day? - 05/19/20 04:08 PM

Yep, got the June issue yesterday and the July issue today... shruggy On another note, I sent a 7' tube with trim in it to a buyer in California a month ago and the tracking shows it sitting in a UPS warehouse in LA. We are both naturally pissed off about this! My wife bought something two weeks ago and it sits in a FedEx warehouse in Itasca, IL about 30 miles from our house. I guess this Plandemic is affecting shipping everywhere... frown
Posted By: Neil

Re: What’s up with MCG, 2 issues same day? - 05/19/20 04:20 PM

I bought a number of things off Ebay in the last month and most of it showed up in the normal time frame. There were one or two things that got stuck at a shipping warehouse and sat for several days before moving again. Not in a hurry so it is what it is. Places are likely short staffed, need downtime to sanitize, etc....

I imagine the car mags are going to get thin as many shows and races seem to be being called off.
Posted By: moparx

Re: What’s up with MCG, 2 issues same day? - 05/19/20 04:27 PM

i also have bought several items on line, and my wife has bought catalog items. all were delivered in a reasonable time frame.
i shipped a 22" radiator [core] to california via UPS, and it arrived in a reasonable time as well. plus it was UNDAMAGED ! [i just credit that feat with my packing skills. biggrin]
as to MCG, the june and july issues came at about a month apart.
beer
Posted By: dart4forte

Re: What’s up with MCG, 2 issues same day? - 05/19/20 10:38 PM

In shipping seatbelts the flat rate via USPS is averaging 7 days.
Posted By: 5thAve

Re: What’s up with MCG, 2 issues same day? - 05/20/20 02:33 AM

I bought a car brochure that was 5 hours away. Took a month to get here. Im still waiting on something else..
Posted By: 318 Stroker

Re: What’s up with MCG, 2 issues same day? - 05/20/20 03:56 PM

I called MCG when my June issue was real late. They explained that after receiving numerous complaints, they investigated. Turns out that one of the USPS distribution centers was closed for 2 weeks because of COVID. I finally got my June issue a week after I called, and a week after that July showed up.
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: What’s up with MCG, 2 issues same day? - 05/20/20 09:20 PM

Heard from the horses mouth that the Detroit main postal facility closed for two weeks, so anyone east of the Mississippi got delayed two weeks, then the priority and personal mail was delivered, then the magazines and junk mail. So thanks Detroit...LOL
Posted By: 318 Stroker

Re: What’s up with MCG, 2 issues same day? - 05/20/20 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Rhinodart
Heard from the horses mouth that the Detroit main postal facility closed for two weeks, so anyone east of the Mississippi got delayed two weeks, then the priority and personal mail was delivered, then the magazines and junk mail. So thanks Detroit...LOL

Yes, MCG did state that it was the Detroit facility.
© 2024 Moparts Forums