Posted By: RoadRunnerLuva

Re: Time goes by fast - 05/08/20 10:08 PM

And 22 years since my beautiful wife died... angel
Posted By: stumpy

Re: Time goes by fast - 05/08/20 10:19 PM

Two years since my daughter died.
Posted By: Jjs72D

Re: Time goes by fast - 05/08/20 11:25 PM

How long has Stu Harmon been gone ? Didn't he pass on in late November 2018 ?
Posted By: SattyNoCar

Re: Time goes by fast - 05/09/20 12:39 AM

Whoa.......getting away from death for a moment if you don't mind.

I was thinking about this in terms of cars I've had over the years and how different the time is now compared to then.

I had a '76 Club Cab back in '89 that I drove a LOT, swapped in a 440 out of a cop car, cleaned up the frame (painted it) made the interior more comfortable and basically drove the wheels off it adding about 200K miles to it in the time I owned it. I have a LOT of memories of that truck, and it seems like I DID a lot with that truck. I owned it 6 yrs.

Fast forward to my wagon. I bought it with a rod knock, swapped in a 440 to get it moving until I could rebuild the original 400. Moparts member Zippy sold me some 400 parts to help with the rebuild as well as another member who hasn't been on here in eons and........nothing. Car became a driver as is for a few years being driven less and less until it finally hasn't left the garage in far too long. I got more accomplished on my Club Cab then I ever have with the wagon, and I drove the truck a TON more too. I have owned the wagon for 20 years and it pains me to admit, its in worse shape now than when I bought it. It's almost in worse shape than the truck, and that got junked.

The truck I feel like I owned it a lot longer than I did, the wagon I feel like I've had it a lot less.

And with each passing day, time seems to be going faster still.

When I was younger, I remember hearing old(er) people talking about how fast time passes, I had no clue just how fast they meant. help
Posted By: poorboy

Re: Time goes by fast - 05/09/20 01:42 AM

44 years ago today I got married! We are still together and in love. I can't imagine life without her. Gene
Posted By: DirectSubjection

Re: Time goes by fast - 05/09/20 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by Jjs72D

November 2019

Re: Time goes by fast - 05/09/20 02:37 AM

Thank you. It seems like it has been longer. He was a great guy.

Re: Time goes by fast - 05/09/20 02:40 AM

Thank you. It seems like it has been longer. He was a great guy.

The Best
Posted By: dart4forte

Re: Time goes by fast - 05/09/20 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by Diego (not Ted)
5 years since Dart Girl passed away.

Does anyone have the pic of her hanging from the wing of that right hand drive purple Daytona?

Re: Time goes by fast - 05/09/20 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by dart4forte

Does anyone have the pic of her hanging from the wing of that right hand drive purple Daytona?

Attached picture 4691326-1372559_DartGirl_Wing.jpg

Re: Time goes by fast - 05/09/20 03:46 AM

Wow. A woman AND under 40 was a member here?
Posted By: RoadRunnerLuva

Re: Time goes by fast - 05/09/20 04:34 AM

There have been a few women members here over the years.

Re: Time goes by fast - 05/09/20 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by RoadRunnerLuva
There have been a few women members here over the years.

Di is still a good friend of mine, and DusterGirl baked great looking cookies smile

Re: Time goes by fast - 05/09/20 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by DirectSubjection

Wonder what happened to that car
Posted By: A12

Re: Time goes by fast - 05/09/20 06:07 PM

She was awesome, a good friend and loved my son. We hung out every time we met at a Mopar event from the (air conditioned) announcing tower at the nat's to the Moparts picnic at Norwalk with Unlawful to just having fun driving around in the right hand drive Daytona with my son pretending to be driving it to freak people out as she burned rubber to get their attention laugh2 She was too cool. angel

Miss them ALL,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Christopher missed DG a lot

Mike

Attached picture DSC01476crp.jpg
Attached picture DSC01461a.jpg
Attached picture DSC01458.jpg
Attached picture DSC01481.jpg
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: Time goes by fast - 05/09/20 06:12 PM

Showed up to a roadkill nights event some years back. Same guy owned it at that time. Not sure what the deal is since I'm not a mod anymore but I think he's on permaban/don't get me started.

Lost Labratt/Randy Borowski as well who I really liked.
Lost my Dad back in '12, and a very good friend of about 25 years recently, out of nowhere.
I have 180/Unlawfl decals on my car to this day, I do miss Gary, and how odd it is I'd like to think he
would be proud of my progress in life (he was younger than me but did a whole lot more, a whole lot sooner).

My Mom is in rough shape these days as well.

Yep, that good(?) ol' natural progression of life.

Take care all
Posted By: A12

Re: Time goes by fast - 05/09/20 07:39 PM

It was also on Mecum a few years ago (16?) went to six figures but didn't meet the reserve, don't know if it sold after that or if it was listed by the owner that Zippy mentioned? Still was a right hand drive during the Mecum showing, they told the story of the history of it and why it was converted. Be a shame to put it back to left hand drive. This photo of the surprised smiling look on my son's face in the left hand seat was after he realized that DG and I told him that he was going to drive and to get in the (former) driver's seat. When DG said let's go for a ride over to the Moparts picnic he ran for the right side door and we said "no not that side, go to the other side and you drive". He was excited and scared at the same time as he was too young to drive but he was going to give it a try. He opened the left side door, jumped in and then saw there was no steering wheel and knew we tricked him, gave DG the look but was still excited to go for a ride in a car with a giant wing on it. Great time that he never will forget.

Attached picture DSC01457a.jpg
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Time goes by fast - 05/10/20 02:57 AM

DG used to stay at my place when she was on layover at O'hare. We had a lot of good times. RIP DG.
Posted By: klunick

Re: Time goes by fast - 05/12/20 01:22 PM

Didn't the Daytona belong to ONEBADSUPERBIRD here years ago? He and used to race each other back in the day with his bird and I thought he told me about 12 years ago that he imported the car back to the US.
Posted By: Diego_Ted

Re: Time goes by fast - 05/12/20 09:54 PM

I will throw a shout out and a RIP to a Great Guy, 9 Second Phil up

Attached picture HPIM2274.jpg
Attached picture HPIM2258.jpg
Posted By: burdar

Re: Time goes by fast - 05/13/20 01:30 AM

Two years since my daughter died.

I remember you posting a picture of her when she was just a kid. I think about you and your family often. July will be 7 years since Owen passed away. Doesn't seem possible. I still think about him every day. My three year old daughter talks about him a lot but doesn't understand why we can't go see him.

Dart Girl sent me some nice PMs when Owen was sick. frown
Posted By: GMP440

Re: Time goes by fast - 05/13/20 03:20 AM

Did not know Dart Girl passed away. Anyone know what happened? Wasn't she a flight attendant?

Re: Time goes by fast - 05/13/20 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by GMP440

Did not know Dart Girl passed away. Anyone know what happened? Wasn't she a flight attendant?

I thought that I read here that it was suicide. I don't mean to be offensive or hurtful but I seem to remember someone here saying that she had some problems. It is a sad thing.
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: Time goes by fast - 05/14/20 12:40 AM

I would venture to say that MOST of the members here area lot closer to the end they the beginning.
With that I'll say enjoy today like its your last. Tomorrow is not guaranteed for anyone of us.

Lost my mother in law this past April 1st.
Lost my nephew yesterday afternoon, he was just 34
Posted By: Diego (not Ted)

Re: Time goes by fast - 05/14/20 04:11 AM

I thought that I read here that it was suicide. I don't mean to be offensive or hurtful but I seem to remember someone here saying that she had some problems. It is a sad thing.

I never met her, but I spoke with her over the phone over several years. I recall her organs were destroyed (prob kidneys or liver) and couldn't sustain that little body of hers anymore. So not suicide, but almost feels that way.

Yeah, she was working as a flight attendant but I don't think she was doing that when she passed. Someone more intimate with her may know.

(I only happened to know about the anniversary through a Facebook post.)
Posted By: calmopar

Re: Time goes by fast - 05/14/20 04:58 AM

She was a very nice person and had a rough go of it with health issues. She was a real moparts character.
Posted By: Montclaire

Re: Time goes by fast - 04/22/21 12:08 AM

I had to correct this; she had a genetic issue, I believe with her liver. She had been given a terminal prognosis (weeks) but managed to hang on for another ten years. Eventually her body just gave out. She would gravitate to the dark side but I think that was her way of dealing with her condition. Once you got past the theatrics she was a regular person, and a good friend. Just goes to show you never know what someone is dealing with. Godspeed.
Posted By: IMGTX

Re: Time goes by fast - 04/22/21 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by klunick
Didn't the Daytona belong to ONEBADSUPERBIRD here years ago? He and used to race each other back in the day with his bird and I thought he told me about 12 years ago that he imported the car back to the US.

That is a name I hadn't heard of in a loooong time.

What happened to Onebad?

Dart girl was a pretty cool character on here. I'm glad somebody cleared up the reason for her passing. I knew it was physical health related and not mental health but didn't know all the details.
Posted By: JDMopar

Re: Time goes by fast - 04/22/21 02:35 AM

Last time I saw and talked to Dart Girl in person, was at Gary's funeral. That was when she had her Orange 70 Roadrunner. John (OneBadSuperbird) hasn't been on here in a long time. I've seen him at The Nats a few times, but it has been a while. Someone told me he had some heath troubles, but I don't know for sure. He must have rubbed some people the wrong way, but he has always been nice to me and I hope he's doing ok.
Posted By: kwhmopar1

Re: Time goes by fast - 04/22/21 12:05 PM

Does anyone keep in touch with Dustergirl340? Looked up her user name. It shows she hasn't posted since 9/2018, but shows she was online here as recently as 4/20/2021. Just curious.
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: Time goes by fast - 04/22/21 12:23 PM

Time does go by so fast. It sure seemed like I was 30 just a few years ago but now I realize I am more then twice that age.
Posted By: moparx

Re: Time goes by fast - 04/22/21 03:42 PM

the one guy i know always says : "your shopping days are fast running out !"
i think he may be right...........
beer
Posted By: dOc !

Re: Time goes by fast - 04/22/21 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by moparx
the one guy i know always says : "your waking hours are fast running out !"
i think he may be right...........
beer

FIXED

Me thimks mopXs Mamory is failing grin
Posted By: Cuda340

Re: Time goes by fast - 04/22/21 08:05 PM

I have to give a shout out to heaven for my buddy Rick MrNormsTA, gone way too soon.
Posted By: CokeBottleKid

Re: Time goes by fast - 04/23/21 10:10 AM

Ya I've been away for quite some time, didn't know she was gone, a bit weird but nice person. What happened with Stu?

Re: Time goes by fast - 04/23/21 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by CokeBottleKid
What happened with Stu?

Skin cancer took him from us
Posted By: SattyNoCar

Re: Time goes by fast - 04/23/21 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by CokeBottleKid
Ya I've been away for quite some time, didn't know she was gone, a bit weird but nice person. What happened with Stu?

See the following........ Stu Passed

And this post from Stu ....... one-day-you-are-fine-and-the-next-you-are-final

frowwn angel
Posted By: rrbrucea

Re: Time goes by fast - 04/23/21 12:41 PM

November 2019

November 17, 2019 to be precise. These will be available at the Moparts tent at Carlisle this year. Really regret due to circumstances outside my control it didn't work out to get up there with them last year.

Attached picture FlatStusMemorialDecal.jpg
Posted By: OrangeProwler

Re: Time goes by fast - 04/23/21 02:31 PM

With all of this, does anyone remember what happened to Fluffy from Michigan?

Re: Time goes by fast - 04/23/21 02:59 PM

November 2019

Let’s not forget Herb
Posted By: bigdad

Re: Time goes by fast - 04/23/21 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by RustyMopar01

Died
Posted By: bigdad

Re: Time goes by fast - 04/23/21 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by rrbrucea

November 2019

November 17, 2019 to be precise. These will be available at the Moparts tent at Carlisle this year. Really regret due to circumstances outside my control it didn't work out to get up there with them last year.

I sent money to someone( not Bruce ) for two these never got , If you can sell me any Bruce let me know I'll send money
Posted By: OrangeProwler

Re: Time goes by fast - 04/23/21 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by bigdad
Originally Posted by RustyMopar01

Died

Thank you bigdad I wasn't sure about him and had wondered. I miss talking to him and his threads as well even though I've been on/off but, more frequent here lately. Speaking of another name has anyone heard from Mopar Jamie?
Posted By: rrbrucea

Re: Time goes by fast - 04/23/21 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by bigdad
Originally Posted by rrbrucea

November 2019

I sent money to someone( not Bruce ) for two these never got , If you can sell me any Bruce let me know I'll send money

Please just send me your address via PM and I'll hook you up! up
© 2024 Moparts Forums